SaltCritters.com

RJ's 24G Aquapod

hoganrj

That's happened to mine a bunch of times. I have a halide with the glass top that either leaves a gap in the front or the back. I don't remember what kind of light you have. I've had my clown jump back there many times but they were always fine. I had a 6 line wrasse live back there for 4 weeks!!! I also had a Valentini Puffer jump back there and get sucked up and die :angry: . So now I have a piece of stainless steel going over the back so they can't jump. What I noticed with mine is that the clowns sleep at the top back of the tank and might get scared and jump and end up back there.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The MJ pump has the filter over the intake so that shouldn't happen again. How are you doing with your Nudi problem? I found some in my zoas and I picked off what I could find and I will keep a real close eye on them. may have to do a dip though.

The dip seemed to help in both tanks. I think after the dip O found 2 on the glass, but haven't sen any on the zoas. If do you do dip, DON'T DIP ANY PALYS (if you have any). I dipped my rpe's and they were doing bad but look a lot better today.

Good to know, Thanks! I haven't seen any since I picked the few I found out and I also cleaned some eggs off too. I will keep a close eye and dip if needed.

So I came home today and was looking in my tank and I was missing the friendly little prancing of my O. Clown, after searching the tank high and low I noticed my Hydor flow was not spining and that there was barely any water coming out of it. I imediately turned off the pumps and pulled it out. There the little guy was, crunched in a ball stuck in the intake. How he got into the back chamber I do not know! So I was planning on going to the LFS anyway to find a tank mate for him and Henry the YWG. I found a nice matched pair of Percula Clowns, so They came home.... Oh yea. I also picked out 6 nudi's and some eggs I found tobight as well. What a day! :angry:

I also changed the stock POS pump for a MJ that I have been meaniong to switch for a while. At least now there is a grate over the return.

Sorry to hear about the clown man, I know how you feel after losing my little buddy. Good to see you have some new additions with the pair of Perculas. I hope I avoid nudi's for a while. I've been doing a lugols iodine dip on zoas I pick up to avoid it hopefully.

I actually lost the male clown a few days after I brought them home, He wasn't looking so great in the store but I thought he may come back once in my tank oh well....The female is right at home though. and very happy.

As far as the nudibranch go. I haven't seen any since, I have been looking daily. So far so good.

Picked up my First Ric today. Nice orange and purple with a sweet green mouth. Also it looks like it is about to split. Will get pics up soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, It's been a while so I wanted to post some new pics. My Duncan that I got a few weeks ago is growing new heads like crazy/ As of today it has four new ones. The pics shows a few. Also I added a couple of rics and a new six line. Here are some new shots!

post-34338-1208822245_thumb.jpg

post-34338-1208822253_thumb.jpg

post-34338-1208822264_thumb.jpg

post-34338-1208822272_thumb.jpg

Hows the sixline doing with your clown? I have been going back and forth on getting one, I love how they look and their personalities, but I keep hearing about them being little terrors to other fish too.

I had a 6 line and it was a terror to my clowns. I had to get rid of him. Just letting you know...

This is what i've been hearing... I don't want to terrorize my little YCG and clowns, I gotta find another alternative I think. Thanks

I like your Duncan too RJ, now I gotta get one too, lol.

This is what i've been hearing... I don't want to terrorize my little YCG and clowns, I gotta find another alternative I think. Thanks

I like your Duncan too RJ, now I gotta get one too, lol.

Honestly, My Clown and the 6 line are very friendly with each other, they usually spend a lot of time swimming next to each other. And My Yellow Watchman actually chases the 6 line when it gets too close to his caves. So far so good.

Thanks for the compliments on the duncan. They are just awesome. I love watching them eat. Also the duncan has two new heads....new count 6!!! :D

• 5 weeks later...

So I know it has been a whle but things have been pretty much on cruise control. I have added a frogspawn and yesterday I was a little impulsive. I picked up a Longnose hawkfish at my LFS. He is very cool and is still looking for his favortite perch. I am keeping a close eye on him with my hermits and my Cleaner. So far so good. I hope to get some pics up soo. The growth I have had is amazing in such a short time.

Here are some new pics. I re-arranged the scape a little to acomodate the new Frogspawn. Also seems like the Kenya is happier, his color came back since I moved it. Also the mushrooms got huge. i have had these since I started my tank. Hope you like them.

post-34338-1212276960_thumb.jpg

post-34338-1212276970_thumb.jpg

post-34338-1212276979_thumb.jpg

post-34338-1212276989_thumb.jpg

post-34338-1212277004_thumb.jpg

petkingdom619

looks pretty cool. is that stock lighting you have. I been wanting a candycane .. how is yours doing , how do you go about feeding it?

Hi, Thanks for the compliments. I do have the stock PC lighting still. I have had the Candy cane for probably about 3 months now. it has been doing great. As far as feeding I do spot feed it once a week with reef plankton. It is cool to watch it open up and eat!

It's looking good! I'm getting my AP 24 tomorrow and I'm so excited!!! :)

I hope I can do as well as you have with yours.

Thanks Trinidad. Just remember to be patient in the begining. It is a great tank to start with. This is my first salt water tank and I find it to be addictive. Best of luck with yours!!!

Ocho Cinco
It's looking good! I'm getting my AP 24 tomorrow and I'm so excited!!! :)

I hope I can do as well as you have with yours.

I have one 2 and it was my first tank. Now I'm upgrading to a 80 gallon. Keeping the 24 of course!

How has the 80 gallon been coming along? I have been trying to keep up with it. I ordered some Acans from Mr. Coral over the weekend as a 5 month B-day to my tank. They should be here tomorrow. Can't wait.!!!

Ocho Cinco
How has the 80 gallon been coming along? I have been trying to keep up with it. I ordered some Acans from Mr. Coral over the weekend as a 5 month B-day to my tank. They should be here tomorrow. Can't wait.!!!

It's going good. I think I'm finally on auto pilot until it cycles, which is nice but I;m sure in a few days I'll be wanting to add stuff. Ah! That reminds me I was supposed to post some pics of my new acans, but never did. I'll have to do that tomorrow along with pics of the 80.

I got my shipment today from Mr. Coral. All I can say is Awesome. The Acan I ordered is better than the pic on his site. I also picked up a sweet frag of the blues clues zoa and scored two more frags for free!!!! Looks like a sweet Favia and another acan frag! Thanks Sonny!!! I will get some pics up when they are alittle more aclimated. omgomgomg

Archived