Cultivated Reef

20g of solid starfire sexiness

Kimberly63

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
any updates here kiddo?

ha almost a year since you asked Monk.... it's been a long year though!

First I started looking for a new home in September of 2010 and kinda got sidetracked from regularly taking care of my tank. Then in December, I asked a good friend if he could take my livestock (since he has a fishroom) and watch them until I can close on my new house. Well one thing led to another and I couldn't close until the end of March. In the meantime, my friend had a pump failure and I lost all of my livestock and corals. :( I didn't even want to start another tank and I decided to sell all of my equipment and my beloved tank.

I was busy with getting in my new home and had a lot of expenses and I knew I couldn't afford to add stuff to the tank. Something told me not to quit and sell my tank that I put so much work into! I went on RC in my club's forum and asked if any fellow club members had any extra pieces of coral that they would normally throw out or give away from overgrowth and if they could give it to me instead and briefly explained what happened with my tank. So many members emailed me and offered me corals! The ones that had nicer end stuff, sold me frags for pretty cheap. Truely great people!

Now the tank is up and running again. I don't have any fish and will probably wait a year to add any. I removed all of the plumbing since i had trouble with it and added a HOB filter where the overflow is. Things look pretty happy now and I'm taking things slow so I don't lose everything again. :)

I'll have to post pics whenever i get a chance.

Archived