Coral Vue Hydros

Clove Mania !

roxy25

If it was of the ones I hearted then yes lol I don't want more of what I already have I am running out of room :P

GreenLacedfixed.jpg

I need to really see what my stuff looks like under better lighting to even know what I have.

I understand, as you can see by my little basket full of cloves I'm very short on space also. :P

I just bought a new colony of the ones you hearted, so I can frag those. I also bought a 40 polyp colony of atlantis stargazers (drained my bank account on that one). :o

Now go get your new mh bulb, so you can post better photo's! ;)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just bought a new colony of the ones you hearted, so I can frag those. I also bought a 40 polyp colony of atlantis stargazers (drained my bank account on that one). :o

LOL you just couldn't wait ?

Well I am lookning into the bulbs I might just stick with reeflux 12k and call it a day , but I am looking at 20k bulbs.

I should be picking up some more colonies this weekend :o

LOL you just couldn't wait ?

Well I am lookning into the bulbs I might just stick with reeflux 12k and call it a day , but I am looking at 20k bulbs.

I should be picking up some more colonies this weekend :o

20k all the way. Radium and ushio are pretty good.

yeah I will have everything available once it grows more.

MAN I looked in the tank and I think those green ones ( not neon but the solid dull greens ) are green neon tips lmao they are coloring up. Its crazy how corals appear much differently under MH. So I guess I will be fragging my big colony for more room :D

yeah I will have everything available once it grows more.

MAN I looked in the tank and I think those green ones ( not neon but the solid dull greens ) are green neon tips lmao they are coloring up. Its crazy how corals appear much differently under MH. So I guess I will be fragging my big colony for more room :D

It's crazy the different shades of green you'll see under MH, each colony of cloves seem have a different morph.

I think I'm just going to order these yellow tips tonight. They have been impossible to find in my area.

yellowtipped.jpg

Also check out these long yellow tipped from yourreef.com, 15 bucks a polyp.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/y...9_1983_52206706

It's crazy the different shades of green you'll see under MH, each colony of cloves seem have a different morph.

I think I'm just going to order these yellow tips tonight. They have been impossible to find in my area.

yellowtipped.jpg

Also check out these long yellow tipped from yourreef.com, 15 bucks a polyp.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/y...9_1983_52206706

Yeah when I first got my yellow tips they where coming from a tank under stock NC 12. When I put them under my MH they looked like the pic you posted and the pic I posted on first page. The ones at yourreef.com are under 20k or Actinic.

I prefer to have mine under 12-14k with actinic or just straight 12k reeflux. IMO reeflux bulbs produce True colors so I am going to just order one today for my viper.

As you mentioned lack of space in a previous post, here's my basket of cloves. I have green tipped, white cloves with green centers and stargazers in it.

cloves-2.jpg

As you mentioned lack of space in a previous post, here's my basket of cloves. I have green tipped, white cloves with green centers and stargazers in it.

cloves-2.jpg

Get a closer pic of the white ones please lol

I will post pics of my new one when I turn on my light at 12

Atlantis has some awesome frosted white clove frags for around $25, but for some reason I passed them up! :angry:

I'll post new photo's of mine later today also.

Here's a photo of my atl stargazer colony.

Stargazers.jpg

I will trade you for these also I had some when I first started this hobby but they died cause I had roo much flow -_-

This xm 20k bulb is so bright it hurts my eyes

Here are so pics

SNC11531.jpg

SNC11542.jpg

SNC11554.jpg

SNC11557.jpg

SNC11560.jpg

The new ones

This is some kind of orange tip morph not sure if its going to stay like this

SNC11534.jpg

and the all green ones these look so tight under T5's

SNC11545.jpg

SNC11558.jpg

That's what I'm talking about, they glow under 20k. :D

The orange ones are baby stargazers, same kind that atl sells. Are those wild ones?

Here's my small stargazers.

cloves-3.jpg

The orange ones are baby stargazers, same kind that atl sells. Are those wild ones?

What pic are you talking about I will try to get some more today

What pic are you talking about I will try to get some more today

The one below this "The new ones

This is some kind of orange tip morph not sure if its going to stay like this".

The one below this "The new ones

This is some kind of orange tip morph not sure if its going to stay like this".

O ok yes those morphed , they where normal orange tips like a few weeks ago but now they are these white color his whole colony looks like that now. Not sure what caused it butt i took a frag anyways to see what happens in my tank

here are some new pics blurry and color is off sorry

newtank027.jpg

newtank018.jpg

I kind of tossed everything in there I have to fix it all later -_-

newtank022.jpg

newtank023.jpg

I thought his pic was interesting

newtank017.jpg

^^Those are the true yellow tipped cloves.

They're called starburst. :)

By the way do you ever stop by OCaquatics?

I thought you where talking about the first pic I posted .... lol

yes I can frag those I fragged a small piece to test and its already growing the tubing roots.

Nope I only go to OC for Amazing reefs lol I could stop by there what do they have ?

Here's a some what better photo of the stargazers. I think maybe they're a little lighter then yours, but they must be the same kind.

star.jpg

The palys you mentioned must be these ones. Also if you look closely you can see the gold tip clove frag.

gold.jpg

Here's a some what better photo of the stargazers. I think maybe they're a little lighter then yours, but they must be the same kind.

star.jpg

The palys you mentioned must be these ones. Also if you look closely you can see the gold tip clove frag.

gold.jpg

yes those at the bottom

I bought this frosty tip looking cloves off ebay they look orange now with no green center under my lighting , the cloves that look like GSP grow so fast ! I also go these minty lemon/green looking cloves I will try to get pics , its hard getting the coloring accurate with my camera.

I put the yellow rim/tip cloves ( first pic in thread at the top to see if they will color up.)

The green neon tip colony is taking a long time to color up. The polyps at the bottom color up first fors some reason I guess because they are younger in age.

How should one ship cloves ? I never shipped corals before so our swap should be interesting,

When I get cloves I never acclimate them either,

I actually have 2 boxes with the packaging intact that I saved from when I bought cloves on ebay. I could mail it to you then all you would have to do is get a 48hr heat pack.

Archived