SaltCritters.com

SeeDemTails 2.75 G pico

SeeDemTails

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has grown a little. To be honest I'm not really trying though. I brok ethat tiny piece off and it was either chuck it or put it in the 5.5. It isnt dying thats for sure. If I get better light I am sure it will do great.

You should see it now. I have 5 huge chunks of monti cap laing on top of everything until I can get rid of it today

revaltion131

First, I love your purple yuma in that one pic, and the tank overall looks beautiful. Now I have a question about the dottyback for you. How is the little guy doing with the tank size? I'm in the process of planning a 10g or smaller tank and would like to shoot for a similarly divided 5.5. Do you have plans to move the little guy if he gets too big, or in your experience, do you feel he'll be fine for the long term?

I will have two other reefs to put him in, plus my choice of about 10 other maintained tanks that are all awesome.

He is a baby ORA fish, an I think he is fine right now, but I might move him into the 37g eventually. I am not worried about aggression, just that he will eat too many pods. Although the mandarin hasnt even dented them in almost 8 months.

I think one would be fine long term in a 10 g though, atleast an Orchid. Some of the other types get a little too big.

revaltion131
I will have two other reefs to put him in, plus my choice of about 10 other maintained tanks that are all awesome.

He is a baby ORA fish, an I think he is fine right now, but I might move him into the 37g eventually. I am not worried about aggression, just that he will eat too many pods. Although the mandarin hasnt even dented them in almost 8 months.

I think one would be fine long term in a 10 g though, atleast an Orchid. Some of the other types get a little too big.

Thanks! Getting a CB Orchid was what I was considering. Did you order from an LFS or an online source? My 34's pretty well-stocked, so I'd definitly have to get a little bigger just to keep it there long term.

• 3 weeks later...

Tank is still doing great, but it need more light desperately.....I have to decide on how I want to light this better. I wish I had a 70 w halide, no loot for that right now though, I am trying to get the 60 hex going.

Tank is still doing great, but it need more light desperately.....I have to decide on how I want to light this better. I wish I had a 70 w halide, no loot for that right now though, I am trying to get the 60 hex going.

300w halogen flood light: $10

70w ballastwise.com ballast: $35

Cheap hqi bulb off ebay: $20

$65 and about 5 minutes of simple wiring is all that is between your tank and halides. do it B)

and this tank is awesome... i would love to run a water level like that on a tank, but i would forget how high it was and stick my hand in the tank to fast and make a mess . i already do that enough with the tanks i have.

I am thinking of trying this design on a 2.5G AGA for a freshwater amano/cherry shrimp tank. Including removing the rim and whatnot. The false wall looks great also.

• 1 month later...

Removing trim on a glass tank like the AGAs are hard and time consuming to prevent breaking the glass. It took me 4 hours to remove it slowly and still have to clean up the silicone residue afterwards.

Your tank looks great by the way. I was inspired by your pico tank to make one of my own.

I ended up using a 1.8 gallon tank for now.

Adolfo

Tank is still doing fine on cruise control. Fish and coral are doing great.

As soon as I finish the 60, I am moving this tank to the guest bedroom, and making a full hood for it, probably upgrading the lighting as it needs to be done very badly. I also plan to move the fish to the 60 and put a couple sexy shrimp in this tank, maybe a small goby, we will see how he behaves though.

Hey christel, did you get my pm about shipping out the red cap and green digi frags this week? I can have someone to sign for it every day except wedensday.

Archived