Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jerzsky's "THE BREEDER"

jerzsky

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man,

The tank is looking good, but I'd be careful... Just a couple things I've noticed... Coral Beauty and yellow clown goby... They are both notorious for chewing on SPS. I love both those fish, but avoided them because of that fact.

Mandarin... your tank is still way too young. A 40 gallon tank is pushing it in terms of being able to support a manarin in the first place let a one one that's been up since Nov. I know you had the rock in your told tank and the new rock came from an existing tank, but they need to established in YOUR tank first.

You are also going to need to make sure you are running some HIGH quality carbon with all those leathers in there with SPS... Could be a major chemical warfare battle ground.

With that said... I like the look of the tank and the mix of corals you have. Should be beautiful when everything grows out. Hope everything works out with the fish...

• 1 month later...

sad update...my mandarin, who was doin excellent...i just about had it trained, and i woke up one morning and found that it somehow swam up and over into my ac110 surface skimmer!!! i have no clue how it did it but it did! :tears: i loved that fish!! they are so freakin cool!!

so onto today, i have re-arranged the rockwork a bit, and also the corals. abot two weeks ago i added a desarjini sailfin tang(slow down tang police, the 90 gallon is underway) a royal gramma and a couple pep shrimps. also added some new corals. a bunch of superman mushrooms, looks like a green striped mushroom, a bunch of sps, some clove polyps, and some sweet bright zoas. so enjoy!!!

GRAMMA323.jpg

GRAMMA325.jpg

40b310345.jpg

40b310346.jpg

40b310347.jpg

40b310348.jpg

40b310349.jpg

40b310350.jpg

40b310351.jpg

40b310352.jpg

40b310353.jpg

40b310354.jpg

40b310355.jpg

40b310356.jpg

40b310357.jpg

40b310362.jpg

40b310364.jpg

40b310365.jpg

40b310369.jpg

40b310370.jpg

40b310371.jpg

40b310359.jpg

those are the nems...i didnt get a pic of the green mush, its really small, im waitin for it to get bigger to tell what it really is. yeah my nems are splitting like craaazyyy!!!

Hit me up with some nems soon, man! ^_^

pm'd brodda

Great pics ..... Keep them coming. :D

as soon as i can get more growth, or by more corals...there will sure be more pics!

I h ave the same nems they are bad ass

damn straight they are!

hey glenn, thanx man!!! i loved my scape before, and now i love it A LOT!! i just had to be a copy cat, abd pick up 6 green chromis today!! :D the sweet arse part is, i only got charged for two!! $7 for 6 chromi!!! :lol:

The new pics are way sweet.....Could you post another 30-40 please :o . You can never have enough pics. What are doing as far as water changes/dosing? Please go in to detail. Maybe do a current tank list of everything you have in there. ;)

i wish i had more to show...son though! as for water changes, since i have a heavy bio load, and no skimmer, im doing a 15-20 gallon water change every week to two weeks. levels are usually fine everytime i do a change, but i still do a pwc anyway. i use red sea coral pro salt w/ ro water. and i usually have to top off with ro a gallon every other day. i dont dose anything. everytime i check my parameters are fine. i feed my corals and all, but no dosing now. i dont think i need to??? and as far as stocking goes, here ya go!

fishies:

yellow clown goby

false perc pair

lawnmower blenny

desjardini sailfin tang(no tang police!)

5 green chromis

inverts:

6 mini anemones(and still splitting)

black n white feather duster

2 dwarf zebra hermits (mean lil buggers)

2 blue legged hermits (nice lil buggers)

10 cerith snails

10 nassarius snails

5 astrea snails

corals:

LE Tyree Grape Monti cap

LE Tyree Ponape B-nest

LE Superman Monti

Teal Stag

ATL LE Crayola Acropora Plana

sunset monti

true tyree toadstool

neon finger leather

pink birdsnest

blue xenia

green hairy mushroom

superman mushrooms(lots!!)

red mushrooms

green striped mushroom

green tipped torch

red gonipora

hobgoblin zoas

green crossettes

splash of teal zoas

pucker pink zoas

green tipped torch

green star polyp

clove polyps

and i think thats all...

i wish i had more to show...son though! as for water changes, since i have a heavy bio load, and no skimmer, im doing a 15-20 gallon water change every week to two weeks. levels are usually fine everytime i do a change, but i still do a pwc anyway. i use red sea coral pro salt w/ ro water. and i usually have to top off with ro a gallon every other day. i dont dose anything. everytime i check my parameters are fine. i feed my corals and all, but no dosing now. i dont think i need to??? and as far as stocking goes, here ya go!

fishies:

yellow clown goby

false perc pair

lawnmower blenny

desjardini sailfin tang(no tang police!)

5 green chromis

inverts:

6 mini anemones(and still splitting)

black n white feather duster

2 dwarf zebra hermits (mean lil buggers)

2 blue legged hermits (nice lil buggers)

10 cerith snails

10 nassarius snails

5 astrea snails

corals:

LE Tyree Grape Monti cap

LE Tyree Ponape B-nest

LE Superman Monti

Teal Stag

ATL LE Crayola Acropora Plana

sunset monti

true tyree toadstool

neon finger leather

pink birdsnest

blue xenia

green hairy mushroom

superman mushrooms(lots!!)

red mushrooms

green striped mushroom

green tipped torch

red gonipora

hobgoblin zoas

green crossettes

splash of teal zoas

pucker pink zoas

green tipped torch

green star polyp

clove polyps

and i think thats all...

wow, the tank looks awesome! love the patch reef look, spesh ur aquascape

i changed mine up now its less patch reef-y but i like it moree

wish i had SPS now, gna go this weekend and see if i can procure any:D

hey east! thanx a lot!!! its coming along nicely! wish i hadz more doe for mo coralz!!! but i likes for now!!! im gonna have to check out what cha did to urs!!

oh....and the 90gal patch will soon be underway!! B)

Love your scaping Jerz. Looks really nicely balanced..easy on the eyes :D

I'm so sorry that you lost your mandarin. It wasn't hard to tell how much you were enjoying it.

Keep the pics coming :)

hey east! thanx a lot!!! its coming along nicely! wish i hadz more doe for mo coralz!!! but i likes for now!!! im gonna have to check out what cha did to urs!!

oh....and the 90gal patch will soon be underway!! B)

haha, yea i forked out my last lot on 2 huuuuge zoa rocks, left at the LFS so long they lost thier colour, got em for 10$ each, now ther colouring up again

i wanna try dive and get some wild heads from the jetties here, i saw in a vid on utube someone was snorkeling and i swear there wer heads of coral on the rock, i even went to that beach but it was too late to see anything, too dark, gna go next weekend

Love your scaping Jerz. Looks really nicely balanced..easy on the eyes :D

I'm so sorry that you lost your mandarin. It wasn't hard to tell how much you were enjoying it.

Keep the pics coming :)

thanks a lot mini!!! its comin along nicely, and i never heard any one say its easy on the eyes...i like that, thank you!!! and yes my mandy was my fav!!! i was so sad to lose her!!

as soon as i can snap some more i will!

your welcome on alot of supermans hehe

thanks bud!! i just pulled a couple peices of rubble outta the container, and got some nice frags! i had to cut some back off cause they were just mounted between two rocks. so i will have plenty more soon!

haha, yea i forked out my last lot on 2 huuuuge zoa rocks, left at the LFS so long they lost thier colour, got em for 10$ each, now ther colouring up again

i wanna try dive and get some wild heads from the jetties here, i saw in a vid on utube someone was snorkeling and i swear there wer heads of coral on the rock, i even went to that beach but it was too late to see anything, too dark, gna go next weekend

hey...stay outt that water!! no stealing from the ocean....ok maybe 1 polyp... ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just found your thread. Your aquasacpe is great and I like the livestock additions you have made. I really like the mini nems!!! I will be tagging along as your current setup is very similar to mine (just not as well stocked :happy: ).

Archived