ReefCleaners.org

The Officially Unofficial Tank Contest

Weetabix7

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm i already have a 5.5 gallon tank with overflow with a free mag 3 a 70watt viper i got for $90 pre-cycled rock and already prop'd frags but i dont think i will throw my hat in having all the stuff takes the fun out of it. good luck to every one else though

Guest theoldman

I think that this is a great idea!

I for one can't wait to see all those 10 gallon setups.

I look forward to the inspiration since I'm in the process of doing my own 10 gallon.

Gotta find a damn light...that is where the killer is :D hahahahahahahahahaha :D

I'm keeping an eye for light fixtures for people for this contest.

I posted earlier today about a fixture that Naturalreef has F/S or F/T in the Hardware Classified Forum.

Kmitch, that's a tough one on the skimmer, but I'm thinking about it. Is it comparable to any other skimmers?

I posted earlier today about a fixture that Naturalreef has F/S or F/T in the Hardware Classified Forum.

Kmitch, that's a tough one on the skimmer, but I'm thinking about it. Is it comparable to any other skimmers?

Thanks...All of Manhattan doesn't have a 20" fixture right now :D :D I am shocked!!!!!!!

-David

Not really, Theres nothing on the market it compares to, hence the question. I'd price it at like $40 bc its not the best skimmer out there but don't want to cheat out the greater N-R

O_O

You have a wife and girlfriend?

after 6 years there isnt much difference... anyway in a few weeks we'll be engaged... i cant do anything without her knowing im up to something... fricken women (present company excluded of course :D )

after 6 years there isnt much difference... anyway in a few weeks we'll be engaged... i cant do anything without her knowing im up to something... fricken women (present company excluded of course :D )

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

I blatantly told my g/f, honey i am setting up 10G tank again...you can design it :D hahahahahahaha...guaranteed me a "yes sweetheart" :D

-David

weetie what are you looking for i got some fixtures laying around that i could part with

I want in on the 5.5g depending on.......

I have a hood from a biocube 14 that I will have to steal the lighting from. How much should I deduct from the $250 total? Let me know and I will give you an answer for sure.

Thanks and looking forward to the contest!!!

weetie what are you looking for i got some fixtures laying around that i could part with

I'm actually fine for lighting, it's other contestants that might need help.

I'm trying to keep an eye out for stuff for other people.

Hear that guys?? PM scottyreef, he might have somethin'!

I want in on the 5.5g depending on.......

I have a hood from a biocube 14 that I will have to steal the lighting from. How much should I deduct from the $250 total? Let me know and I will give you an answer for sure.

Thanks and looking forward to the contest!!!

I would say either go look at nanotuners to see what they sell that for and deduct 25% from their price since it's used

OR

Go somewhere that sells retro's of the same thing you would be using, like maybe ReefGeek or Hellolights and use their price minus 25%.

LMK if that doesn't help.

I'm actually fine for lighting, it's other contestants that might need help.

I'm trying to keep an eye out for stuff for other people.

Hear that guys?? PM scottyreef, he might have somethin'!

ssshhh Weetie!! Don't tell people that!! :P

Not really, Theres nothing on the market it compares to, hence the question. I'd price it at like $40 bc its not the best skimmer out there but don't want to cheat out the greater N-R

That's funny, you told me it was a pretty decent skimmer when I was thinking about getting a Solana!!!

Guess it all depends on perspective, huh? ;)

I'm thinking about it...

See the note from Weetie previously, if you only have live rock and sand in the tank right now and its still cycling then you can join, otherwise no. This is designed to be a new tank build.

Yes your lighting might well take up some of your budget depending what you use, so budget wisely!

Or get creative, use sunlight or build a tank that doesnt require alot of lighting (like a seahorse tank) etc...

damn i'm so close... i only have 3 corals. the tank's been rather neglected, so i was going to give it a facelift. oh well, i'll just do it in my own time (and budget, since i get equipment and livestock at cost and can get a lot more bang for my $250) and perhaps not be too lazy to post a thread about it.

I dont know what the ballist are but the biocube 14g comes with 2 x 24W pc's and this is a retro for 2 x 24W pc's so I will use that price

$37.47

Sounds good to me.

Archived