Cultivated Reef

Gulf's little 5g shroom box!

gulfsurfer101

AcroporaLokani
Just looking back at your post that I never saw. This tank was almost nuked twice after my sisters kids dropped a bottle of tums in there also. These things were the hardest thigs to kill unlike the small fish that I had in it. I would have had lots more if I was able to locate them all on the substrate when doing emergency water changes btut I ended up blending about 7 different types of shrooms and some didn't pull through at all while others popped out like crazy inluding the purple passions that I was kinda weary about doing but since it looked it was working on my others I did it anyways and it payed off nicely. All in all I blended about 15 shrooms and got about twice that amount to that survived the nukings. It would have been much higher if I did this project without incedent.

Yikes tums in the fish tank, well at least the corals didn't have heartburn (after the four hours they take to work :lol:).

Did you blend them all together at the same time or did you blend them separately? I may have to try this when I get a new tank setup, maybe ill start a big display by blending twenty or so xenia and dropping them in the tank so they take over quicker than they would normally.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

I actually did two blendings. I didn't mangae to find many of the first ones after the first incident since all the ones on the gravel were lost but I had a few clingers on some rockwork under some mesh. I was a llot more careful at removing things the second time around and just drained the water till I could see all the frags and used mesh to place them on the rocks you see in the end. I was lucky enough to score some bright blues and purple passions for 5 bucks a single polyp from a new LFS in the area. Those wwere the most predominant ones.

Archived