Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

dshnarw BIOTOPE

dshnarw

there's some weird pixellation going on in the goby photo

yeah, I can't figure it out. It isn't there in the original file.

EDIT: Nevermind - I think I screwed up the rese. Hopefully better now?

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the composition & monochromatic look of that pic. :)

--Diane

Thanks. I think it's my best POTM attempt thus far

Diane, do you know what these flowers are?:

white.jpg

I sent pics of both the white and blue color to my mother, and she was hoping they could go in her flowerbed, but I forgot to look at the sign next to them.

Damn Dshnarw you have some serious photography skills.

Thanks!

I finally worked up the nerve to post a few photos on photoforum.com and get reactions. I put the white flower I just reposted and the dandelion up, and just waiting to see.

I think my mom is going to show them to her neighbor (a photographer) and see what kinda advice he has as well.

bg22.jpg

(Too bad the N-R photo mod doesn't show that one's true dimensions...)

Thats okay...we can get around that. (did some editing as well) Click on the pic:

widescreen.jpg

Thanks. I think it's my best POTM attempt thus far

Diane, do you know what these flowers are?:

white.jpg

I sent pics of both the white and blue color to my mother, and she was hoping they could go in her flowerbed, but I forgot to look at the sign next to them.

Thanks!

Sorry, no...:blush:

I finally worked up the nerve to post a few photos on photoforum.com and get reactions. I put the white flower I just reposted and the dandelion up, and just waiting to see.

I think my mom is going to show them to her neighbor (a photographer) and see what kinda advice he has as well.

You're a braver man than I, Gunga Din!

Thats okay...we can get around that. (did some editing as well) Click on the pic:

widescreen.jpg

Wow, that's really something! Of course, I have to scroll in both directions. :)

--Diane

Old brookside gardens, oh and I haz a sunset monti :P

I take if you've been there?

(I HATE YOU :P)

I HAVE SOMETHING I WANT TO SEND YOU. LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU'RE READY OKAY?

omgomgomg omgomgomg I'M READY!!!!! omgomgomg omgomgomg

Tank's looking better by the day...just SPS issues left, and need some new macroalgaes. But water quality is fine, and everything else is looking good - minis, LPS, zoas.

Sorry, no...:blush:

You're a braver man than I, Gunga Din!

Wow, that's really something! Of course, I have to scroll in both directions. :)

--Diane

The people at photoforum seem pretty nice so far, helpful. Only a few that lack tact and class, but nothing beyond what you'd normally get here. So it wasn't too bad. Showing them to the neighbor isn't something I get much choice in - my mom will do it whether I "let" her or not. But he should be a pretty good read on what to work on.

You should see that pic at full-size. It looks MUCH better, and it's 3 times the size I could load onto NR.

Goofy thing of the day:

overflow.gif

That's interesting!

If only they could come up with an effect that made the water appear to be running...:D

Re photo forum: also, sometimes opinions are just that. (Note--that doesn't mean anyone in particular, as it's been a long time since I've peeked in there.)

--Diane

That's interesting!

If only they could come up with an effect that made the water appear to be running...:D

Re photo forum: also, sometimes opinions are just that. (Note--that doesn't mean anyone in particular, as it's been a long time since I've peeked in there.)

--Diane

:lol: Thats kinda the effect I was hoping for when I started it, but it didn't quite work.

I don't think there's many "right" and "wrong" ways to do photography really - it's more art than anything else. So I don't put too much stock in opinions, but I do like knowing what others find appealing, or unappealing in a picture. Doesn't mean ya gotta listen to them though (or Dali would really just be a crazy guy with a funny mustache, and Hemmingway would just be a drunk man with a pencil...although I tend to agree with that one).

Anyhoo...I tried a new technique that jeremai and lalani have been helping me figure out in the photog. forum, where I've posted a few of them.

Mostly more pics from Great Falls and some from late-late night on campus.

One shot here, and others in the new slideshow: http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t109/ar...mview=slideshow

bldg_HDR_x.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Anyhoo...I tried a new technique that jeremai and lalani have been helping me figure out in the photog. forum, where I've posted a few of them.

Mostly more pics from Great Falls and some from late-late night on campus.

One shot here, and others in the new slideshow: http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t109/ar...mview=slideshow

bldg_HDR_x.jpg

Many of those are just incredible! Hmm...maybe I'll have to check out that thread...

--Diane

• 2 weeks later...
Needreefunds
hi.gif

We know you are having a blast with the new camera.

Could you, maybe , point it at the tank now and then? :huh:

K-thanks! ;)

OK, a bit harsh perhaps.

But, seriously, How is this tank doing Daniel?

( BTW, Weetie says Hi! ^^^see?^^^)

We know you are having a blast with the new camera.

Could you, maybe , point it at the tank now and then? :huh:

K-thanks! ;)

OK, a bit harsh perhaps.

But, seriously, How is this tank doing Daniel?

( BTW, Weetie says Hi! ^^^see?^^^)

Oh hey... :P

Things are going fairly well with the tank. Everything is settled down nicely since the craziness of the last trip I took, moved some things around, cleaned it a bit (most of the SPS have been removed from the tank). Added the new light, and the zoas and the baby plate corals, especially, are going nuts now that they're used to it. I've been leaving it alone for a while, haven't cleaned the glass in a LONG time, so it's covered in various green algaes...can hardly see in it :lol:

One downer...my female clown decided to jump :( I dunno how she did it with the light like it was, but I didn't make it in time. I don't think the male has been sad - he took over the anemone right off the bat. One of my favorite (albeit my meanest) fish that I've ever had.

So I'll get some update pics of the plates, zoas, and mini carpets after I clean and before I leave :P

Ocho Cinco

Maybe a dtupid wuestion, but can you keep those "wild" corals? I know it depends on different laws but is there places out there where you can find them like that and take some? Remember I'm from MI, we don't have stuff like that!!!

Maybe a dtupid wuestion, but can you keep those "wild" corals? I know it depends on different laws but is there places out there where you can find them like that and take some? Remember I'm from MI, we don't have stuff like that!!!

Definitely depends on location. Many coldwater locations in the US are okay (in fact, I plan to collect some stuff from along the east coast for a future coldwater tank - very few places on this side of the country have regulations for collection of coldwater aquarium species). In Florida, there are very strict regulations on what you can/can't take. Hawaii is similar - no take policies on coral from my understanding, but you can legally (with a *free* permit) take fish for your aquarium from anywhere not regulated as a marine preserve/sanctuary/etc (if you're a resident of the state).

I don't know the laws for Singapore (Duncan or Toomin could chime in?), but I'm fairly sure you can't collect there from the wild as a hobbyist - they're VERY strict on coral collection for the industry, so I doubt they're lenient with individual hobbyists.

HI!!!!

So when's the Big Day???

grad talk? May 22

flying home? May 27

Hawaii? June 2

oh...did you mean wedding?? :P

June 1st...still too far

This thread needs more pics...........................Of the tank! :D

Please! I asked nice and I really like your tank!

grad talk? May 22

flying home? May 27

Hawaii? June 2

oh...did you mean wedding?? :P

June 1st...still too far

Only 19 more days!! :lol::D

and there are a few other big days

Graduation May 10 (already passed)  Woohoo no more school for me!! :happydance:omgomgomg:happydance:

Last section of the CPA Exam to take May 20

See Daniel for the first time in 9 1/2 weeks May 27! :happydance:omgomgomg:happydance:

Start new job July 2 :o

Graduation May 10 (already passed)  Woohoo no more school for me!! :happydance:omgomgomg:happydance:

See Daniel for the first time in 9 1/2 weeks May 27! :happydance:omgomgomg:happydance:

Yowza!!!

What's the new job???

Congrats on graduation, btw.

Wow, Amber, that told us a lot in not too many words! Congrats on everything! :D

Daniel--why'd you remove all the sps? What did you do with them?

--Diane

Archived