Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jupiter, FLA Reef

Nick's Reef

lilredneckman
Is it the video from that dive shop over on US Hwy1 in the plaza across from the Movies plaza? That one is sweet, only dive video of Jupiter I know.

Witht the sponges, I think you will find that the red ball, orange tree, and some of the encrusting sponges are all that will survive. I have tried literally hundreds from the jupiter area, and those are the only ones that make it for me. If you have different results let me know.

Not to hijack but John did you ever get that pm?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny you guy mentioned diving... That's how I got my tank... When Uncle Sam gave me the 600 bucks - I thought I would learn how to scuba... but figured out the cert. for diving would cost more than the 600 bucks... then I thought heck, for 600 bucks, I could bring the ocean to me.. Next then I know, I'm joining NR, buying a tank, and here I am, today... Totally happy... Now.. when I get my return next year I might be able to afford to get my cert, then... Maybe we could get a few of us to get cert together and get a group rate.. just an idea..

Thanks-

Dave A.

• 3 weeks later...
Nick's Reef

I don't think I'll ever do this tank, I've gotten to wrapped up into my aquapod and would rather save money for a larger tank to upgrade and maybe to a biotope for my yasha gobies, geometric pygmy hawk and sunburst anthias since all are found in the reef rubble or lagoon zone.

edit, plus the tank I'd use for the reef my dad and i might set up as a prop system. :)

Wanna see a J-town biotype? Subtract the Kenya tree, GSP and YSP from my sig and you got it! I used to have a damsel, french angel, and some high hats as well.

Here you can see some a the Zoa's and a high hat from Jupiter

FishTank047.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Iwould never give up man, just get another tank and stick to your original plans. If I lived out there I'd be in the water everyday. It's only nice here in the spring and them the summer sucks and them its winter for ever till next spring.

Nick's Reef

the porblem is I don't have the money for the stuff to set it up and it would be really hard to collect were I wanted because there is this lady that lives there (it's a bunch of rocks on a sewall with tons of zoos) and she's called the cops on me and lilredneckman for snorkeling there and is know buildin on to her house. It's not illegal to snorkel there but she's dropped cinder blocks off her dock (which is illegal!) and has a buch of queen and french angels under there and calls them "her pets" and think we're gonna take them. She also has this damn golden retriver that barks it's head off if you get within 500ft of the dock no matter how quiet we are he sees my dad's boat.

the porblem is I don't have the money for the stuff to set it up and it would be really hard to collect were I wanted because there is this lady that lives there (it's a bunch of rocks on a sewall with tons of zoos) and she's called the cops on me and lilredneckman for snorkeling there and is know buildin on to her house. It's not illegal to snorkel there but she's dropped cinder blocks off her dock (which is illegal!) and has a buch of queen and french angels under there and calls them "her pets" and think we're gonna take them. She also has this damn golden retriver that barks it's head off if you get within 500ft of the dock no matter how quiet we are he sees my dad's boat.

What seawall?

Nick's Reef
What seawall?

Just north of sailfish marina by palm beach inlet. look for a sunken boat lift and just hop in there then swim north. You gotta have a boat tho unless you want to swim from blue heron bridge.

Just north of sailfish marina by palm beach inlet. look for a sunken boat lift and just hop in there then swim north. You gotta have a boat tho unless you want to swim from blue heron bridge.

Ill have to check it out, thats not too far from where my dad's boat is...at CannonSport. Ill have to check it out one day on the whaler....if you ever see this CameronsBDayedit3.jpg

be sure to stop me!

Nick's Reef
Ill have to check it out, thats not too far from where my dad's boat is...at CannonSport. Ill have to check it out one day on the whaler....if you ever see this CameronsBDayedit3.jpg

be sure to stop me!

Hey that looks like my whaler cept mine isn't blue on the inside, has a trolling motor and an old 35 horse evinrude. my dad has a 17 key west bayboat. You'll almost never see my whaler out during the day since i use it mostly for flyfishing for snook at night and man is that fun!

Nick's Reef
You do know that anyone living on the ocean owns the ocean? ;)

Oh really??? i thought that florda law stated they ony owned 50ft and every side of their dock or something like that and i never get that close unless i'm snook fishing at night, then i have to get really close since my flyfishing skills ain't the best. :mellow:

I meant the whole ocean. I was just kidding. The laws need a lot of work. The way some people act, they think they own the entire ocean, beaching/access laws aside.

johnmaloney

Those people are terrible. Fly a dive flag, and tell them to call the cops. If you are in the water, and not underneath their docks, they can't say boo. Remember to mention that she has been dumping in that ocean. I go on "private beaches" all the time. Stay below the hide tide line and they can't day anything but they will. I always tell them to call the cops please and have them sort it out.

Living in Jupiter for a long time, you see the new people buying up the land, and they just have different ideas of what it means to be a part of this coastal community.

I don't get it. Why would people care if someone was diving in the water near their property?

Because they have nothing better to do and need to think they are important by owning the intracoastal. Its kinda of scary/sad

There is a guy near me who owns the lot near the public boat ramp. He seems to hate people. He used to do everything he could to mess with anyone who used the ramp or the stretch of beach in front of his house. He got into physical fights and vandalized cars. It was very tempting for the locals to do bad things to his property. I quietly watched and waited. Patience grows with age my fwiend. He started storing boats on the beach. Some were registered and some unregistered. He collected used boats like rednecks collect old cars in their yard. I advised everyone who would listen to call the police and complain. He denied the unregistered boats were his. The cops nodded and took notes. The locals listened. When the cops left locals stripped the hell out of all the boats that were unregistered because the cops said they were abandoned property. Anchors, gas cans, outboards, lines, fittings all went bye bye. The cops eventually called the DNR since it was the beach was their area to enforce. The registered boats all received large 8 1/2" by 11" laminated citations zip tied to their deck. No telling the judge, "I never got the tx dude." Karma can be hell but when you try to intimidate an entire community you just arent going to win.

Nick's Reef
Those people are terrible. Fly a dive flag, and tell them to call the cops. If you are in the water, and not underneath their docks, they can't say boo. Remember to mention that she has been dumping in that ocean. I go on "private beaches" all the time. Stay below the hide tide line and they can't day anything but they will. I always tell them to call the cops please and have them sort it out.

Living in Jupiter for a long time, you see the new people buying up the land, and they just have different ideas of what it means to be a part of this coastal community.

The last time she called the cops on me and lilredneckman ther cop goes "you kids ain't doing nothing wrong, have nice day." The look she got on her face was priceless, it was like I'll get you sooner or later. i also hate people who shut their dock lights off when you fish it for snook, they think I'll leave, but the truth is most of the time I don't cause the fish are still there. There's this one guy that went so far theat he put an empty beer keg on a chain and strung it from his dock to a palm tree in his yard so nobody could go past it to fish his dock. It really ticked me off since there were some big snokk in there. I'm fine with the people who come out on their dock and kindly ask you if you could leave. But i think calling the cops goes a little to far.

Here in MI I fish by docks for bass all the time. I get right up on them and sometimes hit and catch the boats and dock with my lure. I've never had anyone say anything. It's because of all the "white heads" in Florida, they have nothing better to do then yell at people if they get near their property.

Ranks up there with stories of shotguns being used while people are getting their bag limit of rock lobster. Idle hands....and minds....

• 2 weeks later...
johnmaloney

You would be surprised how many people that live on the beach think they own the water. I get it, it is a property right issue, and I respect other people's property. But it is not their property they are complaining about, it is public property, and they knew that when they bought the land. I don't tell them not to use the streets they drive on, and I am sure I got more reason to complain about that. AARGH those people are annoying. I had a lady complain that I was near her condo the other day, snorkeling. She sent the boat patrol out their to harass me. Me and the cop exchanged fishing stories and went on our way. Got to love it that the police here are always nice to honest fisherman.

On a side note...any news on the stomies?

gulfsurfer101

That's why I'm glad they diecided on not building large codo's like you'll find in florida locally in order to preseve it's natural presence. I've even thought about growing my own stuff out there and if anybaody goves me trouble over it they can K!$$ my A$$ because I put it there in the first place. I've been looking for a totaaly unnatractive spot in the water locally to grow some zoas and not have to worry about somw local retard harrasing me about what I'm doing in the water. I don't believe one person has royalty over the water they just happen to live closer to it than me. So long as your not trespassing I believe your in your right and are able to do whatever you feel is right.

Nick's Reef
On a side note...any news on the stomies?

nope, all the ones I was trying to breed died and for some reason I cn't find any in my aquapod anymore! I don't know what to tell ya, if you really want some I can try to get as many as i can out of my mom's tank since I put a few in hers and the multiply like rabbits.

Here in MI I fish by docks for bass all the time. I get right up on them and sometimes hit and catch the boats and dock with my lure. I've never had anyone say anything. It's because of all the "white heads" in Florida, they have nothing better to do then yell at people if they get near their property.

Ahemm.... They're not called "white heads". The preferred term is "blue-hair", as in: "Them damn blue-hairs need to learn how to drive, or move back up North!"

Archived