Pod Your Reef

EnjoiFish's 10 Gallon Reef

EnjoiFish

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. Love it. From what I read, you only have the Blenny, right? Are you planning on another fish?

dearest Obsessed Reefer:

This is ian, enjoifish's bf, as of recently we are both thinking of adding more live stock our tanks but with only 10 gallons to work with, we aren't too sure what we are going to be getting, who knows.

right now we are kinda just sitting back and letting things adjust and hoping for some more splitting and moving within our coral livestock.

thanks for looking

Ian

Wow. Love it. From what I read, you only have the Blenny, right? Are you planning on another fish?

Thanks! I was considering getting a Hi-fin/pistol pair, but I've heard mixed reviews on pistols and cleaner shrimp. Since Frank is here to stay, I'm opting to go without the pair. Besides, the hi fin goby is so tiny, it looks like my blenny could swallow it whole! Otherwise, I am very undecided about what other fish to get, if any.

0092.jpg

Months ago, Ian and I were working on setting his tank back up. We had the liverock laid out all over the floor and this little guy crawled out, snipping away. I tossed him in my tank. He was always pretty shy, but eventually warmed up to me, or at least to the turkey baster. Last week I noticed him sitting next to my frogspawn, stuffing his face, with little neon green bits. Some say these crabs are reef safe as long as they are well fed, well not in my case since he was spot fed only a hour or two before. Since then, I've watched him piss off my coral, pick at my cleaner shrimp, and pull food right from my palys' mouths. I've been trying to figure out the best way to trap him and Ian goes and pushes him off a rock with a turkey baster, right into the net.

When you can't out smart them, bully them. :huh:

Now for some night shots:

026.jpg

020-1.jpg

028-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

I didn't know you had such a great photo of the bastard crab, now I know what you do while I'm at work. the 3 c

camera

candy

chair

all infront of the tank

dahliaheartsyou
My palys blow me kisses. :wub:

074.jpg

Hermes

070.jpg

050.jpg

018.jpg

these are my favs.

they caption is so perfect and cute on the palys, they are really pretty too!

your hermit looks like he is in special ed. classes. lol.

those bright pink/red ones need to be in my tank :)

and the expression on the blennies face is freakin hilarious "hey, what's goin on out here?!"

also, I am glad you didn't want/get the jawfish due to your tank size, always good to see people who care.

Thanks Dahlia!

If anyone should be a special ed class, it's my blenny. He's not the brightest, but I love him. My hermit is more of a bully. He once ripped a snail out of its shell, looked around inside, and didn't even bother to put it on. And he tramples over e v e r y t h i n g.

Those zoas are starting to spread since I got the new lights. Maybe after that super huge frag swap, we could trade some stuff.

Thanks for looking. :happy:

New FTS:

040-1.jpg

The Great Wall of Rock

024.jpg

I rearranged the rock since my shrooms weren't enjoying the new lights. I took the mystery brown coral out since it started to bleach. It looks a lot better in Ian's tank since his lights aren't quite as intense. I'm still working on finding a place for my new candy coral. My LFS guy suggested keep it low until adjusts, but it keeps getting knocked around my hermits and snails. I'm letting it sit for now. I really need to just keep my hands out of the tank for a few days.

New plans for the tank:

Make a hang-on 'fuge. Still debating on what size filter to get. I don't want so much flow that it kicks my sand around.

Switch from 20k Ushio bulb to Phoenix 14k. The color is great, definitely more white than blue, but I'd much rather have tons of coral growth.

Finally return those damn Hydor Koralias (we accidently ordered the ones that go with the wavemaker, not the ones that plug in individually)

Sit back and watch everything grow out. I want to buy more coral but my tank was starting to look like a yard sale with all these random pieces sitting everywhere.

Some more pictures:

Random zoas

018-1.jpg

Piggyback Ride

091.jpg

Alien vs Predator

predator.jpg

Can you tell I love this little guy?

028.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for going to my thread! OOOH I love the bulb you have in that tank! I'm going to have to get me one of them when it's time to replace my bulb (I bought it used so I think I need to replace it in december if it was 4 months old) You have such pretty corals I hope my tank looks just as pretty!

Your blenny is so precious. :wub:

Thanks for going to my thread! OOOH I love the bulb you have in that tank! I'm going to have to get me one of them when it's time to replace my bulb (I bought it used so I think I need to replace it in december if it was 4 months old) You have such pretty corals I hope my tank looks just as pretty!

Your blenny is so precious. :wub:

It was a used bulb though so the blue may have worn out on it already. I've heard mixed reviews as to whether they are a washed out blue or more white lamp. Mine of course is more of white light with a purplish tint. I like it, but I'd much rather have growth. I'm going to try out the Phoenix 14k next. CollegeNano has some comparison shots between the two if you want to see how his Ushio bulb looked.

Thanks for looking!

Not enough real estate.

024-1.jpg

Candy Coral...not my favorite, but it was so cheap. It's been knocked around by hermits and snails all week. Luckily it didn't lose any flesh, so it's recovering quite quickly.

001.jpg

Time to cut the strings. Xenia frag happy and attached after being cut from the mother colony only two days ago.

006-2.jpg

Little Green Monster. Seems like only a week ago, it was a tiny little frag that barely opened. Wait...it was only a week ago :unsure:

019.jpg

Ah, the wondrous growth of newbie corals. I can't wait to frag it and trade it in to my LFS.

018.jpg

SO CUTE! Your tank is really pretty, I say that split in the Ricordea is pretty close to finished... way to go, now you have two beautiful ricordea. I wish my local place sold ones as pretty as that.

Sweet looking tank you got there!!! Love it! :D

Thanks David! It still has a long way to go, but I appreciate the support. :happy:

Nice tank! Do you have any problems with heat from the light?

I did initially. It topped off at about 81.6. Depending on the day, I may run the air conditioner all day or just have a fan blowing over the surface. It stays at about 78 now. If I move, I may invest in a chiller, but for now this works just fine for me.

SO CUTE! Your tank is really pretty, I say that split in the Ricordea is pretty close to finished... way to go, now you have two beautiful ricordea. I wish my local place sold ones as pretty as that.

Thank you. :) That ricordea was such a steal. Practically a two for one deal. I was thinking about helping it along and just snipping it with some scissors. Right now, I'm just waiting it out.

Any SPS going into this tank? Should put in some nice monti's in there!!! Where is PA are you from? I was just in Philly this past week...in my spare time looked for LFS...couldn't find a single one!!!!!!!!!!!

-David

Any SPS going into this tank? Should put in some nice monti's in there!!! Where is PA are you from? I was just in Philly this past week...in my spare time looked for LFS...couldn't find a single one!!!!!!!!!!!

-David

I plan on doing some eventually. I need to get my calcium levels back up. I've been dosing but apparently not enough. I plan on doing a Kalkwasser drip soon. Maybe whenever everything is set you could spare a monti frag ;).

I live in Indiana, PA. Philly is too far for us to venture out for livestock. From what I've heard, there are no good ones in Pittsburgh either. I usually go a small LFS here or Gittler's in Johnstown. We use to go out to Monroeville, but they tore the saltwater section out of Petland (missed a huge giveaway :o ). Elmer's is nice, but not worth the drive down there.

I plan on doing some eventually. I need to get my calcium levels back up. I've been dosing but apparently not enough. I plan on doing a Kalkwasser drip soon. Maybe whenever everything is set you could spare a monti frag ;).

I live in Indiana, PA. Philly is too far for us to venture out for livestock.

Just let me know :D :D :D I will hold one for you :D I keep my calcium levels 420-450ppm...

Indiana, PA...I have no idea where that is...more towards Pittsburgh??? :)

-David

are you using 2-part dose?

Yea, more towards Pittsburgh. I guess it's near or right on the line between Western & Central PA.

And I dose with just Kent's Liquid Calcium concentrate. I'll probably switch over to the two part after the drip.

Yea, more towards Pittsburgh. I guess it's near or right on the line between Western & Central PA.

And I dose with just Kent's Liquid Calcium concentrate. I'll probably switch over to the two part after the drip.

Cool...Never ventured around that area really...

Just got some new acros today along with a load of other stuff...i posted some pics with the lights off :D

-David

Tank is looking good, Enjoi! Do you PA people know about That Pet Place? It's HUGE with great prices. They sell online, too, but it's worth a day-trip with the one you love just to look around.

That Pet Place

• 2 weeks later...

New stuff:

Duncanopsammia axifuga.

041-1.jpg042.jpg

Short tentacle plate. Full shots when it fully recovers.

029-1.jpg

And some critter shots:

Mowing the lawn.

037.jpg

Celebrity guest shot.

046.jpg

Really nice!

I want to name your bi-color "Mr. Who", if it has to be a girl name... "Little Miss Who" What an expressive face!! I LOVE it!

Archived