Top Shelf Aquatics

SeeDemTails 2.75 G pico

SeeDemTails

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the look of that and the rock wall is genious. Looking forward to more updates and pictures.

Cory

SeeDemTails

Coming soon, I have been so busy for the past month that all the tank has gotten was topped off. I put a huge devils hand in there and am gonna work it in so I should have some new pics soon! Eveything is still happy and healthy though.

• 3 weeks later...
SeeDemTails

Tank is still going and everything is fine, I have been concentrating on the 37, now that the cabinet is done, I am gonna start working on it again really soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I know......I just havent done anything else to it yet. so I am like in blah mode about it.

I will take some pics tonight anyway, everything is fine in the tank and I put a HUGE devils hand in there, gotta frag it up.

I know I know......I just havent done anything else to it yet. so I am like in blah mode about it.

I will take some pics tonight anyway, everything is fine in the tank and I put a HUGE devils hand in there, gotta frag it up.

You've inspired me to make a pico w/ this design for the office. I'll put some pics up once I get it underway.

Great ideas, thank you!

I am so bad....I keep saying I will post pics and I keep putting it off.

Ok, I promise I will take a few pics tonight. It needs more coral, but is about half full.

IndicaCorialis
I am so bad....I keep saying I will post pics and I keep putting it off.

Ok, I promise I will take a few pics tonight. It needs more coral, but is about half full.

Where's the pix???

Sorry but doing stuff around the house like putting up the grill and putting up the trash cans and picking up anything that could fly around during Fay took priority last night. I will try again to take some pics when I get home tonight!

Ok, here are some over due pics!

Orchid little guy!

DSC018971.JPG

Top Down

DSC01904.JPG

Devils Hand

DSC01906.JPG

Yumas I got for $10!

DSC01910.JPG

Baby Yumas

DSC01911.JPG

Shrooms

DSC01912.JPG

These are growing well

DSC01915.JPG

Toad Stool

DSC01916.JPG

Little Pink Birdsnest for the heck of it that I accidentally broke off.

DSC01917.JPG

Kenya Tree

DSC01918.JPG

DSC01919.JPG

DSC01921.JPG

DSC01923.JPG

Looks great. I think the Kenya tree will actually look great in there, once it grows out, but it needs to be a little to the right. Bonsai aquarium thought.

AcroporaLokani, it is still worth it. After living under gray skies from October to May every year (in the North), I can't imagine leaving sunny Florida. Not even after two days of rain. Especially after the ice storms I ave been through.

POS 18w built in ballast coralife 50/50....Take me to the gallows I know......

I am gonna buy 2 13w retro kits from hello lights very soon for it.

Devils Hand

DSC01906.JPG

very interesting lobo. hmmm, might be a sarco actually or hybrid. sarcos and lobos sometimes hybridize. but there is a couple of sarco species that looks and has lobo characteristics. that looks like one of them (rather than a hybrid).

I thought you were going to get a metal halide for that little rascal? The "pink" birdsnest is telling on your light, turning brown. :(

I know you retro

Lithonia 300W halogen fixture - $20

ballastwise 70W electronic ballast - $35

eBay chinese 70W 14 or 20K bulb - $20 (I've actually had good luck with the three I've bought, can't really tell any difference from an Ushio, and the corals don't seem to mind either.)

assorted PVC fittings for a light hanger - $10

Can't really beat the price and you'll have a light that will work quite well over such a wee tank.

Archived