ReefCleaners.org

Akabryanhall's 29G BC Softy/LPS

akabryanhall

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
akabryanhall

Lol I suck at life, I want to wait till I upgrade my tank, Probably won't do the pyramid, but I have a few things in mind...think starship enterprise, except not a starship and not really enterprising. :P

akabryanhall

Thank you m'akoy, coming from someone who has one of the nicest coral collections on here, that means a lot!

akabryanhall

So my wife and I got an anniversary coral. Lol we are naming this one #4. I have gone onto coralpedia to try to name it, JAH's Green Lagoon. JAH are her initials. Not gonna be too bummed if it doesn't work out. The coral naming not the marriage, I would be bummed if the marriage didn't work out. lol

Flash

IMG_1969.jpg

Flash2

IMG_1966.jpg

50/50

IMG_1961.jpg

Actinic, my favorite!

IMG_1960.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
akabryanhall

So I'm done with the move, here are some pics of the new setup. Fingers crossed.

FTS

IMG_2011.jpg

FTS

IMG_2008.jpg

Got room down the side

IMG_2014.jpg

Got a midas blenny and jawfish coming on thursday, this is the jawfish home, attached to a 1" pvc tunnel under the sand.

IMG_2012.jpg

akabryanhall

So here are some updated pics of my tank aquascaping and decorating.

The left side

IMG_2040.jpg

The right side

IMG_2044.jpg

Down the middle

IMG_2041.jpg

Brain and cotton candy

IMG_2042.jpg

Brain and zoas

IMG_2043.jpg

Zoas

IMG_2045.jpg

I think I have a hitchhiker majano look right to left of the coral..

IMG_2047.jpg

FTS

IMG_2037.jpg

akabryanhall

After doing quite a bit of research, some of it in the last couple of days, I have received two new fish, a Golden Midas Blenny and a Tiger Jawfish. Will post pics soon i hope

• 2 weeks later...
akabryanhall

Well, I am ashamed to say it, and since this is a log of my tank it should be included.. both of my fish have died. My jawfish found the gap in the back of the bc hood and landed in the filter gaurd area. Must have done it over the night as I found him in the morning. The midas blenny was eating, but I guess not eating enough. I found him one morning behind the rocks. I think I was doing everything right, I should have had the back gap covered.

TBH, I was shocked at the size of the specimen Blue Zoo sent me. It had to be one of the larger Midas Blennys. 5.5-6 "It was too big for my tank. Anyway, I think they are gonna credit me for the blenny which is cool of them. I am going to get another jawfish (lesson learned, I have ordered a fish guard from mediabaskets.com), and maybe a filamented flasher wrasse.

• 2 weeks later...
akabryanhall

So my algae problem is getting a bit outta control. Thinking about trying to raise my magnesium to 1400 I think. Need to do a bit more research obviously. Dosing epsom salts is about as far as I've got.

akabryanhall

Thank you for the compliment! now I just need to get better at taking pictures, I have a dslr, I just suck at things :unsure:

nanoreef11
So my algae problem is getting a bit outta control. Thinking about trying to raise my magnesium to 1400 I think. Need to do a bit more research obviously. Dosing epsom salts is about as far as I've got.

Tank looks good. Have you tested phosphates by chance for the algae problem? Just a suggestion.

Good luck?

Jon

akabryanhall

I have not recently,

I cannot find my test kits since the move, I am going to lfs tomorrow to reup. Thanks for the compliment btw!

akabryanhall
Dude, loving the frags everywhere!

Lol Thanks man its kinda a mess atm but hopefully everything grows in nicely

akabryanhall
wow,you're catching up with me.tank is looking good!

Thanks makoy! Let me know if there is anything you want to trade for. :D I can think of like 50 things in your tank lol

Archived