Top Shelf Aquatics

EnjoiFish's 10 Gallon Reef

EnjoiFish

Yea I'm pretty pissed about it. I've wanted a shrimp/goby pair for a while now, but it's not like I can just give up the blenny. I'm pretty attached to his stupid little face.

The high fin toughed it out while I was in class. I'm not sure if the blenny has still been going after him. I shut the lights off except for the LEDs and some of the flow. Hopefully he'll settle down somewhere. I don't get it at all. There are places he can hide that the blenny is too big to fit through. Why is he up top now?

Anyway, he is thankfully not so stressed out that he won't eat. He ate some pellets last night, and some small pieces of mysis today.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as of lately this tank has seen better days

until today, last night we siphoned out a good bit of the deatris outta the tank, redid the aquascape and did 35% water change, HUGE difference.

that is what happens when you neglect your tank and over feed it, it should be back to Awesome in no time :)

Did he even overfeed or neglect his tank?

SHE, this is my girlfriends tank.... its was actually more of a miscommunication between the two of us, I was feeding her fish and corals while she was in class and then while I was working she'd feed, thus leading to over feeding...

it happens.

There was a lot of detritus build up under some of my rocks. I was reaquascaping for the 40th time and there are a few base rocks I almost never moved since the tank was set up. There was so much crap under there, no wonder some of my corals have been so dull. My clam has never looked happier.

017-2.jpg

015-1.jpg

My goby situation hasn't changed much. He's still hovering in the corner. Sometimes he'll drop down to about mid tank level, but still won't settle down into the rocks. Turning off the lights and some of the flow didn't make any difference. I'll just have to wait and see.

The Hi-fin has finally made a burrow...right in front of the glass! Would be prime location for me to take some pictures if I had bothered to scrape off the coralline lately. He's hanging out above the burrow at the moment. Ian dropped pellets down there and some hermits tore the place apart trying to get them. I'm sure this wouldn't happen if the pistol moved in...where ever the hell he is.

Last night, my Hi Fin found his shrimp. :D

003-1.jpg

007.jpg

Please excuse the crummy photos. That's about as close as I could get without them scurrying back into the hole. They seem to move back and forth between the larger cave (above) and a small burrow under the live rock. They've stayed in the burrow ever since I caught the blenny sitting in the cave. Guess he's lonely.

onefish2fish

my $%^!@%&@^# randalli disapeared. little $^@&%@^@# was $30 too. he did great for a month to, however didnt pair up with my goby but then recently disapeared and i havnt found him for like 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. i hope he just relocated and i cant find him and he'll make an apearance later, anyways theyre cool little critters and i wish you luck with yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

Onefish- Sorry to hear about your shrimp disappearing. I'm sure he's just working on a new burrow. I think my pistol is working on a pretty elaborate system throughout the tank. They already have a front and two side entrances to their cave. Occasionally I notice little toughs of sand flying around other parts of the tank. I wish I could see what was going on down there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well since steph is in class right now I figured I'd post some pics that I took of her tank, just some quick snaps. new FTS will be up when she gets back. its looking so much better than it has in the past couple of months. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Ian

post-37588-1227026058_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1227026070_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1227026088_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1227026102_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Aw thanks for checking up on my tank!

I've been pretty broke lately so no new additions to the tank besides some white cloves from Ian's tank and some macro from the biocube. The cloves have flourished and are ready to take over my tank. The maiden's shot glass did not survive. I suspect it's my lighting rather than the water chemistry since everything else seems to be doing so well. My duncans and acans are growing new heads and my montis have regained their color. My fish are doing great as well.

I'll post some pics whenever I get around to cleaning up my class.

just snapped a few photos for steph so you guys and girls can see what is going on in her tank...

like she sad she really needs to clean the glass outside and inside, the coraline is getting a lil out of hand.

sorry no blenny pics, even tho he got in a couple of shots. he's such a ham

~Ian

post-37588-1231103711_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1231103728_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1231103744_thumb.jpg

post-37588-1231103770_thumb.jpg

Great fish pics. That blenny is just TOO much - soo cute. I just ordered a Tail Spot Blenny on friday. If it is half as cute as yours I'll be thrilled. Keep those pics coming!

Does your blenny chow on algae in your tank?

Archived