inTank Media Baskets

Alicia's RSM

Alicia

Aww, that really is ridiculous. :(

Blah...yeah, sorry for the chapter book...but you really can't sum the "ridiculousness" up! <_<

Things still may work out...I am just not very patient.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am pretty set on Sea Life for the rock as my LFS is not so great and I want some rock that's full of life.

Soooo...thanks to anyone who read that whole mess. Thanks for letting me vent. Will keep you posted! :unsure:

Sorry for all the stress your going through but once you get in your new home, your new tank will provide more than enough stress-relief and enjoyment! Oh and you will be EXTREMELY happy with Sea Life Inc. rock, there simply aren't words to describe how awesome it is.

Thanks everyone...we just put our new offer in today. Deadline for them is October 31st! Halloween! :wacko: So we should be finding out very soon if we are going to be moving OR not! If this house deal totally falls through...we may be here in our apartment for longer than we anticipated...so like I said...either way, the RSM is getting set up before winter!

:D Will keep ya posted!

Darn right! <_<

Might I add...since I got the Mighty Mite RO/DI and have been using my own water my trates have gone from 15-20ish (max) to 0-5 at the most! :lol: Yay!

Nope...nothin' new really. The red zoas are doing great though! They are by far my favorite so far! I still have the torch frag (doing ok...but you can tell it wants more light), I have the green/purple ric...which is small, but looks like it's trying to split anyway...a purple shroom and some light purple and green zoas....oh, and a few dark colored palys...no new livestock. Wish I could...but I am holding off so I have less to transfer.

How 'bout you Kim? Anything new and exciting?

Lol, sounds like a few new pieces in your tank! :D

Nah, I haven't added anything new in a long while. Don't tell anybody, but I'm thinking about setting up a 5.5gal coldwater tank..... shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hahaha...thanks Kim, but unfortunately-I can't take the credit...I wish! :blush: The jewelry is made by the company, "Silpada Designs" and I am an independent representative (aside from nursing), people can place individual orders through me, or even book their own parties. It really is great stuff...very unique and nice quality (has a lifetime guarantee). I just figured I'd add it to my sig in case anyone was interested in something for themselves, or a gift for the holidays for someone special, etc. You can just click the link and see the entire collection. :happy:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

:happy::blush: Hehe...thanks Lizzie!

Yes...my RSM is finally set up...water, sand (40lbs. Arag-Alive Fiji Pink) & rocks (20lbs. Sea Life & 20lbs. base I had from my other little tank). My scaping is done (only took me 2 tries and about 6 hours to get right!) But anyway, yes...I am a bad person, haha...I need to get pictures! Cycle is progressing more quickly than I expected though and I already have a diatom bloom and I noticed some green hair algae starting this morning. So it's not too pretty! :huh: I'll be adding my CUC soon though...so I am sure they will be happy to do their work. My frags and other livestock as also still in my other little tank until my RSM is fully cycled in another few weeks.

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!! Will post pics soon! :lol:

Hey All!

Just a quick update. On day 13 of cycle and it really hasn't been much of one. Like I said earlier, I used 40lbs. Arag-Alive sand, 20lbs. cured LR and 20lbs. uncured. Ammonia spiked to only around 1.5 or so in the first week and now I am getting consistent readings of 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrites and maybe 5 Nitrates...the color was a little difficult to tell for sure.

However! For the past 4 days or so I have been dealing with a GHA bloom! <_< I know this is a normal part of the cycle too and should go away on it's own...but I had to manually scrub most of it away tonite...it was driving me crazy! I got it off the glass...but it's still on my rocks. I have some Astrea snails and blue legged hermits. I also have some red legged hermits in there now, but they are actually getting swapped for more blues on Wednesday at my LFS because I found them to be getting too big and bulldozing my frags! :eek: I thought about getting a couple emerald crabs, but I don't want them to destroy ALL my macro algae growth from my rocks... Sooo...I guess I just need to be patient.

Still just running filter floss and changing it out every couple days. No skimmer yet...should I start it?

My Chemi-Pure and Purigen should be here at the end of the week or so...and when I get them, I plan to do my first water change and get them in there...hopefully that will help with the darn GHA. BTW, I used 100% RO/DI water, reduced my lights and the tank is not getting direct sunlight. Not sure what my phosphates are...will test that tomorrow too.

I am hoping to add the one clownfish I have around week 4, pending cycle...then my coral banded shrimp a few days later and then my corals around week 5ish. The lights in my little tank with my frags now stinks and so I want to get them to a better light ASAP without being detrimental of course... :rolleyes:

Let me know what you guys think...and thanks everyone!

Ok...I promise pictures by this weekend! I was going to a few days ago but the GHA is hideous! :blush::blush::blush:

Scrubbed away more of the GHA tonite with a toothbrush...most of it anyway...

Ammonia 0, Nitrites 0, Nitrates 0 and Phosphates ZERO!!! :huh:

How in the heck do I have all this stinkin' hair algae? <_< Blah...hopefully it will get zapped soon.

Yeah...sucks bigtime! Hopefully it's just part of my cycle and isn't an indication of a future, continuous battle...I will go crazzzzy! I may have to invest in some scuba gear and a power brush!

I have been reading a lot and am probably thinking way too far into this as my tank is only going on 3 weeks old...but I did read that you can test 0 Nitrates and Phosphates even if you have a lot of GHA using up those nutrients...seems a little strange, but possible I guess. I'll keep testing before I add any livestock in the next week or so...but I keep getting 0's... :unsure::wacko::blink:

Archived