Tubs are pretty much done cycling.

SG 1.026

Temp 78

pH 8.2

Ammona-0

Nitrite-0

Nitrate-5ppm

alk, 9dkh

fuge is running, I have a mj 404 pumping into it and a clamp on light with a 6500K bulb. Prob due a water change this week. and I had to start a paypal dispute with a local reefer that I bought the skimmer from. So we'll see if he actually ships this week before I start a claim.

haha, yea need a light first. got a pendent with no bulb or ballast. I havent heard back from the wamas member about the lumenarc setup.

How much LR is in there? I'm guessing it was new since you cycled. Can't wait to see what this bad boy looks like when it's operating. It's gonna be wicked.

man that aqua ev 120 skimmer is bad a$$. its huge. right now its only 15-20lbs of marcorocks, I have another 50lbs coming. I really want to get the lumenarc setup from a local reefer, but I havent heard anything back from him. I have a reefoptix III pendent, so could just use that and get a ballast and bulb.

I also need to get an ATO setup.

Here's some pics of the fuge, skimmer and tub with some sand residue on the surface. Skimmer is producing foam less then 24 hrs of running.

Picture767.jpg

Picture768.jpg

Picture769.jpg

Picture770.jpg

Picture771.jpg

haha, yea need a light first. got a pendent with no bulb or ballast. I havent heard back from the wamas member about the lumenarc setup.

Come borrow one of my 400W w/ ballast until you get yours running.

FWIW the Koralia magnets will work through the sides of those tubs. I have a couple HK2's stuck in a 110g with no problems. (don't ask :unsure: )

lol, should have it up tomorrow. got my Koralia 3's yesterday. should be getting my glass today and ballast and bulb tomorrow. I also have the ato running, just used an 18gal plastic tote.

Today is the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picture784.jpg

Picture785.jpg

Picture787.jpg

Picture788.jpg

Picture789.jpg

Picture790.jpg

Picture791.jpg

Picture792.jpg

Picture793.jpg

Picture794.jpg

Picture795.jpg

Picture796.jpg

Looking at the pic of the mangroves, I think I put them in upside down.

nice stuff and i am amazed all that fitted in a 15 gallon tank so when are going to start fragging stuff up so i can buy it from you? :D

Looking good!

I might be taking down my POS frag vat and putting two of these types up instead. I've had nothing but heartache with my current setup.

After reading your thread from front to back about....five times I have a couple questions if you don't mind.

In the top tub, what do you have underneath the frag rack? How far is it above the bottom?

How far up do you have the light from the water surface?

What size of PVC are you running for the flow to the sump?

Any plans for future addition of sand to either the display or sump?

No fishies? :(

I've come to the conclusion my setup is just not efficient at nutrient export and it would be cheaper to scrap it then pull huge water changes weekly to compensate.

Archived