Innovative Marine Aquariums

Oceans upgrade. Now 5 gallon reef.

constantocean

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you want to sell the top to your Tom when you get your new tank?

I just picked one up for next to nothing but I need a top for it. My Cat Loves Fish :-)

constantocean
Do you want to sell the top to your Tom when you get your new tank?

I just picked one up for next to nothing but I need a top for it. My Cat Loves Fish :-)

It's pretty ghetto made, for what it would cost to ship the thing you could make yourself one for $10 from home depot scrap wood. I am far from a master craftsmen, It isn't too pretty, just serves its purpose of hiding the filter and fuge light.

However, if you are still interested after hearing that, I would be willing to send it to you for only the cost of shipping.

It's pretty ghetto made, for what it would cost to ship the thing you could make yourself one for $10 from home depot scrap wood. I am far from a master craftsmen, It isn't too pretty, just serves its purpose of hiding the filter and fuge light.

However, if you are still interested after hearing that, I would be willing to send it to you for only the cost of shipping.

I apreciate the offer, But I was talking about the clear plastic lid it comes with :P

at least I thought they came with one.

constantocean
Thanks for the measurments, the tank is looking great. What are the current inhabitants?

welcome!

current inhabitants include:

1 peppermint shrimp (was introduced to clean up an aiptasia outbreak which is now under control, but I have grown to like him and don't want to get rid of him now!)

1 sexy shrimp

1 trimma goby

and 2 astrea snails

and all the coral you see in the pics, some detached scatter mushrooms, a neon green trumpet, a detached scattered kenya tree, green star polyps, and about 10 different types of zoanthids.

I apreciate the offer, But I was talking about the clear plastic lid it comes with :P

at least I thought they came with one.

OOH! that thing! haha yeah okay, you can definitely have that I don't even use it.

OOH! that thing! haha yeah okay, you can definitely have that I don't even use it.

Thats Awsome thank you so much! I'll PM you the info.

I bought LED's off you if I remember right B) Memory is the first to go.

constantocean

Thats Awsome thank you so much! I'll PM you the info.

I bought LED's off you if I remember right B) Memory is the first to go.

not me! I have never sold anything on here yet.

constantocean
That tank is beautiful man. Ill get you some pics of mine.

I'm so glad someone other than me is really enjoying it!

Thank you so much for the compliment.

I can't wait to see your pics!

constantocean

some of you may have seen the thread I posted earlier about removing the rim off of my 5.5 gallon after I had it drilled. I realized this would be asking for it to break but wanted to get some other opinions. Then I had the most simple idea that I dont know how it didnt strike me sooner, while it's at the glass shop getting drilled I can have him brace the top! just a thin 1" piece of glass around the top where the rim used to be!

I'm super excited, I can't wait to get my tank back from the glass shop.

some of you may have seen the thread I posted earlier about removing the rim off of my 5.5 gallon after I had it drilled. I realized this would be asking for it to break but wanted to get some other opinions. Then I had the most simple idea that I dont know how it didnt strike me sooner, while it's at the glass shop getting drilled I can have him brace the top! just a thin 1" piece of glass around the top where the rim used to be!

I'm super excited, I can't wait to get my tank back from the glass shop.

Can't wait to see it. Your tank is one of the reasons i'm starting a Pico

constantocean
Can't wait to see it. Your tank is one of the reasons i'm starting a Pico

this is the best compliment anyone can ever receive about their tank! thank you!

constantocean
This is really turning out into a nice zoa garden! Where's your new sexy? Let's see some pics! :)

I couldn't get a pic of the little guy the other day when I was taking the pics, I could see him, but the camera couldn't. I'm going to a store tomorrow to check out some frags so hopefully I'll have a photo shoot tomorrow night for you guys. My tank STILL hasn't been drilled, I might pick it up and take it somewhere else. I know patience is key with this hobby but I stopped cleaning my tank walls since I was planning on having the new tank up and can barely even see into my tank now it's so covered with coralline. I might just pick it up and try to find somewhere else, or pick it up and make myself a DIY overflow box.

Pick up your new tank already! omgomgomg I can't wait to see it all setup.

btw I should have listened to you, this Tom Tank scratchs like CRAZY! ugh :rant:

constantocean
Pick up your new tank already! omgomgomg I can't wait to see it all setup.

btw I should have listened to you, this Tom Tank scratchs like CRAZY! ugh :rant:

hahaha, that tom was such a POS, a light with a bulb that you cant replace.....a tank that scratches when you look at it. It might as well just come with the filter since thats all I got any use out of. I picked up my tank today (NOT drilled) and am taking it somewhere else, I hope to have time to drop it off somewhere else tomorrow, but with tank cleanings I have been super super busy, lots of clients and no time to clean all their tanks.

constantocean

getting angry at glass guys.

so I picked up my tank yesterday since these guys clearly had no intentions of drilling my tank anytime soon. (technically I had two tanks to be drilled, drilling the seahorse tank for a refugium too)

So i take it somewhere else today! At first they are like "we dont drill fish tanks" and I tell them "oh well im from petspetspets and rumor around there is that you guys do. Immediately the guys like OOOOOOH YOURE FROM PETS PETS PETS OKAY! but still tells me he CAN do it but is too busy and I will have to wait til at least next week.

So, there's one more glass place in the area I can try, but they do mostly automotive glass, so I dont know if they'll drill my tank for me either.

Can anyone on here in jersey loan me glass bits or drill these things for me?

I'm thinking I might just take up the lady on ebay who said she'll build me a custom overflow box.

[quote

Dude you Rock! I got the lid today. thank you so much. Need to get some new dremal Bits so I can fit the AC in there. :D

constantocean
[quote

Dude you Rock! I got the lid today. thank you so much. Need to get some new dremal Bits so I can fit the AC in there. :D

glad you got it okay!

constantocean

so a small and sad update:

The sad:

I added tigger pods to my tank to feed my fish and since they swim at the surface when first introduced my fish got so excited that he BOLTED towards the surface and onto my floor (as is my guess, since this is where I found him only a few minutes after feeding my tank).

My peppermint shrimp also died, he was fairly short lived, only lasted about two months.

I was considering getting rid of him anyway as I was fairly certain he was aggravating my sexy shrimp.

The good:

I found a guy in the local reef club who will drill my tank, I just need to go this week to pick up the bulkheads and make an appointment with him. I guess that's the good news.

I also saw the fish that I have wanted forever (a candy cane hi-fin goby) on a supplier list at work and ordered 3 (one for me, two for the store for people to buy, I figured I would share the joy).

Hopefully I can get my 5.5 up ASAP so I have a place to put him otherwise he'll live in the 12 gallon for a little bit.

My tank currently is in a 2.5 gallon AGA cus I couldnt stand the coralline on my deco kit anymore. It actually looks really nice in there because it loosk SO full and I am a big fan of the packed tank look. (while it isnt ACTUALLY packed, just has lots of rock, I love the way this looks) Currently other than coral I just have my sexy shrimp and 2 astreas in my tank.

I have all the parts for my 5.5 (I got black sand, and my return pump) Just need to get those holes drilled and buy the plumbing!

Stay tuned, I never stop adding stuff, in fact I added 4 frags of zoos today (all the same zoo, it was one large rock I had to break into 4 pieces to fit)

constantocean

so almost all of my zoos on the left side of my tank refuse to open, the one frag that does open appears to be vomiting this black stringy substance.

and my trumpet coral ate my sexy shrimp, yes, you read that right.

AAAGGHHH.

I guess all I can do is let the tank ride out its natural cycle and hope everything turns out okay.

I thought it could be zoa-eating nudis so I did a nice comb-over for them and found no traces.

So I thought.........zoa pox? could be? Doesn't seem like it is either. I guess I'll pick up some lugols from work tomorrow and do a quick dip.

I'm not particularly worried, granted I am mad, but I find the best thing to do in these situations is stay calm and wait things out, there's no reason to lose my head over something like $100 of dead zoos. If they do die, I pick them off where I currently have them epoxied onto and replace them with even nicer ones.

Not the end of the world or my tank, just a minor set back.

el fabuloso

Oh no! Sexies are gone again? What are we gonna do with you?! omgomgomg

Seriously though, that sucks. I love zoas but I find them unpredictable and it seems that sometimes they just turn for the worst with no apparent reason. I'm gonna dip what's left of my sickly colonies with Lugol's and see if it makes a difference. Hope your tank gets better!

constantocean
Oh no! Sexies are gone again? What are we gonna do with you?! omgomgomg

Seriously though, that sucks. I love zoas but I find them unpredictable and it seems that sometimes they just turn for the worst with no apparent reason. I'm gonna dip what's left of my sickly colonies with Lugol's and see if it makes a difference. Hope your tank gets better!

thanks man! It could use a good blessing at the moment. I had to tear off two frags today I had, luckily they were two freebies from work, so no big loss. I plan on placing an order with altisreef next week so I'll need the space anyway. I need to get that trumpet out of my tank ASAP as I think it may have eaten the first MIA sexy too. I'd move it to the 12 gallon but theres a sexy in there too. I guess I'll dump it in one of the tanks at work.

Archived