Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Rathje70's 29 Biocube, New Pictures!

Rathje70

I am putting total trust in you and will more than likely be purchasing an aqualine ab 20k bulb and a 250w Sunpod. I just have to convince my darn wife...she hates when I spend money on my tank. What are wives for? ;)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sonn, wives have to be good for some things, right? haha, Get the 250w regardless, you can always find a away around the wife, go for it!

Tank is looking sick and I will be re-reading this thread when my 29g bc gets hear soon. Also I just noticed Fifa running in the background.

Hit me up if you want to get powned lol !!!

GodsSoldier415

PIPS, gotta love that FIFA action, spend a lot of days playing that haha. Well I snapped a few more pictures of the tank today, including a FTS, let me know what you think, I am kind of playing with my camera, I do need to get a new one soon, any suggestions?

Some sponge that is growing off of my rock, pretty cool! B)

fishpicturesoctober13th001.jpg

fishpicturesoctober13th002.jpg

fishpicturesoctober13th003.jpg

fishpicturesoctober13th006.jpg

fishpicturesoctober13th009.jpg

fishpicturesoctober13th010.jpg

fishpicturesoctober13th011.jpg

fishpicturesoctober13th012.jpg

fishpicturesoctober13th013.jpg

fishpicturesoctober13th015.jpg

fishpicturesoctober13th014.jpg

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been dealing with the algae very well, the hair algae has been my main concern but have since bought an emerald crab to keep that in check. The parameters are stable finally and my tank is thriving. Thanks for the interest SONN.

Anyone have any suggestions of a good camera they would recomment, its time to spend some money.... :o

Nice photos!

Do you notice any of your sps losing color? Since I have had my Mh I've had to move down my birdsnest bc I noticed the color was starting to fade.

I think my corals are gaining color with the 250w. I am using an aqualine AB 20k and it is working well for me! I would recommend this bulb to anyone!

Thanks,

Rathje70

• 1 month later...

Wow! I feel like a stranger to the nano-reef community... :o haha. It has been quite awhile since I have updated. Everything is growing and the fish are staying healthy. My system is really becoming a mature system, and I am loving the simplicity of it. Here are some updated pictures of my tank, Enjoy!

Anyone have a 250w phoenix bulb they are looking to get rid of or sell?

fishDec09002.jpg

fishDec09003.jpg

fishDec09005.jpg

fishDec09010.jpg

fishDec09008.jpg

fishDec09012-1.jpg

fishDec09014.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Got a full on FTS? Great looking tank. Just a general observation from something I wish I would have done with my tank, if that's a sunset monti in the top center, you may want to consider moving it to a side or down a bit. They've got a nasty sting and if it grows half as quickly as mine has, you're gonna lose a lot of prime real estate.

Not sure what you're shooting with currently, but if you still haven't pulled the trigger on a camera, there are some great deals on Nikon D40's right now since they're being phased out. Great entry level DSLR.

haha David, not sure where they got the props from....

Aaron, i see your from Ames, another Iowan on here with a fabulous tank. I am from Cedar Rapids! I have not picked up a new camera but will definately look into that Nikon!

Here is a straight on FTS though.....

fishDec09009-1.jpg

No ####? I swear, I run into more Iowans on this board.. Not a Hawkeye fan are you? :huh:

If you're ever up in the Ames area, you're more than welcome to swing by and check out the tank. Also if you're looking for any higher end SPS let me know, some of mine is getting to the point that I'm going to start fragging.

I picked up a D40 in August and love it. Now if only I could afford a macro lens...

Harrison Barnes......wow..what a player. And yes Iowa, lets eat some oranges....Iowa State not so much.... :lol:

I will definately let you know about the SPS though, I could use a few more in there.

Harrison Barnes......wow..what a player. And yes Iowa, lets eat some oranges....Iowa State not so much.... :lol:

I will definately let you know about the SPS though, I could use a few more in there.

Psh, whatever. I'm going to Tempe to watch us abuse Minnesota. GA Tech is gonna mop the floor with the Hawks :P

• 3 months later...

Archived