Coral Vue Hydros

Coopers JBJ 28 Gallon HQI Has started

DrCooper

Thanks Dave

All my fish are FAT PIGS!

That tailspot is great! very active and always picking at rock when not watching me

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, I have many more pics and info on my tank thread at Manhattan reefs but for now i wanted to put some on here

Got my fuge in the middle chamber built, picked up my mandarin and caught gorgeous maxima ultra!

Enjoy and comments welcome

the new addition that i built fuge for

some more shots

post-35832-1232037128_thumb.jpg

post-35832-1232037475_thumb.jpg

post-35832-1232037563_thumb.jpg

cowboys2222222
No love on NR for me?

can we gets some pics of that fuge you put in the middle chamber????

EDIT: Forgot to ask------are you running the stock skimmer??? and is that a koralia 1???

I try and get some good fuge pics but my camera is acting up.

That is a Koralia 1 yes

I use a Aqua C remora and the stock skimmer

I only use both cause i have the room so figured why not.

cowboys2222222
I try and get some good fuge pics but my camera is acting up.

That is a Koralia 1 yes

I use a Aqua C remora and the stock skimmer

I only use both cause i have the room so figured why not.

I was just wondering what ur fuge set up was cuz i was thinkin about throwing one into my second chamber...

i was just wondering how you set urs up, like what lights you are using, basically step by step how you did it

no problem. It is actually very easy. I used the middle compartment because that is where the overflow is giving great flow into the fuge.

you have to place something on both sides of the bottom to keep a sand bed there, because its open on the bottom. I did this with some plastic on both sides glued onto egg crate. Put a 4 inch sand bed some rock rubble and algae. Using a light i get that clips on from Ikea!

simple stuff

cowboys2222222
no problem. It is actually very easy. I used the middle compartment because that is where the overflow is giving great flow into the fuge.

you have to place something on both sides of the bottom to keep a sand bed there, because its open on the bottom. I did this with some plastic on both sides glued onto egg crate. Put a 4 inch sand bed some rock rubble and algae. Using a light i get that clips on from Ikea!

simple stuff

seems relatively easy...i think im gonna give that try in a couple weeks.......are you running any this else like carbon, filter floss anything else like that?

...if so where are you putting all this stuff in those little chambers!!!

And what is the wattage on that light you are using??

I also run chemipure and i put that in one the side chambers below my skimmer output from the aqua c remor and my heater

I check on the light when im home tomorrow morning

cowboys2222222
I also run chemipure and i put that in one the side chambers below my skimmer output from the aqua c remor and my heater

I check on the light when im home tomorrow morning

Cool...thanks for checking on that light wattage for me...

I got two more questions..

1. is your light just clipped on to the top and shines from the top down...or is it like a bendable light that shines on the back???

2. Have you noticed any difference in your tank since putting the chaeto and the fuge into your system

Thanks for all the info and NICE TANK!!!

the light clips on a shelf i installed above the tank. The light just shines down on the fuge but i may try and bend it to shine on the back, doubt it. My tank is close to wall so kinda hard to do that and my space is limited (NYC 1 bedroom)

I have noticed a decrease in the amounts my skimmer collects which I can only attribute is a good thing.

Its fairly new and wish i had pics. The thing is my camera just stopped working. Also I work till friday am so once im up friday i take pics. till then i just work and sleep

thanks for the compliments on the tank

Sad Sad Update!

Besides having my smaller clown and Tailspot Blenny (FAVORITE) go missing over the weekend. My new clam just went Boom on me and died. I got home from my overnight shift and saw the clam wasnt looking to good. Had to go to sleep so when woke up for my night shift went and saw it open and the clam itself shrivled up. W T F F F F F

otherwise everything good, levels great and corals all happy

very sad and odd!

damn i hate when stuff dies on me!

angelacbishop

What a shame about the clam, it was really nice looking! Good luck with the mandarin...I can't even seem to keep them alive in my 60 gallon with 120 lbs of rock but I do have a lot of other pod eating fish. They sure are pretty if you can manage to keep them though.

DrCooper

I am very sorry to hear about your clam. I see you have visited my thread on Mandarines. If you are able I would try culturing brine and adding them to your tank or atleast getting some pods on culture. Mandarines are a grazing fish and eat all day long.

• 2 weeks later...
Sad Sad Update!

Besides having my smaller clown and Tailspot Blenny (FAVORITE) go missing over the weekend. My new clam just went Boom on me and died. I got home from my overnight shift and saw the clam wasnt looking to good. Had to go to sleep so when woke up for my night shift went and saw it open and the clam itself shrivled up. W T F F F F F

otherwise everything good, levels great and corals all happy

very sad and odd!

damn i hate when stuff dies on me!

Sorry about your clam. What were you feeding it, and how often?

Ok so been little more then one week and all my parameters look good. Have tons of growth on the rocks.

pH 8.0

Ammonia 0

Nitrate 0

Nitrite 0 (was 20 ppm 4 days ago)

Salinity 1.023

Temp. around 78.0

What is everyones thoughts on adding anything or waiting?

CUC? ONE SNAIL, Something ahhaaha

post-35832-1221144609_thumb.jpg

aquascape after breaking up some rock last week. Been like this all week and love it!

opinions please

what is your calcium levels? Also, for the board how do you feel about keeping it at 1.025 or 1.026 with a clam in the tank?

• 1 month later...

NEW FISH

got this great blue spot jawfish

Also made him a nice home but he is currently under my brain coral

Check out my Puffer I got on sale, great personality in this fish!

post-35832-1236876822_thumb.jpg

LoL .. awesome pics!!! But really ... watch out ... you are going to get flamed for sticking that Puffer in your nano tank ... :D

so far the puffer has not shown any aggression.

I am worried though, it has not seemed interested in eating

only time will tell!

His name is Paco

Archived