Pod Your Reef

30g bonsai reef

danano

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll post details/specs and pics of my reef setup later once I get some pics taken.

In the meantime, key features of my setup include a 12g sump/fuge, ATI T5 + PL lights, Teco TW4 chiller, 2x Eheim 1250 pumps, 3 small 100 - 150gph PHs and a basic skimmer (I plan to upgrade to an AquaC Urchin).

It's currently a mixed reef with predominantly hard corals (i.e. sps :D) I have a few clams and fish as well. There's a pair of Red Sea orchid dottybacks, a powder blue tang, a true percula, a cardinal and a tricolor wrasse.

Ahhhh so THAT'S what you've been doing. Dammit you continue to inspire me. I love the looks of that tank and can't wait for specs. Make sure and post what brand and size in dimensions of that tank itself. I love the shape/design.

POST PICS! POST PICS! POST PICS!

*The crowd goes wild*

:):D:)

Originally posted by reefan

LOL Thats what I was thinking.

I bet he has another home for him lined up though.

JJ

Yup, that's the plan... to transfer it to a fellow reefer's 100g. :blush: It's now a small 2.5", eats well and grazes throughout the day. :P

Thanks all!

Jeff, it's a custom made tank using 6mm thick glass. Dimensions are 24"L x 18"W x 18"H. I also had my sump/fuge custom made and it sits beside the main tank. Sump dimensions are 20"x14"x12".

For the overflow, I am using DIY hang-on internal and external overflow boxes. Here's a pic of what it looks like. I ended up using just the external box (bottom pic). I'm using a black acrylic one for the internal overflow... notice the black background at the top-left-rear of the tank... that's it.

Yeah, your tanks are my runaway favorites. Solid.

Glad to see someone else has a pajama cardinal. Mine's in a 6 gal, soon to move to a (hopefully) bonsaiish 10 gal. Seriously, your tanks are so inspirational. Makes me wanna save lives or something.

Originally posted by Phish

Are the Clams doing OK with the 96w PC? I want a clam or two for my 10g and have the same light so I just wanted to know.

The clams are doing great with 165w (3x55W) PC. They are all no more than 12 inches from the light source. I am referring to the clams in my 10g nano.

Archived