Cultivated Reef

Coopers JBJ 28 Gallon HQI Has started

DrCooper

Hello - First of all, the tank looks great.

I came across a post of yours that indicated you were planning to put a fuge in your filter compartment but I didn't see it in the post itself. Did you actually do this? If so, how so? I am planning to do this too on my new tank and would appreciate any tips or info you may have.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=213079

So I did convert the back and it is doing great. I can try and take pics but send me a pm and i can explain how I did it. Basically, i broke out the plastic on the two sides of the middle compartment a few inches. Cleaned out the area first then placed a nice amount of live sand, rubble then algae. I have a light hanging above.

I will take pics to show you but I took off a few inches on each side to increase the flow. the only problem is you will notice at the bottom of the compartment its open meaning all 3 back compartments flow into one another on the bottom. What I did is put egg crate on each side to hold in the sand (obviously some flows out but not as much as you would think).

Best luck and keep me posted

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude...this thread is hurting for pics. Seriously.

hahaha OK, i will add some Monday cause working till then.

I also realized I had Majano anemones in my 9 gallon so got rid of them last night when I came home. Good times!

Deleted User 6

lol...awesome. I've been killing flatworms, red bugs, and out of control algae for the past month. Judgment day was this week and last night I finally got everything put back in my tank.

hey - if you put a mantis in that 6g, are you getting rid of that candy stripe pistol?

• 1 month later...

Mandarin lasted a few months, was eating brine and mysis then suddenly got sick and boom.

I take some pics tomorrow after water change.

• 1 month later...

I just realized never loaded new tank pics. I am going to be taking some pics of my skimmer and fuge since some people asked to see it.

Also, just got an MP10 and I havent been home during the day so only see it at night (night mode) but its a very well built piece of equipment so cant wait.

Saltwatercritters.com = amazing service if anyone is in the market

So few junky pics (best for now, will get better ones) of my 3 back chambers. The middle is a 4 inch sand bed with various algae with the light on during night time.

The right side is with chemi pure and skimmer

The left side is ATO

post-35832-1265591048_thumb.jpg

Deleted User 6

Sign up for a photobucket account (free), upload pics to there, and copy/paste the image code into the reply box.

tank's looking good though!

• 3 months later...

WORKING ON UPGRADE!

40 gallon rimless with sump and all the goodies!

Stay tuned

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade has been acomplished

40 gallon starphire glass cube

Pics and thread on its way!

Archived