Top Shelf Aquatics

Akabryanhall's 29G BC Softy/LPS

akabryanhall

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
akabryanhall

Thanks weeber! it actually has a pc mod that doubles the number of lights, but atm I am only running 1 Actinic and one 50/50 to help with my algae outbreak. I am doing aggressive water changes and my nutrients seem to be coming down. Also ordered a tuxedo urchin. Should motivate me to glue my corals down,

Thanks weeber! it actually has a pc mod that doubles the number of lights, but atm I am only running 1 Actinic and one 50/50 to help with my algae outbreak. I am doing aggressive water changes and my nutrients seem to be coming down. Also ordered a tuxedo urchin. Should motivate me to glue my corals down,

good idea. -_-

akabryanhall

Oh and I'm getting one more fish, another try at a tiger jawfish, only doing one fish this time...lesson learned.

Hey weeber, can you link me to your thread, want to check out your tank

Oh and I'm getting one more fish, another try at a tiger jawfish, only doing one fish this time...lesson learned.

Hey weeber, can you link me to your thread, want to check out your tank

srry bro im still collecting pics for my thread im probaly gonna start it tomarrow ill tell u then but it is no where near as good as ur because mine is a none modded 12g AP and i dont have a lot of rare corals yet.

akabryanhall

So I have been glueing animals to rocks like crazy over the last few days. I have given up my attempt at the j'field zoa garden, if you can't beat them...do something else. They will look much better filling up the space on my rock Faaayce

akabryanhall

Thought I would do some before and after shots

My Candy Strip Trachy

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

Pink Acans

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

Fatty Duncans

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

Cotton Candy Chalice

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

akabryanhall

The new additions!

IMG_2212.jpg

I got him at the same time as him

IMG_2213.jpg

Notice how hes not in the barnacle...Here they are acclimating

IMG_2205.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

akabryanhall

Thanks for the replies guys. I will keep you updated as to the progress. Right now my record with shipped fish sucks face

akabryanhall

Made another attempt at getting the jawfish in his barnacle pvc house. The first time I used a tupperware flipped upside down over it with jawfish inside. Didn't take. Next I tried a gallon zip lock bag with corner cut off then placed around the edges of the barnacle, he will not go in, I think the hole is too small.

akabryanhall

Oscar the grouch seems to have settled in, he hasn't massacred the sand bed like the first jawfish. The Most Interesting Urchin in the World is doing good, always on algae missions. Haven't seen him go through any of the thick stuff yet.

akabryanhall

Got a new Orange Mushroom, pretty rare I think, looks cool so far

Regular

IMG_2218.jpg

Flash

IMG_2219.jpg

The most Interesting Urchin in the World

IMG_2220.jpg

Finally got my Prism Chalice mounted so I can see it..Behold

IMG_2230.jpg

Duncan

IMG_2236.jpg

Cotton Candy

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

akabryanhall

So my offensive is underway, on top of the urchin, I have purchased 3 atlantic turbos which are huge and 3 more red leg hermits. I have stuffed a ball of chaeto in the center chamber with a underwater light that i will leave on at all times. This hopefully will use up necessary nutrients for the algae. Next I had planned on dosing a vodka, suger and vinegar mixture to help reduce my phosphates and nitrates, but...I just checked my parameters and,

Phosphate-0

Nitrite-0

ammonia-0

Nitrates-2.5

PH-7.8

So I guess the algae is using up all of the nutrients making the excess undetectable?? so how can I accurately dose vodka etc?

My next plan of action was to use epsom salt to raise the magnesium to 1500-1600, but just realized both of my test kits have ommited magnesium from their repetoire. So now i need to go out and spend another $25-30 bucks on a magnesium test kit... :rant:

My fukin jawfish still won't eat, :slap: so it's on its way out, I've tried Blue Zoo, (figured since that where it came from..), Rods food, arctic pods, cyclopeez, going broke just trying to find something it will like.

Finally got my trachy to eat something without my clown stealing it so thats a plus.

The tank is looking great man. I'm enjoying following it along. How are you liking the Tuxedo? I've been really considering getting one.

I feel ya' on the test kits. Something tells me 4 ounces of test liquid and a color card might not be worth $30

Archived