ReefCleaners.org

24ish G shallow tank.

MacheteAvenue

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW!

Inspiring! :D

I am starting one tank soon. Except I am thinking whether to consider sump or sumpless :/ Felt like following along your current tank's idea (:

• 1 month later...
MacheteAvenue

thanks, the tanks going downhill.. been losing alot of zoas to that brown fungus stuff, my frogfish got stung by my mini carpet nem and went floor surfing (its still alive but hes got a V tail now) im getting alot of algea growth on my glass because i need a new bulb but i got laid OFF reCently so i cant really aford one :wacko:

any who a few pictures and thanks for the comments

DSC_0017-3.jpg

DSC_0016-3.jpg

MacheteAvenue

finaly got a new bulb after a good 13 mounth burn on the last one

pheonix 14k

DSC_0009-2.jpgi coulnt get my white balance to work well but this as close as i could get, a bit blue but pretty close to true color

DSC_0005-2.jpg

DSC_0021-1.jpgfunny white balance

thanks, the tanks going downhill.. been losing alot of zoas to that brown fungus stuff, my frogfish got stung by my mini carpet nem and went floor surfing (its still alive but hes got a V tail now) im getting alot of algea growth on my glass because i need a new bulb but i got laid resently so i cant really aford one :wacko:

any who a few pictures and thanks for the comments

I got laid resently too and it only cost me dinner and a dozen roses :D

sorry, i'm sincerely sorry you lost your job, just couldn't help to exploit that typo, it was a typo wasn't it?

MacheteAvenue
I got laid resently too and it only cost me dinner and a dozen roses :D

bahaha... well its true B).. but i ment laid off... YEAH! for having a really short attention span :scarry:

i better go fix that

Aww man, sorry ou got laid off, good luck. I didn't get laid off, my comission got cut in half.. I mine as well be on unemployment .. good luck!

MacheteAvenue
very nice viv, i have a few with azureus and one with red amazonicus, are you gonna put any pdf's in there?

id like to one day get some pdf's but it wont happen anytime soon. I have plans to probably sell the 2 vivs i have now and would like to just make 1 large viv to house a mid size group of Azureus... tank would be probably 3' x 3' x 2' (lxhxw)

• 2 weeks later...
id like to one day get some pdf's but it wont happen anytime soon. I have plans to probably sell the 2 vivs i have now and would like to just make 1 large viv to house a mid size group of Azureus... tank would be probably 3' x 3' x 2' (lxhxw)

Excellent tank, probably one of the best I've seen on here.

Keep in mind that azureus don't do well in groups because they are a member of the tinctorius family. I can't comment on how they would do in a tank that large though.

Really really cooooooool, but

not to nitpick but that tank is only 14ish gallons not 24ish

Maybe it was said but I might have missed it

Tanque Verde

^10g sump.

Tanque Verde

Hey MacheteAvenue,

This is a very cool tank and is giving me some ideas for a potential shallow frag tank build.

Quick question: in the last pic of your first post, the silicone looks irregular but in later pix it looks neat and crisp. Did you go back over it with a razor? How did you clean it up?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
MacheteAvenue
Excellent tank, probably one of the best I've seen on here.

Keep in mind that azureus don't do well in groups because they are a member of the tinctorius family. I can't comment on how they would do in a tank that large though.

thanks! i miss your 75G that was a awsome tank

haha ya im a frog noob, i really havnt read much about frogs but once i get the time and money to get some i will read what will be batter for me.

ya its 14G display 10G sump.

Hey MacheteAvenue,

This is a very cool tank and is giving me some ideas for a potential shallow frag tank build.

Quick question: in the last pic of your first post, the silicone looks irregular but in later pix it looks neat and crisp. Did you go back over it with a razor? How did you clean it up?

Thanks.

ya the last picture is just the excess that seeps out the side, i just cut it off after it cures.. the next tank i build I think im going to tape the outside too.

not much is new with the tank... i havnt been home for about 2 weeks and my girlfriends been looking after it... haha i made her take pictures and send them to me. other then lots of algae on the glass it looks good. when i get home on monday i will clean it up and do a WC and take some pictures and post.

Thanks again for the comments everyone.

Archived