Pod Your Reef

SeeDemTails 2.75 G pico

SeeDemTails

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SeeDemTails

If the skimmer doesnt hold 1/4 the volume of the tank is isnt good enough lol.

I figure with all my colonies it is gonna be impossible to keep SPS frags out of this tank, so I decided to coupe any water quality issues now with that big azz skimmer. It has been pulling some nasty stuff already.

Great Job. I really admire hacking into that skimmer. And the coral bommie is too cool for a pico!

wow_it_esploded

If you put a canopy on it you will not be able to see the overflow though! That would ruin the whole effect!

I LOVE this tank though! I am putting a link to it in my signature just because of the awesomeness of it all.

John

SeeDemTails

LOL I will take the compliment I suppose.

The canopy will only be over the rear part of the tank....it will look like it is overflowing into the canopy.

I have a ton of coral to put in this tank, give it 6 months and it will be looking awesome!

masterbuilder

I really like your tiny tank. Nicest one you have. Go 1st class on the hood, try to hide everything from all angles. I would pay a true professional to make it. Might be a couple of bills.... but...done right and super high quality you easily have the makings of a TOM or more.

Mark

EDIT: tweek that light slightly so the lamp is not hanging out.... its looking so good, dont miss any details.

SeeDemTails

Dont worry the hood will be sweet. I am going to cover both sides and the front so you will only see the water surface and the display part.

I am going to make a small square "floating" hood to hide the 70w MH retro I am going to put over it eventually. It will be in the same spot as the black one is now.

I am going to sand very smooth and paint all the wood gloss black to match the trim of the tank on the bottom.

oh my goodness! Forgot about this thread for a few days....That rockwork is gonna be sweet once its covered in coral!!!

SeeDemTails

Thanks Monk, the hood is this sundays project, stay tuned!

Skimmer is working good still, but I forgot how much of a pain other skimmers are to adjust since I have been using the remora!

i love you you 'took some spare stuff and just chucked it together'. you made it work niiiice.

Gourgeous tank, I would love to try something like that with a 10gal. i have alying around.

Then go for it! Can't be from lack of money. That setup is genious as much for how cheaply it can be set up.

By the way, Christel, I sure hope your corals are doing fine, because the ones you traded me are great. Even the digitata likes me!

SeeDemTails

Yeah I have minimal cash flow into this thing. like $50 max at this point.

Everything is doing just fine yardboy! The birdsnest is growing already, and the purple cap is doing great too. I also mounted the white elkhorn. I wasnt to sure of that when I first saw it, it kinda looked bleached, but I have really grown to like the color combo on it.

i really love this tank! the rock work is very unique! skimmer in a pico... one word, genius! haha. although im not sure the bioload calls for it. but it looks good.

keep up the good work.

Yeah I have minimal cash flow into this thing. like $50 max at this point.

Everything is doing just fine yardboy! The birdsnest is growing already, and the purple cap is doing great too. I also mounted the white elkhorn. I wasnt to sure of that when I first saw it, it kinda looked bleached, but I have really grown to like the color combo on it.

Everything I got from you is doing fantastic. Our water prameters must be very similar. The thing I love about the elkhorn is it's growth form. I'll try and get a shot of the one in Ghetto Beauty. I think you'll really love it when it "bonsai's out" for you. I think it's problem was it was under T5's, and they are just too harsh for some corals.

I showed my wife your tank with the pink birdsnest in it. "When are you going to set one up like that?" I love that woman.

SeeDemTails

It is liking the halides so far. the birdsnest is really liking the halides!

Thanks everyone, I havent added anything new, so I havent snapped any pics, everything is doing great though.

I am gonna do a few things this weekend hardware wise, maybe make the hood, I will take some pics if I do!

SeeDemTails

Filter!......Dont say that word around my tanks, they should be called nitrate factories!

I am not german, but my tanks are all bout Berlin.

Love the tank!! For just throwing things together it looks pretty amazing. I assume it's just a standard cheapo 5.5g tank. If so, any tips on removing that top frame? I was thinking of doing something similar to my 5.5.

Archived