Coral Vue Hydros

24ish G shallow tank.

MacheteAvenue

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
phi delt reefer
yep it is.. i was out of ideas and listening to them at the time.

Small world - Chad's fiancée (now wife) works with me in London, Ontario. A few of us at work have been to a couple of his shows to show support for his CD launch last year.

On a nano-reef related note - schweet tank and good to hear your mp10 is back!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so the frogspawn is lookin good & the orange rics just pop. never really liked the orange ones. but I guess I see why there popular.

MacheteAvenue

the 2 up front are pretty ugly but you can see a few nicer ones in the back. i will get some better pics tomorrow. plus i finaly got mini carpets.. i have been waiting 3ish years to see them in canada.. and i bought both of them :P not the nicest colors but hell its better then nothing at all.. pics tomorrow

Machete, I think I've posted earlier in the thread (or maybe it was another thread with a tiled tank bottom), but I have to say I really like the tank. I'm impressed at how it's matured. compared to the first pictures. I also really like how the tile has started to mature into a true tapestry of colors! Thanks for all the pictures too.

Regarding the tiles, have you noticed any negative effects at all? Did you glue them down or together? Or are they just placed on the glass? What kind of tiles are they (ceramic, natural stone, etc)? They almost look like those 12x12 ceramic sheets you buy for a shower or whatever that you've ripped apart.

Oh, and of course I love your frogspawn... Mine grows well, but it doesn't get spawny enough...

MacheteAvenue

thanks!

no negative effects, i soak and wash them before putting them in the tank.

they are a natural stone some sort of calcium i guess. i get them at home depot they are call Tumbled Noce Travertine. and yes they are just placed on the glass.. they build up a poo layer under them that bristle worms and brittle stars like to live in.

they build up a poo layer under them that bristle worms and brittle stars like to live in.

Gross! Haha... It looks like you have them packed in there pretty tight so hopefully that stuff doesn't show much. Can you siphon the poo up through the cracks?

MacheteAvenue

yes you can, thats what i do pretty much every WC. im sort of thinking about going with a really thin sand layer on top of the tile. i feel the rock blends in with the floor and isnt giving good contrast witch makes it a bit boring.

That's an interesting point. Of course I was probably more in awe of the idea when I was looking at the pictures, but I bet after a while it does get rather bland as the tiles color up and basically look just like rock... I'm wondering if there's a way to jazz that up a bit. hmmm...

• 4 weeks later...
MacheteAvenue

i got 7 sorta decent colors out of that.. the rest are green so they shall be sold off to locals then i will order more :P

Archived