SaltCritters.com

Could a Clownfish live comfortably in a 6 or 8 gallon tank?

humatrigger

This is just the way you do business isn't it huma....You asked about the trigger in the 29...when everybody said bad idea, you started another thread asking the same question...

Next you did the same thing with the "Anemone for Beginners"...

Now clown in a jelly-jar...

You really need to slow down, quit asking questions you have already received answers for, and start saving up....this is not a cheap hobby...and trying to keep it cheap can closely resemble animal neglect....

Do some studying....then ask questions and accept the answers....

Just my .02

Didnt this guy make a thread several months back when he first came to this site about putting a humahuma in a nano? Yes yes.. That was when I owned my humahuma. That was great.

for some reason I'm reminded of squeaky voices i hear in my xbox headset....

your funny.

i agree about not telling him to leave....i hope he would stay and get use out of this wonderful forum...

that said, it is annoying to watch him start 3 forums about the same thing....and appearing to totally ignore helpful advice...

Why are you guys getting so angry. I just thought to split a single question for each question. And I put the clownfish and biocube and nano cube on like 20 seconds apart.

Dont listen to ocho cinco hes wrong 98% of the time. hahaha

Good one Kraylen! I'd reather be wrong 98% of the time then 99% like you! :P

Edited by Ocho Cinco
Good one Kraylen! I'd reather be wrong 98% of the time then 99% like you! :P

Yea. I would have to agree. Read more and learn more. Reefing costs a lot!!! All I have is live sand and live rock. I have a powerhead, tank, heater, filter, background, and digital thermometer. A few other neccisary items as well. The only fish are two false percs and a firefish. I have spent well over $500 already. My tank is 38 gallons too.

Yea. I would have to agree. Read more and learn more. Reefing costs a lot!!! All I have is live sand and live rock. I have a powerhead, tank, heater, filter, background, and digital thermometer. A few other neccisary items as well. The only fish are two false percs and a firefish. I have spent well over $500 already. My tank is 38 gallons too.

You agree that kraylen is wrong 99% of the time?

I cannot accurately answer that question. I was agreeing that the thread-poster should do more research.

The reason I ask is because you quoted it and said you agree. It was a joke...

Sorry to hijack but...

I have a clown fish an anemone and a jar. I can squeeze the anemone in there and he is fully covered with water but I can't quite get the clownfish in. Would he be all right temporarily living in a seperate jar so that I can fully cover him with water? In two months I am getting a jar big enough to just cover both with water so it will only be temporary. After that I think I may use my old jars as tang or seahorse species tanks.

Sorry to hijack but...

I have a clown fish an anemone and a jar. I can squeeze the anemone in there and he is fully covered with water but I can't quite get the clownfish in. Would he be all right temporarily living in a seperate jar so that I can fully cover him with water? In two months I am getting a jar big enough to just cover both with water so it will only be temporary. After that I think I may use my old jars as tang or seahorse species tanks.

i've been in reefing for 128 years, so i know what i am talking about.

of course you can hold them in there! 2 months? psshhhh... i have a hippo tang in a dixie cup as we speak. reef on brother (or sister) reef on!

WhiteVelvetStarfish
Hippo tang in a dixie cup almost made me spit coffe on my monitor.

lol that's funny

I just started a 14g biocube a while back and with the stand and everything it gets really expensive. and that's just for the tank itsself!

have you even thought about how you are going to set this tank up? you will deff. spend over 100 dollars on live rock and sand etc. then you have to buy the fish!

I would say that i have spent over 500 easy so far....

(i'm not sure on the exact number b/c i am an accounting student and i would just shoot myself if i knew how much money i've blown on this hobby lol)

seriously though, take the advice that these guys give. i learned a lot on this site and now because of all these guys i have a tank up and running with everything i need. it really is a fun hobby, but you really need to think about what you're doing and if you can commit all the way. if you quit about 300 bucks in, you will have wasted all that time and money.

clownfish1124

ah, watching people bash noobs is fun!

like i said before, just get a standard 10 gallon kit from wally world or petsmart. then get a new bulb, some lr and ls and your good to go! of course there will be a cycle...

and you can always upgrade to pc, t5 led, or mh in the future, a bulb is like $10

ah, watching people bash noobs is fun!

like i said before, just get a standard 10 gallon kit from wally world or petsmart. then get a new bulb, some lr and ls and your good to go! of course there will be a cycle...

and you can always upgrade to pc, t5 led, or mh in the future, a bulb is like $10

Is 2 clowns for a 10 gallon to many like I thought or would I need a 20 gallon?

Is 2 clowns for a 10 gallon to many like I thought or would I need a 20 gallon?

I would say go for it. Get more opinions though. I would get one at a time though. Also get the same kind of clownfish.

hey moron...for the past 2 days weve been telling you the deal.

1 clown for a 10...NOT 2.

Dont call him/her names. This website is about information. CHILL. If you are tired of offering advice, get offthis forum! Its not rocket science.

No. Not 2 in a 10. 2 fish, yes, but not 2 clowns. 1 clown and a goby maybe.

Yea. I guess you would be right. I bet they could go with a false perc and a firefish. That would be an interesting tank to watch.

Dont call him/her names. This website is about information. CHILL. If you are tired of offering advice, get offthis forum! Its not rocket science.

Sorry, but I disagree with this sentiment...not because it's about giving info and not about bashing, BUT...because this doofus now has 3 pages of people trying to explain that keeping 2 clowns in a little tank is not a good idea, but he still doesn't get it...he is still asking the same question...

Huma in a nano...beginner anemone...what's next? A pico shark tank????

burtbollinger

we've had to deal with the same question, literally in three identical threads for the past 2 days...but you dont know that....this kid is something else. ....btw, youre giving crap info....you say go for it? then you say you'd do one....which is it? before youre so quick to defend this kid and tell me to get off this forum, perhaps search his thread history for the past few days....

good input btw...real clear cut. :huh:

btw....you didnt even read this whole thread, now did you? Or this one...:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...;hl=humatrigger

Point is, I've been helpful, provided info....but this little _____ wants to keep coming back, not listening, and just waiting for someone like you to advice that fits with his vision....

"Moron" noun. One deficient in judgment and good sense

end of story. GFY.

Edited by burtbollinger