inTank Media Baskets

D-D H2Ocean Pro Salt

PodRod

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're supposed to mix D-D salt for 2 days before using it.

Awesome. Shouldn't be a problem then.

Time to head to the LFS to pick up a bucket...and pick up a few new corals :lol:

If DD will save me the hassle of dosing, then that alone is worth it. I only have a 16 gallon, so doing weekly water changes with DD salt should suffice even if the corals will suck up a lot of the calcium and magnesium.

• 3 months later...

Just finished my first bucket of this salt and i like it! I stirred up the whole bucket the day i got it to get an even mix. Tried instant ocean(newer formula) and tropic marin before this and out of the 3 im sticking with the d-d. Didn't do much in the way of testing the different mixes but my corals seemed to enjoy the double D.

And i only mix my salt 3-4 hours before using it.... = \

• 2 months later...

I'm curious, I see a lot of talk about this DD salt now. Does anybody have test results from a fresh mix of Instant Ocean. I'm trying to compare the cal, alk and mag of the two. Looks like DD is the way to go though.

I'm curious, I see a lot of talk about this DD salt now. Does anybody have test results from a fresh mix of Instant Ocean. I'm trying to compare the cal, alk and mag of the two. Looks like DD is the way to go though.

There is NO comparison between D-D and Instant Ocean.

D-D blows it out of the water.

There is NO comparison between D-D and Instant Ocean.

D-D blows it out of the water.

I am going to call my LFS today and see if they carry D-D. With any luck they will have it or someone else in town will have it. If not I'll have to order it. I'm hearing really good things about this salt. With anything luck I can avoid dosing. I'd rather change water weekly.

I am going to call my LFS today and see if they carry D-D. With any luck they will have it or someone else in town will have it. If not I'll have to order it. I'm hearing really good things about this salt. With anything luck I can avoid dosing. I'd rather change water weekly.

I've tried a bunch of salts and researched a bunch of salts, and I would say that D-D is the salt you'll get the best levels with without dosing.

The biggest negative to it in my mind is that you have to mix it longer, 1 day minimum, 2 days ideally.

I've tried a bunch of salts and researched a bunch of salts, and I would say that D-D is the salt you'll get the best levels with without dosing.

The biggest negative to it in my mind is that you have to mix it longer, 1 day minimum, 2 days ideally.

Wow a day to mix it. How do you normally go about mixing it? Do you mix the whole bucket or do you just mix what you need?

Wow a day to mix it. How do you normally go about mixing it? Do you mix the whole bucket or do you just mix what you need?

You can do it either way, I've done it both ways.

My preferred method is probably to mix up a 5g bucket worth, and if I don't use it all right then I have some available for next time.

I just keep a powerhead running and circulating it til I use it.

If you want a salt that will mix right away, try ESV B-Ionic 4 part salt.

Mixes super fast and clean and most levels are good but Magnesium levels are consistently low and measure around 1200.

Well, I went to the LFS today and they only carry Brightwell, Reef Crystals and IO. I thought about trying the brightview. I'm curious if anybody in San Antonio or Austin carry's DD? Anybody out there know?

Well, I went to the LFS today and they only carry Brightwell, Reef Crystals and IO. I thought about trying the brightview. I'm curious if anybody in San Antonio or Austin carry's DD? Anybody out there know?

I'm in Austin and I haven't seen it at any of the LFS. I usually order mine from Marine Depot. To save on shipping, I usually buy when someone on Austin Reef Club does a Marine Depot Group Buy.

i've been using this salt for around 10 months, mixed at my LFS. Mixed to a specific gravity of 1.025, I've consistently tested the Ca at 360ppm (I've gone through 2 different Elos Ca test kits getting the same measurement). Does anyone else get this problem?

So riddle me this I was buying pre mixed water then bought a bucket got sick of going out twice a week but now that I've been mixing it myself nothing looks as happy am I doing something wrong I'm following the directions just as it says any ideas

Test the TDS of the water. They might be using old filters that they've forgot to change. We had a store here that was selling treated tap water as RO. I know I've tested culligan RO water from walmart where you use the machine to fill yourself and it was almost tap water had high tds.

Archived