inTank Media Baskets

25 gallon shallow reef

mmike1992

Really beautiful tank mike, I love the way the one rock has a space under it and sticks out. I tried something like that but my rock is way chunkier, your version is way nice.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice tank! Did you make the LED hangon fixtures? Can you buy those? If so please post a link.

Thanks,

Bill

bill,the leds were a diy. i added them to a lumenmax reflector i am sorry to say i did nit document the build i changed the way i wanted to do it a 1000 times in a nut shell it is 12 royal blue cree leds 80 degree optics a hacked up heatsink 2 small fans a acrrylic enclosure and one led driver there is a wealth of info in the lighting section that deals with the building of these things

thanks,mike

I think I would cry tears of joy if my tank looked like this.

Absolutely amazing, I'm blown away.

thank you, mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

some updated pics also switched out tunze skimmer with a euroreef rs80 also got rid of the clown goby i did not realize how much he was making the sps retract there poylps till the fish was removed

DSC_0016-3.jpg

DSC_0029-2.jpg

DSC_0031-1.jpg

DSC_0035-1.jpg

wow, thats is just amazing, i love the frogspawn in the front and how it stands out. im guessing the clowns host it because seems like they are right in there with it.

:o

Stunning tank Mike!

B)

thanks

Breathtaking photos! What is the red coral in the rear right of the tank. Red blastos?

thanks , that coral was sold to as a micromussa i believe

wow, thats is just amazing, i love the frogspawn in the front and how it stands out. im guessing the clowns host it because seems like they are right in there with it.

thanks and yes they do host that frogspawn if you go near it they attack

Pretty awesome!

thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Still love this tank. Any chance of getting some shots from the sides and maybe a top down shot? How's the new skimmer working for you?

wowzers!

thank you very much

Nice coral colonies! The branching ones really give the illusion of a much larger tank.

yes i am very happy with the growth a 1 1/2 ago they were 1" frags

thanks

Still love this tank. Any chance of getting some shots from the sides and maybe a top down shot? How's the new skimmer working for you?

i will work on that, what is the best way to take a top down pic? sides are no problem the skimmer works fine but i do believe i could use something smaller i only run it 12 hours a day and at the end of the week i fill the cup with about one inch of skinmate i am tempted to try the nano skimmers by euroreef

thanks again,mike

i will work on that, what is the best way to take a top down pic? sides are no problem the skimmer works fine but i do believe i could use something smaller i only run it 12 hours a day and at the end of the week i fill the cup with about one inch of skinmate i am tempted to try the nano skimmers by euroreef

Generally a top down photo is done best by switching off the pumps (return pump included, but feed mode should be fine for the vortech) and letting the water settle. If you have a polarizing lens, this would be a good time to use it. I can't wait!

• 2 months later...
joel sandoman

Wow, such a sick tank. I was trying to figure out where the water went until someone pointed out that the rock wall covered the overflow.

• 2 months later...

Archived