Pod Your Reef

30g bonsai reef

danano

Just wanted to say...WOW :)

I've been watching the progression of your tanks (from 10 gallon to 30) and seriously, I continue to be amazed. I'm modeling a new 10 gallon system after your previous tank. Thanks for all the great posts about it!

Is there any way you could take some pics upclose of your fish? I think that's the only thing I haven't seen yet. ;)

-Dan

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Capture, Dan, J-Bass... thanks B)

Skeletor... flow rate for the tank is 1130gph. That's a turnover of almost 38x. Thru the fuge, flow rate is about 630gph. --- Sailfin is great for algae control... besides LR, it grazes the sand/gravel as well which the bicolor blenny doesn't. I also have an emerald crab and an assortment of snails (astrea, nassarius, bumble bee, etc.). --- ghetto nano? LOL... that's 100 hours of community service if you're caught with one :D --- in a year, perhaps another 30g connected to the same sump.:P

J-Bass, the adorable purple tang succumbed to ick:( The sailfin is a much hardier tang... no ick problems and eats well.

Dan, thanks again and do keep us posted on your 10g. I'll post a few pics of fish after this. Some of them are pretty illusive but I managed to take one of the orchid and another of the sailfin w/ cleaner shrimp.

Here's a pic of the tank and sump w/ a recent addition, an AquaC Urchin.

Archived