Top Shelf Aquatics

dshnarw BIOTOPE

dshnarw

The waiting is nerve-wracking, isn't it???

I went through the same thing a year ago and I know exactly how you feel.

I was in a bidding war as well and I WON!!! We love our house, I'm so glad we got it.

When is the deadline for them to respond to you?

Incredibly. This is the third property that we have gotten to the making an offer stage. The first one we didn't get to make an offer on because a pipe burst in the wall to the bathroom on the second floor (townhome) leaving inches of water standing on each floor before anyone noticed, the entire thing had to be gutted.

The second one we put in an offer and then got a call saying that someone else had put in an offer for way more than we could compete with, someone really wanted that house.

Then finally this last one, our Realtor said that they are supposed to chose an offer by tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it won't go into a bidding war because we are near our limit for what we are willing to pay for the property since so much work needs to be done. I hope they let us know soon I am sick of this waiting.

My prayers are with you! God knows which house is best for you. Weetie lost several houses she loved & ended up with one she liked. Now that they are in it, they love it. It has everything she wanted. Keep us posted.

Thank you so much for your prayers. I have been praying about it constantly since we put in the offer. We will.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MOVE TO CA.

:lol: Amber says no...she's not a fan of earthquakes and such.

You can move here though...cheaper housing, less traffic...you can send mini carpets ahead of time for me to...ummm..."hold" for you ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Was playin with my new camera...and found SUPERMACRO!!!!!!!!!!

First aquarium shot attempt, lunar eclipse paly under actinics only. Got a small colony, but i dunno if they'll stay in this tank or not:

IMG_6358.jpg

Needreefunds
Was playin with my new camera...and found SUPERMACRO!!!!!!!!!!

First aquarium shot attempt, lunar eclipse paly under actinics only. Got a small colony, but i dunno if they'll stay in this tank or not:

IMG_6358.jpg

:eek:omgomgomg:o:bowdown:

:eek:omgomgomg:o:bowdown:

:D

Sweet....what camera do you have?

thanks...that was with my brand spankin new rebel xsi with the 18-55 kit lens and a 35-85 canon lens reverse "mounted" (handheld)

most of the others were with my powershot g9

Those are some amazing macro shots. I've got the Cannon Rebel XT and can't get anything close to that!

He's using funky Camera Geek tricks. ;)

Have you figured out how to use the live view zoom for macros yet?

Go to live view and zoom in with the buttons you use to zoom in and out review mode, you can get your focus perfect!

Those are some amazing macro shots. I've got the Cannon Rebel XT and can't get anything close to that!

Thanks! If you have two lenses, use one as normal, and hold the other up in front of it backwards. Takes a bit of practice, and there's a lot of moving parts to mess with, but it's not bad to get the hang of.

He's using funky Camera Geek tricks. ;)

:P Camera Geek...thats me :D

Have you figured out how to use the live view zoom for macros yet?

Go to live view and zoom in with the buttons you use to zoom in and out review mode, you can get your focus perfect!

i'll have to remember that...i haven't figured out live view yet though :lol: Really sucks tryin to get the right focal point. Last shot was at f/15, and still not all of the front paly is crisp...and I cant hold something longer (1/15 sec) without bad blur.

If I ever get the front glass cleaned, I'm gonna try some more with the hammer coral :D

I wish he'd share said "tricks"!!! :happy:

see above :P

I'll find a linkey

edit: here's on example of said technique: http://stephenelliot.com/2007/05/15/revers...raphy-tutorial/

OMG you have to go do this right now!!!!! :scarry:

1. Put the camera on "P" on the mode knob

2. Press the middle button in the center of the wheel to the right of the screen to turn on live view

3. Press the zoom in button on the upper right side just under the knob that "auto" and "p" and the other scene modes are on. You can zoom in a lot to see your exact focus without having to look at the shot and zoom in after the pic!

4. Make sure you are using a tripod, and manual focus, and check out how precise you can get those macros!!!!

5. Send me some of those awesome palys! :D

You have no idea how cool this is!

OMG you have to go do this right now!!!!! :scarry:

1. Put the camera on "P" on the mode knob

2. Press the middle button in the center of the wheel to the right of the screen to turn on live view

3. Press the zoom in button on the upper right side just under the knob that "auto" and "p" and the other scene modes are on. You can zoom in a lot to see your exact focus without having to look at the shot and zoom in after the pic!

4. Make sure you are using a tripod, and manual focus, and check out how precise you can get those macros!!!!

5. Send me some of those awesome palys! :D

You have no idea how cool this is!

I'll have to try that out!

It'll be a while on the palys though...only 13 polyps and some babies so far.

Thanks for the link bro!!!

DAMN... I only have ONE lens!!! Foiled again!!! :lol:

sure thing. :D

:lol: Only reason I have 2 is my mother-in-law has a film rebel :D She sent me one of hers.

• 3 weeks later...

Biotope has been moved to the new house. Now resides in a 100g stock tank temporarily until I get everything moved in and settled. Then, minis will go to a new prop tank, other biotope stuff will go to some as yet undetermined tank, and the 100g tank will be a fuge and/or BTA prop tank.

Temp holding tank:

IMG_7213.jpg

IMG_7211.jpg

IMG_7210.jpg

IMG_7209.jpg

IMG_7208.jpg

and some new inhabitants i got yesterday:

IMG_7201.jpg

IMG_7204.jpg

one had a weirdo mouth...cropped from above:

ZOOM.jpg

IMG_7200.jpg

IMG_7195.jpg

IMG_7207.jpg

Oh hey.... I just realized, that I'm sending you anemones, which means..... :drumroll please:

YOU should send ME anemones! (aka, minicarpets. Kthx)

:)

Wierdo mouth should go to operation smile..

Or you could always give it to... I dunno, me?

Jk! That's still so funny.

u send me monehz, i send u zoaz ;)

Wowz..... send me some plz, kthnxbye.

NO :P

Oh hey.... I just realized, that I'm sending you anemones, which means..... :drumroll please:

YOU should send ME anemones! (aka, minicarpets. Kthx)

:)

what you makin jer send?????

and i thought i was sendin you a red cw nem??

Let play I spy!! I'll start I just marked all of the mini's I could find in the picture.

IMG_7208-1.jpg

you missed a bunch :P

:P Your turn then. :P:lol::D

meh...3 more near the red mini, 2 under/near the sargassum that was unfortunately covered in red algae, one more between the sargassum and the rock with the red mini, one of the left side of the pic on one of the three rocks with no dots, and 2 on the opposite side of the tank near the btas. those are all the ones i can see in pics.

Archived