Innovative Marine Aquariums

RJ's 24G Aquapod

hoganrj

Tanks looking pretty sweet. Looking at a lot of peoples ap's I now wish I didn't stack my rocks so high. Oh well. How is that Alti's reef? What did you get and for how much? I see you have that soap dish refugium going, does it actually help that much?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Guys.

Nick- Good looking out. that was the easiest way to tyo get rid of that nasty.

Ocho- All of my zoas (9 frags in all each one with more polyps than advertised) except for the large colony in the lower right came from him as well as the toadstool frag in the lower left corner. The original order was about $130, but I got free shipping and 25% off. He worked with my schedule for shipping and everything is taking off. I would deffinately do more with him.

I just added the soap dish yesterday so I am not sure how mush it will help. But I will keep you posted on it.

I'd like to get some Zoos but I don't have much room with my brain and plate. Plus I don't like spending that much at 1 time.

I hear ya. It was an initial order for me at the time. My tank was pretty empty. Now it is starting to fill up and I find myself having to be more selective.

The Zoas look awesome! I can't wait to finish the cycle and get some of those. Have you run into any problems with the Hydor Flo splashing water being that high up? I have the loc line on my still to point the flow in two different directions, but I also have the hydor flo in the box. It would be cool if I could hook up the hydor flo to one end of the loc line, hmmm.

funny you mention that. I thought of trying that as well (hydor on one end of lock line that is). I was skeptical of the Flo at first so I put it on and watched it for a few cycles and did not notice any excesive splashing, also I actually get a lot more flow out of it than the lock line and my corals all seem to be happier with it. Also the amount of detrius has improved since I put it in.

I got the zoas a few weeks ago I recently moved them up in the tank and in the stronger lighting they are taking off and getting big fast!

I actually picked up a really nice yellow Fungia yesterday at my LFS (right next door to home depot...damn) when I was picking up the floss for the new filter set up.

I will post some new pics ASAP.

I did get it done. I have been swamped at work and been getting home too late to take the pics. I will get some up tomorrow!

Yeah post some pics. I would like to see some pice of the filter mod. What are you using for filtration? How many heads does your candy cane have?

Last I counted 20! For the filter mod I pciked up some white egg crate and made shelves. Currently I have filter floss in the middle and two layers of activated carbon on top. My water cleared up within two days of changing to this.

Last I counted 20! For the filter mod I pciked up some white egg crate and made shelves. Currently I have filter floss in the middle and two layers of activated carbon on top. My water cleared up within two days of changing to this.

Thats great to hear. I'm no expert on this but I would think putting some filter floss on the top layer would be a good idea to catch some unwanted debris and crud. It wouldn't have to be too thick and the water would still flow through the carbon and on down. Actually come to think of it, it may not matter too much. Glad to hear you got the mod up and running with some benefits.

It is working pretty well, the carbon ads are lower than the surface of the water so the flow goes into the chamber at the very top as the rest of the greats are blocked off. Then the flow is pulled dwon through the carbon pads and then into the filter floss. the top carbon pad picks up a ton of stuff. and no more surface film at all as of last night! :D

Sweet tank!!!! I like it more then mine!!! Those plates are cool. Are they different or the same one under different lighting?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a pic I got of my Yellow watchman goby. This is his new perch to keep a diligent watch now :P I will have to get the camera out at feeding time, he is comming up and taking food right from the baster now!

post-34338-1207016000_thumb.jpg

Here is a pic I got of my Yellow watchman goby. This is his new perch to keep a diligent watch now :P I will have to get the camera out at feeding time, he is comming up and taking food right from the baster now!

Cool YWG! I really like those guys. I love gobies in general, and he looks like he's right at home in there. Good to hear hes taking food from the baster, my little YCG doesn't take it from the baster yet, but likes to swim around and grab the frozen mysis from the water.

You should get a pistol shrimp fro your watchman, they're very fascinating to watch. :D

I thought about it but just not sure. I don't know too much about them so I don't know what it may conflict with in my tank. I am debating what to add next!

Cool YWG! I really like those guys. I love gobies in general, and he looks like he's right at home in there. Good to hear hes taking food from the baster, my little YCG doesn't take it from the baster yet, but likes to swim around and grab the frozen mysis from the water.

He is very cool, and it is awesome when he comes flying out for feeding. Give your YCG some time I am sure he will, they have a lot of personality from what I have read.

So I came home today and was looking in my tank and I was missing the friendly little prancing of my O. Clown, after searching the tank high and low I noticed my Hydor flow was not spining and that there was barely any water coming out of it. I imediately turned off the pumps and pulled it out. There the little guy was, crunched in a ball stuck in the intake. How he got into the back chamber I do not know! So I was planning on going to the LFS anyway to find a tank mate for him and Henry the YWG. I found a nice matched pair of Percula Clowns, so They came home.... Oh yea. I also picked out 6 nudi's and some eggs I found tobight as well. What a day! :angry:

I also changed the stock POS pump for a MJ that I have been meaniong to switch for a while. At least now there is a grate over the return.

Archived