Pod Your Reef

NRF's Simple Wonders 5.5

Needreefunds

Needreefunds
probably already got the ID - looks like a limpet (hope i spelled that right!)

Still loving this tank!!!

:)

B

Me too, thanks latteslave!

Wow! That pencil is getting big!

:o inoright? :o

munches darn near every bit-o-purple in there :P

Quick update-

The Caulerpa Verticillata took over the rock on the left side once again. Totally covering the rock to the point that the nems appeared to be floating on top of it. Then, as it had before, it all lightened, turned white and was gone in a matter of a day or two. Strange to see that much macro vanish that quickly.

Tank is otherwise happy looking. Sorry no new pichers ( I know how you love that :D )

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds

And then there were three...

001-26.jpg

009-28.jpg

Actually there are five in here that I am sure about. The baby one that went missing early on is still MIA. If it did survive, who knows how many are hiding from my lens. :happy:

Needreefunds
Looks great! I love the mini's!

Thanks cbort!

Cool pic in your sig, wow , are those tanks plumbed together? :huh:

I gotta go check yur thread (s)!

:P

Aww, nice to see you taking such good care of my Babies. :happy:

I am trying M'lady -_-

:)

I love the purple on those minis :wub: FTS prz :P

I will try M'lady. :lol:

Thanks M, me too!

Needreefunds

039-9.jpg

042-8.jpg

Sorry about the dirty glass, best I could do on short notice :happy:

It really is a fun tank to run. I can change the whole "look" by simply cutting back one macro while allowing another to grow out.

I know the heater is hideous, but the high dollar titanium one didn't even last 10 months <_<

Needreefunds
wow lotta colorz! very nice and very unique looking :D

Color thanks to Sealife live rock. :P

( and mini-nems lol )

Thanks for the kind words.

I want a mini too lol those are really nice looking.

So your rock is from sealife? I was wondering where you got all of those really cool macro algaes.

Needreefunds
I want a mini too lol those are really nice looking.

So your rock is from sealife? I was wondering where you got all of those really cool macro algaes.

Everyone wants the minis :P

I am still hunting for other colors myself- the hunt continues. :(

Yessir, Sealife live rock is loaded with hitchhikers- coral, crabs, shrimp, worms and macros galore.

Some folks love it for this, and some dislike it for the very same reason.

Ya I have seen people with some bad luck. Personally I am a fan of all hitchhikers but thats just me. Except aiptasia. I assume you have contacted eric the reefer about mini/maxi nems?

Needreefunds
Ya I have seen people with some bad luck. Personally I am a fan of all hitchhikers but thats just me. Except aiptasia. I assume you have contacted eric the reefer about mini/maxi nems?

Sealife rock was the perfect choice for my contest tank idea methinks. Not sure I would do another- larger tank with it though.

Funny thing about eric. I was going to try to pry one away from him, but then I read he was getting out for awhile. Incredible stuff he has / had. Adin as well. Some day the opportunity will come to snag some. Patience is key. :P

Needreefunds
NDF, I just have to ask where you got your avy, it's hilarious.Also, tank's looking beasty.

:lol:

Thanks!

My much better half called me into the computer room one day like "hey babe, check out this pic" after giggling for a minute, I had to have it.

No way I can change it now as everyone seems to get a chuckle from it.

:happy:

Cool, well when you have some extra nems after you hook david up let me know :P

Well, there is a list....but I'll letcha know :P

Keep your fingers crossed for faster splitting :D

• 4 weeks later...
Needreefunds
I have a foxface who would eat until he passed out in there....beautiful tank....I love the nems....

:lol:

A little too late for foxy Mitch, I tossed in a Mexican Turbo a couple weeks ago and it CLEANED HOUSE. :(

I took a chance to see if it could clear some of the funk, yet leave me some to grow back out. We shall see, but it may have been a mistake. :mellow:

I can definitely see the appeal of a display 'fuge since I started this tank and would love to try this on a larger scale.

It should be fun watching it all grow back in tho :happy:

Deleted User 6

Updates since what has become known as the "turbo incident"?

Also, I'm starting to get some great blue tips on that brown algae that takes over the whole tank. Did you find anything that eats it?

Archived