SaltCritters.com

Alicia's RSM

Alicia

:blush::flower: Thanks Bruce!

I will update with new pics soon. One of my lights just went out this weekend and I should be getting replacements Tuesday...along with my StevieT stuff and adding my Tunze...AND doing a good cleaning...so after all that...I will post some new pics! :D

P.S.- The pic in your sig looks amazing...gotta check yours out! ;)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry it has taken me sooo long to do this...but here ya go...for my buddehs! Hope you like! :blush:

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

Morrre! :blink:

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

INTANK!!! Working beautifully! Thanks Mr. T! Love it!

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

...anddd...the big surprise! :wub::D

My beauty!

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

I don't remember the exact date I got him...but it's probably been close to 2 months and he is doing great! I did the breeder net training for about a week and a half-two weeks, starting with live brine and weaning to Rod's frozen (soaked in Selcon) and I have been lucky enough that he is actually eating Hikari Marine-S pellets (I turn my PHs off and put some pellets in the bottom corner of the tank and he eats). I am going to try to video it sometime soon to post too...and no, he doesn't spit the pellets out. It's pretty funny to watch him eating with all my hermits crabs gathered around him feasting away... :D I also still feed live brine maybe once a week for a treat as he and my other fish just gorge themselves!

Looks great! I am liking your livestock set up, kinda what I would like to do for mine. What are your current inhabitants? And you and StevieT are making me think about getting a mandarin when the time is right. Beautiful!

Needreefunds

:o

13.gif

Sweet Alicia!

Geez, Mr. T really pimped yur rack! :P

(He always shmoozes da ladies) :lol:

Looks great Alicia. Best of luck with mandy. ;)

Hehehe...thanks Richie! :flower: Yep...Mr. T even made the dots of the i's in my name little clownfishes! Haha! I love it! The Tunze is really pulling the junk...kicking the stock skimmers butt...just like everyone said it would. I liked your pics of your clowns lovin' on your toadstool...I am thinking about getting one of my own! I have frogspawn and torch and they don't really pay much attention to either. I'd like to find something to put in their spot that they might host. Right now they hang out around one of my mushie rocks...at least it's not my mag-float I guess! :rolleyes:

Thanks Mono! :happy: I never really planned to go this "all out" with a reef tank...really. I mean there are TONS on here that are a million times nicer than mine...but I mean, when I first started...I wasn't really planning on keeping many corals, if any. Then I got bit by the reef bug and it was all downhill from there...haha. Anyway...my "tenants"...pair of ocellaris, YCG, mandy, coral banded shrimp, cleaner shrimp and assorted hermits and snails! I had pondered added one more small fish...but decided things are going well and the bioload is probably balanced...so I will probably just keep what I have. Plus, keeping my mandy happy is my main priority right now. Goodluck with your tank and I will be checking out your thread! ;)

:lol: that rack and cup look great. A member here made me a font that every time I type an "i" it changes the dot to a clown fish logo. Call it clown eyes!

Great shots of the mandarin, wish mine would pose like that. He is looking very healthy.

Thanks Stevie :flower: I love my rack...err, uh...that kinda sounded weird huh? My MEDIA rack! Haha...seriously though, it makes things so much easier and I only wish I'd broke down sooner and got it! Thanks again for the attention to detail...the clown eyes crack me up! :D

I definitely did my research before I took the plunge, but I think I just got really lucky with this mandy...he's pretty social and eats really well. I was pretty nervous about it at first and really fattened him up on live brine for 2 weeks (fed LOTS everyday) so we'd be off to a good start. I caught those shots of him when I turned the PHs off to feed him Hikari pellets this afternoon. They are just fascinating to watch...by far my favorite thing in my tank. He roams around like a humming bird... :happydance:

Hehe...thanks Kim! :flower:

BTW, I changed out all my filters and RO membrane in my Mighty Mite today and am back to 0ppm. I changed the membrane too because hubby was doing laundry a couple weeks ago and we had a little "hot water mishap" and I was afraid it fried the membrane. :slap: Haha...so I just thought, while I'm changing things out...better safe than sorry. Now we will both be more careful when the unit is running! My algae is definitely decreasing...I am thinking alot of it was my lights needing replaced!

Ok...I think I am off to be a couch potato now...tirrred. Ran 14 miles yesterday! :huh:

Haha...no, training for one though. 13.1 woulda been a half marathon though...full marathon is 26.2 and the one we are training for is an ultra at 50 miles. I think I need psychological help. :wacko:

Yay!!! omgomgomg I need a girl running partner! Haha! Get your butt up here and come with me!!! :lol: Man oh man...I moan and groan about the humidity here...but I can only imagine what it's like for you??? Drink lotsa fluids. I was stupid yesterday and didn't drink enough and then didn't pee for like 4 hours...not good. Haha...sorry...TMI... :eek:

Needreefunds
Go ahead girl! I just started running again in the last few weeks. :wacko:

Hey! Me too!!

Just ran for a six pack not long ago. :happy:

• 2 months later...

So it's a sad day. :tears: I wanted to report that I somehow lost my prized Mandarin. I have no idea what happened as he was fat and eating pellets every other day. Everything seemed fine. No problems within tank. Only thing I can come to is that someTHING ate him. A few days after we got back from a short vacation I didn't see him for a day and that continued for another few days before I accepted he was gone. I never found any remains. I have a YWG that has been in my tank practically since I set it up and he is fine. So who knows...

Tank is doing well other than that. I haven't posted in a while because I've been so busy with work and training for a marathon in November...which actually, I am here now because I can't run! A week ago I tore a small ligament in my knee and have to rest for at least another few days before I try again. Blah! <_<

Anyway, as much as I loved my Mandy...I am not sure I will add another. It took a lot of patience to train him to eat pellets and unfortunately, I just don't have that much time right now. Before I chose the mandarin I also contemplated a Cherub Angel for a while...as they are supposed to be the least likely to nip. So I may give it a try.

I will post new pics soon. Hope everything is well with everyone else!

Omigosh, sorry about the mandy. :tears:

Same thing happened to mine, she just disappeared.

And sucks about the torn ligament. I tore one in my leg once and had to wear a brace for over a month. -_-

:flower:

Archived