Coral Vue Hydros

24ish G shallow tank.

MacheteAvenue

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MacheteAvenue
this has to be one of the best tanks i've seen. is the overflow made from tinted glass or acrylic.

if its not glass how did you bond it to the tank?

thanks! over flow is glass with acrylic glued to the outside.

thanks! over flow is glass with acrylic glued to the outside.

Gotcha that helps out a lot, thanks. assuming acrylic is glued with silicone, and the weir was cut with a router to be the same hight as glass foundation. not the awsner I was looking for but extreamly clean, simply, and straight forward. B)

MacheteAvenue
Gotcha that helps out a lot, thanks. assuming acrylic is glued with silicone, and the weir was cut with a router to be the same hight as glass foundation. not the awsner I was looking for but extreamly clean, simply, and straight forward. B)

it was cut with a milling maching actualy.. haha but im sure a router would work.. i dont really like the vertical slots. to distracting.. speaking of distracting i really wish i would have made the hole over flow small and didnt have the ugly ass lock line running over the top of the over flow.... maybe time for a re build

andd some ####ty pictures

DSC_0013-6.jpg

DSC_0011-3.jpg

sorry the power went out when i got home from work so my mh was out i will try again tomorrow for some better shots

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
MacheteAvenue
awsome tank

definitely one of my favorites on here

thank ya :D

got some more ric floridas pic to come soonish..

i will be moving about 10 mins away from where i am now.. so the tanks gettin moved in feb.. im thinking about building a steel stand... but im pretty lazy so we will see what happens B)

thank ya :D

got some more ric floridas pic to come soonish..

i will be moving about 10 mins away from where i am now.. so the tanks gettin moved in feb.. im thinking about building a steel stand... but im pretty lazy so we will see what happens B)

good luck with the move.

wow, I absolutely love this tank. What does your sump look like? I love the tiles, I may use that in my next tank. Easy for fragging, definately!

MacheteAvenue

sumps really ugly :lol:

IMG_1151.jpg

my euro reef nano skimmer.. it didnt fit very good in my sump so a made a new one and just used the colections cup and pump.. im building a new stand and sump when i move the tank.. i plan on building it around the actauly euro reef skimmer body

MacheteAvenue
So where are you getting these nice rimless tanks made at?

BTW your tank looks awesome!

thank ya.

i made it myself

i just went to a local glass shop and orderd the dimentions and within a week they were cut.. haha i think it cost me $300 with polished edges and the holes cut in.

there were pictures of the build at the beggining of the thread.. but photobucket deleted them and i cant find them on my computer

• 2 months later...
fishdaddy0831
when i first saw the tiles i thought wow what an easy way to get zoa frags

+1 Just what I was thinking. One more thing added to my frag tank list.

Beautiful tank. Do you still have your angler? And if you don't mind me asking, what kind of foods are you feeding your angler?

• 2 weeks later...
MacheteAvenue

hey, thanks everyone

i bit of a update. i had to move and the tank didnt take it will.

i lost my pygmy hawk in the move and was pertty disapointed because everytime i actualy start to like a fish it dies..

other then that im slowly losing my sps to diatom algea stuff.. pretty annoying but its slowly going away with water changes.

im thinking of trying bio-pellets its become pretty popular in my area. and is highly recomended by alot of people with really nice tanks..

ohh and i sold my mp20 and bought a mp10w es :) looks a hell of alot better and i really liek that new settings i got the mp10w because thats all the store had left and he gave me $25 off

hmm what else..

my tunze 9002 skimmer broke and my euro-reef nano broke so thats not helping much.

dont really want to take pictures because its pretty ugly right now

feixjai:

i gave my frogfish away it got to big for my tank. but i fed it frozen silversides.

wohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds like lifes been fun for the tank lately. but an updates an update, thanks.

Archived