ReefCleaners.org

Weetie's Aquatic Ramblings & Lounge

Weetabix7

lol. you caught that pretty quick, I fixed it as soon as I refreshed. nr was being buggy.

I'm starting to contemplate a dorm pico or AIO now that i'm seeing some of the other ones here. Any ideas for a cheap fixture or aio? I even have some empty tanks and pumps and other stuff already, I just need a good fixture for a great price.

Deleted User 6

I'd do a PAR38. Low maintenance option for a dorm tank (no evap from heat, no need to change bulbs). They're only like $88 now too, or you could check with some of the newcomers to the market other than nanotuners.

Other than that, maybe a 2 bulb nova extreme T5 unit?

I would like an LED, but its not in the budget at the moment. If things go the way I want this summer, then i'll set this project back till the fall and do an awesome job. (i'll be finding out if i'll have the opportunity to be heading to washington state this summer tomorrow! :scarry:fingerscrossed)

I just posted a WTB add on my local forum back home and i'll see what offers I get.

and honestly seeing some of the MH tanks here, I may want to go that way while i'm not paying the electric :D on the other hand I want to go with something small, under 3 gallons.. I do have a pentagon tank that I was building at home... I could do something with that... hmmm. and maybe a DIY T5 since I have spare bulbs.... oooh I think I know what i'm gonna do!

the 2 bulb T5s you can usually score pretty cheap.

I'll look in to those too. I dont remember the exact dimensions tho. I think It could be around 12" I have a choice, standing the tank up and making to 12" tall and a 6"x6" base (well pentagon really) or laying it on its side and having it 12" long and 6" deep and how ever tall one side is tall. I need to draw pichurs...

3g Tom's "not sure of name". For $50 you get a tank, light, and filter. Its a great little setup and the light is surprisingly strong and works well for LPS and softies. I have pictures of mine in my old thread which is around here somewhere.

Oh and Weets :wub: your my hero :flower:

lol :)

ok here is my terrible rendition in google docs of what i'm talking about:

Drawing.jpg

the top shape it the pentagon form. the bottom messes are the two possible orientations. I can silicone in the front central pane and have the pentagon become the base. or I could glue in the second pentagon ont the other side and lay it down sideways and have this funky opening which would limit the max fill line. I'm leaning to the sideways orientation because I like long tanks... any opinions?

Good Morning W L !!!
Good morning Richie! Nice to see everyone posting in the WL this morning, minus all of the BS from over the weekend. Thanks for getting things under control Ray.

Where is Tyler?!? How's he doing?

Good morning Richie! Nice to see everyone posting in the WL this morning, minus all of the BS from over the weekend. Thanks for getting things under control Ray.

Howdey!

Where is Tyler?!? How's he doing?

Had a Birfday yesterday- prolly hungover :P