Cultivated Reef

Roxy's shallow tank

roxy25

Where have you been? I didn't see you at MAX... :tears: How's the sis and b/f doing?? lol!

In school same o same I was at max but I was in and out. (To many people have issuse with me :lol: )

Sister is good she got her show dog Enzo ( red standard poodle) bf is great too

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what bulb I have in fixture BF said its a 14k ( he owned the light and sold it to friend , friend sold it back to us lol) Its too blue and I don't like it at all.

I see a BIG different in color on corals !!!!! I will post some pics later tonight

BF needs to give you more info on equipment he gives you. :P

What tank is that again?? Looks custom?

BF needs to give you more info on equipment he gives you. :P

What tank is that again?? Looks custom?

Well I am going to get a new bulb via bf lol

Its a custom tank Matt look at first pages lol

Well I am going to get a new bulb via bf lol

Its a custom tank Matt look at first pages lol

Oh well that's good then! :)

You know I'm too lazy for that! :P:lol:

Ok, for you I'll do it!

AdriftQuasar

I'm glad the DIY lighting stand worked out for you. I plan to use that idea too so I can go back to being topless.

I'm glad the DIY lighting stand worked out for you. I plan to use that idea too so I can go back to being topless.

Yes thanks again for that article it was very easy to make.

Here is a shot of some of my palys nothing fancy took this pic with crappy point n shoot as you can see i can barely use It lol

SNC19708.jpg

PotysGSXR

OMG. How the HELL did I miss this thread?

R, I'm gonna have to ask you to keep all of your frags until I move back (whenever that is)! I NEED THEM!!!

:)

OMG. How the HELL did I miss this thread?

R, I'm gonna have to ask you to keep all of your frags until I move back (whenever that is)! I NEED THEM!!!

:)

HAHAHA whats up Paul ?

Thanks everyone ,

I hope to fill up the tank soon with more stuff.

I keep having problems with the return pump !!!1 i have a maxijet 900 or 1200 I forgot and it seems to barely push water ... I even cleaned it once but its still barely moving I will get some video later tonight

PotysGSXR

If you're using a maxijet for your return/flow, I think that's pretty undersized for the tank. If not, then perhaps there's a malfunction with the unit itself. Do you have any other maxijets lying around that you can test with for comparison?

If you're using a maxijet for your return/flow, I think that's pretty undersized for the tank. If not, then perhaps there's a malfunction with the unit itself. Do you have any other maxijets lying around that you can test with for comparison?

'

Yean I have a 606 to test but I think i tried a maxijet 1200 ad it was too fast. Right now its a 900 inside the return area

Kerry, you sure it's a 900 you have and not a 600 or worse yet a 400?? :scarry:

LOL I am sure I will check later today , but i always seem to have this problem when the pump has started to run good for a few months then barely pushes water !

I am kind of temped to take the pump out of the aqua euro aquarium and us it on main tank.

So you don't think good coloration is possible under T5HO lighting? That's discouraging for me, as I would like to start collecting different Zoanthids like yourself.... I have a sundial 4x24W.

lakshwadeep
So you don't think good coloration is possible under T5HO lighting? That's discouraging for me, as I would like to start collecting different Zoanthids like yourself.... I have a sundial 4x24W.

:huh: I don't think she said T5s can't give you good coloration. From what I read, they were bleaching some of her zoas. If you have seen some online vendors' coral pics, they often use heavy T5 actinic supplementation to boost fluorescence.

:huh: I don't think she said T5s can't give you good coloration. From what I read, they were bleaching some of her zoas. If you have seen some online vendors' coral pics, they often use heavy T5 actinic supplementation to boost fluorescence.

Yes the T5's fixtures I had where not enough to get zoa growth. I would have to buy the current usa 20" fixture for good growth. T5 will grow anything and the color will look stunning but you need to get the right fixtures for the size thank you have.

When I get my new tank up it will be 36 long and I will be running a 8 bulb tek fixture :D

Yes the T5's fixtures I had where not enough to get zoa growth. I would have to buy the current usa 20" fixture for good growth. T5 will grow anything and the color will look stunning but you need to get the right fixtures for the size thank you have.

When I get my new tank up it will be 36 long and I will be running a 8 bulb tek fixture :D

Ahh, sorry still new. I interpreted it wrong. Thanks for clearing it up for me! Love the zoa collection! :)

Ok the pump is a 900 I put a 1200 in and it was pushing the water out too fast.

Anyways i bought two editions

A cleaner shrimp and gobie

_MG_4274.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived