Cultivated Reef

40 Breeder, Cash money

SaltyVT

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeast:

Yeah the ball valve is just for looks. The flow is completely open. With the rio 2500, not much flow for the 3/4" pipe. Down the road when this pump fails, I will buy a larger one to get better flow. To tell you the truth, I just piped the thing the way I thought it should be. Everything is seeming to work so far.......

Jenna:

Thanks!! I really lucked out on some of the LR I got for free!!

I know, I did the tank switch on Christmas, I am already in the dog house with the wife for that one....A new light will have to wait till she forgets!! :lol: i cut a piece of plexi for the top for now, crazy fish and their water slides.

Jeebus, that male clown did it again, this time the return line. I had unplugged the pump to change the filter floss, and low and behold, I look up and the male is being sucked down.... all the way to the pump. I undid the hose let him into the fuge caught and put him back up. Then looking at everything, noticed my yellow watchman in the fuge, in the LR rubble!!!! I should just put them all down there and save them the trouble. Well four days and everything is starting to open up after a brutal scrub down by me, to reduce the BA. Hopefully be getting some more inhabitants soon!!!

Well have been stocking up on frags. Blue Digi, a torch, crazy colored Ric, and a blue rhodachtis. As soon as I get a chance I will snap a photo.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!! I am currently In the market to get a new light. I have found a tek 4 bulb 36" 2 months old, and a Aquactinics Tx5 36". So we shall see which on I get!

Thanks!!

I ended up going with the Tek light, so I shall receive it soon. I am on my third day of Black out, started to get some GHA, so I will see if this really works. All is well, I guess??

Yes, 40 Breeders are the BEST! Well got in the new lights last night, they are sitting in the basement for now. I need to purchase some new bulbs for it, before I use it. Everything is still alive, and running strong.

Archived