Coral Vue Hydros

AirAngel's 24g AquaPod Adventure

airangel

Hey Thanks...you're doing great things with yours as well. :)

I've got more pics, too lazy to get them out of the camera. Working on the mini tank plans, getting all psyched up. Never was with this tank since it was a total fluke and totally unplanned.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New FTS June 15th.....FTSjune15.jpg

Added a 2 headed frogspawn (will go in the pico tank when tank's ready)

The unnamed coral on a piece of live rock I got is Leptastrea...its a flat green coral on one end of the rock, there is also a small patch of GSP on the rock as well. The rock houses my large Hammer.

Added a few small frags of Monti Caps....the red/orange one seems to have walked off (sigh) but the purple seems content. I've glued them to LRR. Also about 6 heads of Acan new to the tank.

ClamAcanPCap.jpg

My Pulsing Xenia has decided it liked the back wall vs the rock it was on, it set out two stalks which I clipped off the main colony, looks strange just seeing 2 stalks stuck to the wall.

Swapped out my small Frag Mag for a medium...so much more room now.

Clammy the Crocea has joined my tank, currently on the sandbed.

Clammy.jpg

150w Sunpod is due tomorrow....c'mon FedEx c'mon

150w Sunpod is due tomorrow....c'mon FedEx c'mon

Oh boy!! You must be on pins and needles!! Can't wait to see it on your tank, as it looks fantastic already!

Eagerly awaiting pics...

TheCuban1040

Lookin good Ellen! That clam looks way cooler than mine, I'm jealous. Make sure you ease everybody in to that new Sunpod. Maybe put some egg crate over the tank to dim it a little as it's a decent jump up from your 70W.

I just ordered a pico too! 3G should be showing up this week.

Hey Jeff

Yeppers pins & needles!!! Hoping my mesh will work. I'd love to hang the thing but nope, not gonna happen Tank looks better in person, too dang washed out in my pics (on my screen anyhow). Photo skills are not me obviously-definitely user error.

Wondering on your thread why you had to do that MJ mod...why it didn't hook up to the tubing as is with the goodies in the box. .

Hey Luis

Thanks...took advantage of SWSW summer special on clammy. Yes I'm set for the new heat (sunpod not the 106 F we're going thru), got some fiberglass charcoal colored mesh, hoping it will do the trick and not ignite the house on fire. My plans are quite a few layers and leaving them on a week each (gonna be torture) ....debating on dropping the lighting hours to 6 and then up slowly to the 8 they are on now. Guess will see how things go. I don't want to fry anything and the hammers huge and hate to bleach it.

Can't wait to see what you do with your Pico. My threads a bit bare right now, the expected tahitian sand did not arrive today (my mitey mite did) so tank won't get going tomorrow as planned.

Mini Update:

New light arrived on Tuesday. Four sheets of mesh not only was too dark, corals weren't happy, fish weren't happy, I wasn't happy. Slowly removed the sheets....we are all happy now. I'm of course watching to see that nothing fries (bleaches) but today was first full day (8 hr light cycle) w.o the mesh and Clams mantle was way out and he was wide open, the 2 candy canes that looked crappy were puffy and full, everything was looking way better than ever (hopefully will continue to do the same) and oddly, the tank now looks bigger to me.

Will try to add the new FTS with the 150w Sunpod over it. I;m probably going to decrease the lighting period even though things seemed to go well today. I don't want to rush things but the mesh was just not working out, couldnt access the tank easily, and even with 1 sheet on it, the xenia weren't opening up (and they are the highest coral in the tank)

More tomorrow.......

Tank under ***150w MH Sunpod***

Full tank shot as of 6/20/08

FTS6-21150w.jpg

Crocea Clam, Candy Canes etc loving the new wattage

clamcane150w.jpg

I just think it's all beginners luck....doubt it's anything on my part, just keeping my fingers crossed everything does well.

Tank under ***150w MH Sunpod***

Full tank shot as of 6/20/08

FTS6-21150w.jpg

Crocea Clam, Candy Canes etc loving the new wattage

clamcane150w.jpg

I just think it's all beginners luck....doubt it's anything on my part, just keeping my fingers crossed everything does well.

Awesome!

Beginners luck or not, it looks fantastic!

Jeff

Thanks for the kind words. I with the pics were clearer so you could see how it really looks. The tank just looks cleaner, crisper and larger under the new lighting. I'm guessing its the same feeling I had when I ditched the original hood for the 70w Sunpod.

The tank needs to grow into itself. Most of the frags are not showpieces, so there isn't an instant pop to the tank. The hammer and that huge purple shroom do catch your eyes but the other pieces need to grow out.

Not sure which of the small pieces will go into the new Pico Reef, on the sandbed are some small zoanthid colonies & small mushrooms which are definitely leaving this tank.

Ellen,

I completely understand the camera issue! It's a real toss up "Frags or Camera next?" Grrr :)

The 'shroom and hammer do grab, but there's just so much going on! I can really see how things will mature and fill out. I'm really excited to see it develop.

You're clown looks so well adjusted. I hope my new fish people calm down and act more like clowns and less like salmon. Seems like all they can do is park themselves in the corner with the highest flow. Ahh youth. lol

Stay cool and give those fur kids a scratch behind the ears for me...

Heyyyy Ellen! :D

Your tank is looking great under the new wattage. I see a more bluer tint to it. Shucks, I'm thinking of trying that Phoenix myself.

Robin

Jeff, Heidi, Matt, Matt, Robin.....

Aw shucks, thanks. Yes the Phoenix bulb is definitely blue....right now hard to tell if its the bulb or the extra wattage that is making the difference. Fixture also has an unknown 20K bulb as well.

I do have a "better" camera but for life of me, cannot take pics with it. Sony HSC 9 I think. My Kodaks a lot more user friendly.

My clown is about a year or so old, gotten from a reefer leaving the states, he/she is better adjusted to the downsizing of swimming space than when I first added it (came from a 115g).

Pico Reef getting there, slowly. Just dismantled 6.6g guppy tank so now tank has a spot to sit. Tomorrow I hope to get the water in (LFS salted), rocks in and some HOB on it. Snafu with getting lighting to fit on tank is the hold up (that and this heat has gotten me really lazy)

Matt (Phixion) ...yeah right....I LOVE your tanks, major envy.

Heidi...thinking is dangerous. But you know, a good lil tank to stick small frags. Go for it. Whats one more tank eh?

Tank looks great Ellen and with the new light you are not kidding with it looking bigger. Time will allow those corals to fill out and soon you will be fragging to place into the pico I am sure. Can't wait to see as the tank develops more.

Just got a chance to check out the new pix. I can definitely tell the difference in color when looking at the pictures on page 6. None of those corals look very stressed to me, in fact they look pretty darn happy. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Kevin...yes everything looks pretty good since I've moved all the screens off. Lighting time has been the same too, and now Clams off the sandbed on the rock under the Pulsing Xenia. He was beginning to disappear trying to get his foot on the tank bottom.

I'm just amazed at how much larger the tank seems to be.

Archived