Cultivated Reef

24ish G shallow tank.

MacheteAvenue

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic build!

Just looking at how you put glasses to become a tank is amazing. The photos.. breathless! :D wish I know how to put one like this together ;) (sadly, I don't. care to explain why the need to taper the glasses before applying the silicon? -_-)

I'll be tagging along! (:

MacheteAvenue

thanks everybody,

dahliaheartsyou:

i do still have the starry and hes doin great goin on a year and a half since i first got him

(sadly, I don't. care to explain why the need to taper the glasses before applying the silicon? -_-)

mostly for clean edges but also saves a few hours of clean up :)

I named the frogfish kurby...figured it was a perfect match

kirby_071220a-l.jpg

only have a really old picture

18x18x24 exo terra.. there is another one next to it to... i will get some new pictures of both tomorrow if interested. dont have any frogs yet though.

DSC_00102.jpg

mostly for clean edges but also saves a few hours of clean up :)

thanks! but is there any technique into applying silicon when one is building a tank from scratch?

Any good links to recommend? I will want to get my hands dirty now :happy:

(my bad to have deviated from the topic >< sorry TS! )

Anyway, nice vivarium! any updates? :)

MacheteAvenue

mm use tape, use lots of silicone, take your time, make sure the glass is square and the right dimentions.. i dont have any links but if you do a search on google, reefcentral...(if you can) or on here. should come up with something.. will have pictures in a few mins :mellow:

dahliaheartsyou

i'm glad you still have the blenny, he is super cute!!!

and i LOVE frogfish, so unique...but all my inverts would be snacks <_<

and beautiful viv!!!

what lighting do you have over them?

i'd love more pics =]

MacheteAvenue
i'm glad you still have the blenny, he is super cute!!!

and i LOVE frogfish, so unique...but all my inverts would be snacks <_<

and beautiful viv!!!

what lighting do you have over them?

i'd love more pics =]

my frogfish doesn't go near my sexy or pom pom and the peppi is to big for him. also ran into a absolutly tiny frog fish at a pet store the other day... i was so tempted, he was maybe a 1" long and super red.. but a $75 dollar snack for the other frog fis is a bit much.

the light is a t5 ho 4 bulb sunlight supply light... (the same people that make the tek light).. its a lower end light with V reflectors, no on off switch and single cord.... pretty sure its for hydroponics type stuff.. witch makes it perfect for a viv..

both vivs will be taken down in the summer and im planning a 3' tall X 3' long X 2' deep viv for all my plants and i will house some darts mostlikley.....

i think im going to buy a vortek MP20 :D i have sold the 3 big croceas, both chalice corals, a big chunk of rock that i need to replace with a few smaller chunks and a few other small frags..

i will probably end up running the MP20 on the lowest seting.. as there isnt much room for waves.

• 2 weeks later...
DSC_0133.jpg

COOL dude, tell me how you are finding it.

I just recently moved to a new office and my boss is giving me the green light to put a 1.5 or 2ft cube tank, so I am considering between a controllable tunze 6055 or MP20.

Give me your thoughts alright (:

p.s: I have seen how a 6055 works. Now for a MP20 (:

Archived