Pod Your Reef

my 40 breeder...

glennr1978

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess this is kinda noteworthy......my tank has finally reached the point of supporting itself financially. I've done pretty well over the last few months selling / tading frags. So much so that my tank has paid for the PS3 that I'm getting from showjyr. I also used money from selling frags to buy my new skimmer, and the new MP20 (which will be going to showjyr).

yeah, but it took 20 months to get to the official "profit from reef tank" status

oh no, i'm far, far from actually turning a profit. i just said that it's paying for itself now. i highly doubt i will ever break even, much less turn an actual profit. maybe if i quit buying crap, but that's not likely to happen.

Better late than never.

high 5.

Guesstimate what you've got in the whole thing, corals, equipment, etc. Including everything, even stuff you don't have anymore.

including supps, equipment i've bought and then replaced, everything.........i could've bought a nice used car. or close to 6,000 cheeseburgers from the $.99 cent menu at wendys.

and a frosty or two.

it's retarded.

that's because you have TONS of pretty sps in there right now. imagine how much LESS it would be if you did softies and lps...

40+ and counting.... :D . I'll be done soon, promise.

i am going on SPS hiatus, both of my frags (digi and poci) died...

i killed many frags when i first started trying to keep sps. once you figure it out it's not that hard.

clownfish1124

my tank is in enough trouble as is. i don't need to kill more expensive corals atm, but later, i want an sps dominated (doesn't everyone, except for you because you already have one...)

I guess this is kinda noteworthy......my tank has finally reached the point of supporting itself financially. I've done pretty well over the last few months selling / tading frags. So much so that my tank has paid for the PS3 that I'm getting from showjyr. I also used money from selling frags to buy my new skimmer, and the new MP20 (which will be going to showjyr).

it's always nice to get to that point... when the tank maintenance & coral purchasing is through sales from the tank.... and it's also cool to get new toys for the tank... :)

now, the PS3 is a nice touch... I'm actually saving up for one.... we have a local swap coming up soon... wish me luck... ;)

anyway, tank is looking really nice Glen... keep up the good work... btw, I like the 14k look better... :)

it's always nice to get to that point... when the tank maintenance & coral purchasing is through sales from the tank.... and it's also cool to get new toys for the tank... :)

now, the PS3 is a nice touch... I'm actually saving up for one.... we have a local swap coming up soon... wish me luck... ;)

anyway, tank is looking really nice Glen... keep up the good work... btw, I like the 14k look better... :)

Judging by the pics of the stuff you have in your tank, raising the money for the PS3 should be easy for you.

thanks for the compliment, and I agree, the 14k is much better. when I'm done with the 10k I think I'm going to go with a 14k other than the phoenix. not sure which one yet though. or maybe go with the phoenix again, and switch out my actinics with something a little lower on the color spectrum.

Phoenix are blue for sho. To me the look a lot more blue in pics than in real life but depends on how good you are with photoshop. Marvin wants to send me Tubbs. The tank looks good both ways Glenn, I would pick the one that gives the best growth and build on that.

Archived