Pod Your Reef

Alicia's RSM

Alicia

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hehehe...thanks for thinking of me Stevie, I wish I could take you up on that offer! But I need to save a little right now. I just placed an order for supplies and bought some more CUC members today and will be getting a couple new fish in the coming weeks and maybe another frag or two. :rolleyes:

Tank is still doing well! (Knock on wood!) :D I am trying to take things very slow and it seems to be paying off. Came home today to a pleasant surprise of POD infestation!!! Haha! Yay! Goby food! :happydance: There are a bazillion baby pods all over my back wall. The GHA also seems to be dying off a bit in some areas...sort of like bleaching out and shriveling up. However...I did break down and go ahead and get an Emerald Crab today and he went to town mowing down some of it immediately...he's an interesting little beastie!

I still have a few more pieces of cured LR that go in and all my frags...but I may post pics tonite or tomorrow of how things are so far!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

PICS! omgomgomgfingerscrossed:scarry:

Hope you guys like! Sorry for the quality...but I am just using my Canon digital.

FTS with custom built stand (by my magic Dad!) based on Lalani's idea...I don't have the ottomans for under each side yet...but they are soon to come as soon as I find the right ones.

rsmstandtp3.th.jpg

Scape...there are lots of crevices and caves. Again...scuze the GHA!

scapewq6.th.jpg

Emerald Crab! :eek:

emeraldcrabke4.th.jpg

Frags in other tank...dying to move across the street into the new RSM! :happydance:

fragsku1.th.jpg

omgomgomg So last night I was sitting in the living room where my tank is with the TV volume on low, using the laptop and what do I hear?

SNAP! POP! CRACK! Coming from my tank!!!! Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would hear about 3-4 cracks at a time and I heard it about 4-5 times. Of course I grabbed a flashlight and sat there for like an hour to see if I saw anything and nothing appeared. I didn't hear the sound anymore when I was looking. As far as I can tell, no CUC is missing. I'd better not have a Mantis! I HATE those things!!!!!!!!!!!! :tears::scarry: They seriously give me nightmares! EWWW! I am going to keep a close eye and may go ahead and get a trap just as a precaution if I hear it again. If it's a pistol, I can deal with that...I want to get a Goby anyway.

*I know it wasn't shells hitting the glass because all my hermits are tiny and my snails were not active. I have heard of heaters making sounds like that but I haven't heard it anymore...same goes for the possibility of it being the fan. Will keep you updated.

ANY ADVICE???!!! :ninja::rant::tears::scarry:

If you are in need and have the funds, I have a two month old Tunze 9002. Could sell with the media rack and cup if you want.

haha sorry for the jack Alicia, sounds like your tank is coming along great

pm me Stevie B)

Ok, so...we get up this morning and the trap is empty. I still heard clicking last night and even after looking for hours with a red light...I did not see anything unusual. I am starting to think it's more likely just a pistol shrimp as all of my CUC are accounted for. Will keep a lookout though and keep my trap handy just in case.

Would be cool if it was a pistol because I am definitely getting a YWG soon. :rolleyes:

My old tank is no more! Transferred all my frags and clownfish and CBS. Only bad thing to happen so far is that my CBS lost both his claws. I am not sure if they got caught in the net when I was transferring him or if he cast them off himself...anyway, he's totally fine...it's happened before and they are already growing back today! It's absolutely amazing how quickly they can regenerate! Also...new addition! A YWG! :wub: I got him Friday...when I got him home he really looked bad, his color was quite gray but he is perked up...yellow and even eating Marine S pellets! He's swimming all over exploring and already has a few burrows...I don't think he's decided on his "home" yet though...just so many choices! :happy: Anyway, here are my pics...quality is blah, but it's the best I can do with my camera... P.S.- GHA is starting to subside!

img0840wl7.th.jpg

img0841mq7.th.jpg

img0843ub5.th.jpg

img0846kp3.th.jpg

img0848mp6.th.jpg

img0850uv5.th.jpg

img0851js4.th.jpg

img0853wh7.th.jpg

img0856bq3.th.jpg

img0857hv3.th.jpg

img0839ns1.th.jpg

Yep...I loooovvve them! :D Thanks again!!! Hopefully they will start growing better under better lighting and I am using CoralAccel and deciding on another "food" supplement to use sparingly...do you use anything like that, Kim?

Looks great Alicia!

So this tank is all Kim's fault too? Yup, yup, happens all the time 'round here!

:lol:

Where would we all be without our Lanlan?

Stand came out awesome. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

Well... NEW addition!!! :wub::happydance: ...got my new little clown tonight! I am starting to make friends with the owner of my LFS...who I've come to find out, knows his stuff and is a good guy...would be great if it rubbed off on all the kids that work there (some of them don't have a clue)... ANYWAY! It was great! I had planned to get there right when the shipment came in and I got first dibs! He didn't even come out of the bag and I took him straight home, dripped him and now he's ALREADY paired up with my other clown!!! :lol: At first, he was pretty nervous and was almost laying on the bottom...but she came over and swam right next to him and within a few minutes he was following her around!

More good news...my YWG is eating Hikari S pellets like a piglet...frogspawn is looking much better and zoas are already spreading...and a ric is splitting! Yay! Oh and my Emerald Crab molted and is now MUCH bigger and eating the crap out of any remaining GHA. BTW...I also got some new zoas last weekend...Whammin' Watermelons, Gorilla Nipples (hehe...I think anyway) and some other different crazy neons...I am not even sure of their names, but they are beauties!

Will post pics of the new additions this weekend!! Everybody have a great Friday!

Thanks Richie! :blush:

BTW...I am still on the lookout for "sales" for you... Shhh... :ninja:

Wha?? for me?? :huh:

:P ...well, my order is still in "processing" mode. :angry:

I hope to get a delivery date any day now.

I have some of the items we spoke about as well. OH welz, as reefers we all know having patience is key!

Thanks for keeping an eye out!

oh yea....

:ninja:

Archived