ReefCleaners.org

2g Mantis Tank

clifford513

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know. I was sweating bullets the entire time that was playing. Especially when he tried to extend the raptoral appendage :slap:

That is just dumb. The mantis looked TOO inattentive as well.

Maybe colder water temps or severe overfeeding. I don't know, but I suspect foul play. ;)

Scarry, still. Managed to snap some better pics this morning:

IMG_2890.jpg?t=1230479280

IMG_2898.jpg?t=1230479302

IMG_2900.jpg?t=1230479318

IMG_2903.jpg?t=1230479339

Right now; krill, pellets, flake. Hope to get a hookup on some snails soon :happy: I guess I could give him a few colonistas from my other tank in the meantime.

WTF!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Saw dat too, I wuz like :eek:

Tank looks great Cliff!

Nice pic of the little guy in your sig too. Nothing lights up a room like a kids face on Christmas...

well, 2 X 250 MH aint bad either..... :P

Saw dat too, I wuz like :eek:

Tank looks great Cliff!

Nice pic of the little guy in your sig too. Nothing lights up a room like a kids face on Christmas...

well, 2 X 250 MH aint bad either..... :P

Thanks NRF! Yeah, that makes Christmas imo. 2 X 250 MH ain't too shabby, either :lol:

nice :)

Thanks! I believe he will need to be fed a small amount every other day. He was very actively swimming around the tank this morning and until I fed him. Now he's mostly just hanging out at the entrance of the burrow. Should I put in a larger blh to entertain him?

hey cliff yeah I have been a little busy the last few days but shrooms are doin sweet...i will have soe pics of them soon...looks like your havin a good time ;)

hey cliff yeah I have been a little busy the last few days but shrooms are doin sweet...i will have soe pics of them soon...looks like your havin a good time ;)

Good to hear from you red! I really hope you like the shrooms. The smaller ones you can stick in a shot glass with some rubble and they will attach making for easy gluing where you want them. Can't wait to see the pics. Some of them are a lot bigger than they looked in the bag :)

Oh, and don't put the macros in your main tank ;)

i want a freaking mantis.

i'd be too afraid to put one in a glass tank any less than 1/4" thick though. you are brave.

I've got a very nice female G. chiragra looking for a home. She's very reclusive, and will take thawed krill from a skewer -- but will also destroy any snails/crabs she's decided on as a dinner. xbwolfx, she'd make a great mantis for you! :D

I've got a very nice female G. chiragra looking for a home. She's very reclusive, and will take thawed krill from a skewer -- but will also destroy any snails/crabs she's decided on as a dinner. xbwolfx, she'd make a great mantis for you! :D

Any pics?

This is from Travisurfer's Mantis thread which is stickied so I didn't want to go junking it up:

Cliff's tank is a 2.5 which is a bit small for a N. wennerae. He's going to upgrade down the line. There are some species of mantis that would do well in a 3g tank. The problem is that specific species outside of N. wennerae and O. scyllarus are generally hard to come by.

Yeah, gives me an excuse to set up another tank. Someone gave me a 29g so I might just put League in there though I was considering another mountain stream biotope. Decisions, decisions. I'm liking this tank so I may just keep it as a pico or whichever category it falls under. Some sexies would be hawt in there.

Archived