Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lalani's Pico Upgrade

Lalani

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buy it and stick it in a drawer for three months. Then when you use it and she asks "is that a new lens?" you just say "No, I've had this a long time."

You know she does that with clothes, don't you? ;)

-hank

That would work except we have a JOINT checking account. Hence money goes out I notice. And I have a good memory.

Not true especially sense he goes shopping with me since I don't know where I'm going (haven't lived here long enough).

it's not the lens that is the issue...it's the camera...and its $1000. The only SLR I have is an ancient Minolta x370, but I keep bugging her for something digital. Besides...she makes the money in the relationship (grad students make diddly), so she'd notice the money disappearing from her account. :lol:

besides.. I buy clothes and hide them :P

:rolleyes: I love my husand.

You might have a chance in hell of getting a digital slr when the Canon you have is more than a year old. Cause lets see at the moment its maybe 6 months old.

Yep I'm the sugar momma :lol: and with joint checking accounts its an easy thing to check for.

You haven't done that in awhile unless you've been shopping while I have been at work which I find hard to believe. :)

Hahaha, this just keeps getting better! :lol:

Yep, and it provides me with something to keep me entertained while at work. :)

Hahaha, this just keeps getting better! :lol:

i'm just gonna keep hijacking this thread for a while :P

(btw...she's an accountant too...she'd notice $5 missing, much less a camera's worth)

Let me suggest a good idea for Lalani and dshnarw.

Lalani, you sell your slr cheap to dshnarw. Then Lalani can top up abit more to buy a even better slr! :P

In this way, both will be benefit! :lol:

And Lalani, the power is back so hopefully is your pics too! Faster blind my eyes with moreof your stunning pics! :P

Lalani, you sell your slr cheap to dshnarw. Then Lalani can top up abit more to buy a even better slr! :P

And Lalani, the power is back so hopefully is your pics too! Faster blind my eyes with moreof your stunning pics! :P

You are not helping my cause any. :happy: He just got a new camera about 6 months ago he doesn't need another one.

You might have a chance in hell of getting a digital slr when the Canon you have is more than a year old. Cause lets see at the moment its maybe 6 months old.

Yep, and it provides me with something to keep me entertained while at work. :)

*sound of whip cracking* :lol:

I know what you mean, I'm at work too, but it's Friday and I'm only here until noon!

i'm just gonna keep hijacking this thread for a while :P

(btw...she's an accountant too...she'd notice $5 missing, much less a camera's worth)

That's no big deal. :P

And you two have been married for how long, 30 years?

Hmmm, I see your logic there...... I wouldn't mind upgrading to one of the pro DSLRs........ nah, Daniel is on his own!

And I plan on having some new pics posted...... as soon as I see your tank's live webcam. :P

You are not helping my cause any. :happy: He just got a new camera about 6 months ago he doesn't need another one.

I almost have to agree with you on that!

*sound of whip cracking* :lol:

I know what you mean, I'm at work too, but it's Friday and I'm only here until noon!

Hmmm, I see your logic there...... I wouldn't mind upgrading to one of the pro DSLRs........ nah, Daniel is on his own!

And I plan on having some new pics posted...... as soon as I see your tank's live webcam. :P

I almost have to agree with you on that!

:D

I'm stuck here all day and my manager that has been ignoring my request for work the past two days has decided to take today off. So nice of him :angry:

3 months and 11 days is how long we have been married.

:lol:

Thanks!!

Haha Mrs arwndsh, I am just joking anyway. And wow! Mr dshnarw, only 6month old slr and to you is an antique :lol:

I don't even have a slr -_-

My boss is on a plane right now to go visit her boyfriend in, Tennessee, I think. She does this almost every weekend, which gives me a break from her, so it's all good.

Yeah, I know you guys are still newlyweds, but you're sounding like an old couple already. :P

Haha Mrs arwndsh, I am just joking anyway. And wow! Mr dshnarw, only 6month old slr and to you is an antique :lol:

I figured, but I thought I'd tease you a little. :) Oh sorry the SLR he got yesterday is an older film slr, but he has a Canon G9 thats only 6 months old. The only difference between it and a digital SLR is the G9 isn't fully manuel.

Lalani that must be nice.

Its probably because we dated for 5 yrs before we got married. :)

:rolleyes: I love my husand.

i love you too honey :flower:

it's funny...we're the cute couple that holds hands everywhere in person :)

gees...run me under the bus there!

And wow! Mr dshnarw, only 6month old slr and to you is an antique :lol:

no...really...it's a minolta...from the 1980s...film SLR. My digital camera is a P&S, which is only 6 months old. Hence why I'm pushing ;)

But the honeymoon is still in effect, right? ;)

FTFY

Ofcourse marriage has some privaleges that dating doesn't come with :naughtydance:

:lol:

Funny story when we went to buy Daniel's car we were walking around looking at cars and holding hands. The car salesman thought this was hilarious. He would ask us to hold hands when we weren't cause he thought we were mad at each other if we weren't holding hands. Then when we went back to pick up Daniel's tags the car salesman was standing outside with this guy and he was like look their holding hands again. :)

I figured, but I thought I'd tease you a little. :) Oh sorry the SLR he got yesterday is an older film slr, but he has a Canon G9 thats only 6 months old. The only difference between it and a digital SLR is the G9 isn't fully manuel.

Lalani that must be nice.

Its probably because we dated for 5 yrs before we got married. :)

the lens isn't removable or interchangeable...

me no like you.

:grouphug:

Lol!

Somehow I don't find it strange that car salesmen would be unaccustomed to seeing people holding hands.... I mean.. they are salesmen. I think it's sweet. :)

Waaaaaaaaaaah

Again

But it really does make a big difference. I would die if I was stuck with one lens.

If it's a lens adapter for a p&s cam, it only allows you to place a small lens in front of the permanent camera lens. Quality degrades easily with those things.

DSLRs allow you to remove the entire lens and interchange them.

If it's a lens adapter for a p&s cam, it only allows you to place a small lens in front of the permanent camera lens. Quality degrades easily with those things.

oh. hmmmmmmm. Thanks for explaining that.

must go rethink things now

:happy: i like you more now :)

edit: and why is it she listens to you when you say that? :huh:

oh. hmmmmmmm. Thanks for explaining that.

must go rethink things now

And I ain't yankin' yer chain neither. :lol:

:happy: i like you more now :)

edit: and why is it she listens to you when you say that? :huh:

Haha, does she ever listen to you? ;)

Looks like Mr. Ike is knocking on our door.... Don't be surprised if my thread title changes back to 'power outage'... *sigh

And I ain't yankin' yer chain neither. :lol:

Haha, does she ever listen to you? ;)

Looks like Mr. Ike is knocking on our door.... Don't be surprised if my thread title changes back to 'power outage'... *sigh

I didn't suppose you were.

I listen to him when he talks, I just don't think I ever asked him what made a SLR better.

Oh thats no good. Good luck with everything. I'll be praying for you.

(btw...she's an accountant too...)

Uh-oh.

Abandon all hope of ever slipping anything past her. :scarry: Better work on another strategy.

FWIW, I didn't get my first SLR until ... we'd been married about 10 years. 'Course we were married young. And I recall money was tight. So maybe instead of looking at Lalani's pictures and saying "what do I need to do that" Look at your camera and tank and figure out "what can I do with this?" I'm sure there are some great pictures in the camera you have and you just need to figure out how to get them out of there. It's not always easy, but you have a huge advantage with digital technology over film. Also when you're competing with Lalani... Isn't she a pro? I'm sure my equipment could take pictures as nice as hers, but I'm still developing the skills she has already mastered.

That said, the capabilities of a digital SLR are IMO an order of magnitude beyond what most P&S cameras are capable of, between the larger sensor, better optics, faster AF and so on. Of course none of that comes free, but IMO is well worth the expenditure once it fits in the budget.

Good luck with your photography!

-hank

Archived