Top Shelf Aquatics

D-D H2Ocean Pro Salt

PodRod

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the poeple that do use this salt do you still dose as well

whether you dose depends on your inhabitants, not your salt mix. are you asking about buffering the salt mix prior to doing a water change?

It's a bad idea to use water from the grocery store machine, it's often got bad stuff in it.

Buy distilled water instead if you're going to do that.

reef2.5

TDS is total dissolved solids. I got a meter with calibration fluid on ebay for about $20. It is electronic and you just stick it in the water and it tells you how much stuff besides water is in the water. Good RO/DI water should read 0ppm.

I have been having the same problem with my tank looking sickly and corals dying, so I tested my RO/DI water and it read 38ppm. I realized I actually only had a RO system and not RO/DI so I just ordered a new system. I also bought a bucket of DDH2ocean salt and a titanium grounding probe to remove any stray voltage. I am hoping these three things will fix my sick tank.

• 2 months later...

alright so my Question for the group then is. for those of us who fall into the "water change bad", methodology. based on there being "no reason to swap out perfectly good water if your dosing & the water parameters are where there supposed to be". The other part of this methodology is the the only reason for a WC is the integrity of the water chemistry. so lets assume that the levels are spot on.How long would be appropriate to go between WC based on the salt & how much do you think would be an acceptable amount.

Now the reason why I'm asking in here is that while I use use this salt my self. I have always believed that basing things off of a single persons experience can lead to substantial over sites, conjecturer being interpreted as fact, & data being used or manipulated to meet the bias of the individual. so as to why I use the salt & feel that it is the best suited to the prolonged WC concept. is that from my own experience as well as from others it would seem that the H2O not only has the best starting parameters but also has greater longevity of these parameters than others, with out dosing. so I wonder if others have found this to be true & agree that this salt would show a benefit to this metodology. or if it is simply providing the placebo effect of having a better salt mix.

I kind of agree with you as I went about 1.5 weeks maybe even two with out changses and it all tested fine. Keep in mind my tank is only about 1 gallon so I change 2/3 twice a week.but think about thishow much " fresh ocean water " passes over any given four foot patch of the reef so wouldn't we want to replicate that movement

Archived