Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Clove Mania !

roxy25

What are these and where can I get them? :D

They are from ATL they just called them mystery cloves , but they are not that mysterious lol these are common hitchhikers. they are asking ten per polyp and one polyps is so small I will take pic for size comparison for you guys tonight.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are from ATL they just called them mystery cloves , but they are not that mysterious lol these are common hitchhikers. they are asking ten per polyp and one polyps is so small I will take pic for size comparison for you guys tonight.

Good lord $10/polyp?! Are they still brown or have they colored up at all? Sorry if this has already been talked about and I missed it.

Good lord $10/polyp?! Are they still brown or have they colored up at all? Sorry if this has already been talked about and I missed it.

No its ok all my cloves would look different under MH. these ATL cloves are maroon red pinkish color under 175 watts MH

I just got a new frag of the brightest neon green cloves I've seen so far. Also I traded for these little tiny pink tipped cloves, that I'll get a photo of once I learn how to use my camera better. ;)

clovesanddaisys.jpg

I just got a new frag of the brightest neon green cloves I've seen so far. Also I traded for these little tiny pink tipped cloves, that I'll get a photo of once I learn how to use my camera better. ;)

clovesanddaisys.jpg

Wait hold up what are those cloves in the bottom right ? OMG they are nice We are really going to be best friends ;) . Yeah I had daisy polyps I like them also I will get some later. I have only one polyp of then between my green colony. I also turn the colony around and found 3 polpys of these hot yellow cloves. I hope they stay like that I might frag them off the main colony and watch them grow seperately.

I made 2 frags already and they are sprouting roots lol

Also I Just bought some new cloves I can't wait till they get here. I should have MH over my cloves by Friday also . I will post new pics of them once they color up.

Awesome your going to love the new colors under MH lighting (go for a 20k lamp/bulb)!

I'm actually selling/trading that daisy polyp colony if you want to trade for it. I already have a larger colony that seems to be attaching it's root system to every rock it can find, I didn't realize how fast they spread. It's like gsp in a way.

I'm still looking for the orange tipped cloves (hint, hint), everyone seems to want $10 a polyp..

Awesome your going to love the new colors under MH lighting (go for a 20k lamp/bulb)!

I'm actually selling/trading that daisy polyp colony if you want to trade for it. I already have a larger colony that seems to be attaching it's root system to every rock it can find, I didn't realize how fast they spread. It's like gsp in a way.

I'm still looking for the orange tipped cloves (hint, hint), everyone seems to want $10 a polyp..

I will pass on the daisys they are easy to get my friend will probably give them to me free lol.

well Sad about the orange tips , I still have them but they look WORST than those pics posted they where fine like 2 days ago. So I am watching them closely they are not dead, I am trying to figure out what they are doing, maybe regenerating ? but the new polpys that spread look fine so I am just waiting it may be my old bulb. I have notice the the yellow and orange tips like MH a lot so does this clove I got from reefermadness.

Here's my larger colony, the polyp extension on these are longer because of the higher flow. Also you can see some of the blue arctic cloves.

Daisy.jpg

Here's my larger colony, the polyp extension on these are longer because of the higher flow. Also you can see some of the blue arctic cloves.

Daisy.jpg

WOW those are pretty big. ME likey lol

your blue cloves looks great !, my friend was telling me the color of the blue cloves depend on ALK ? I have seen the blues range in different colors so this may be true.

I will see if I can get accurate color on the neon yellow ones I found. I will post when I get back from lunch.

Ya, they range from grayish blue/purple to bright blue. I also have whitish ones that hitchhiked on that acan rock.

Ah neon yellow tipped? I need those also. ;)

Ya, they range from grayish blue/purple to bright blue. I also have whitish ones that hitchhiked on that acan rock.

Ah neon yellow tipped? I need those also. ;)

they are fully neon yellow ! so cool i just hope they stay like that.

The cloves I am working on getting are the golden flakes, neon yellow tips, and neon green tips. I want the blues But I can get them from my friend so I am too worried about those.

The cloves I just bought are not colorful but they have white tips I only payed 17 bucks for them hahah so I figure why not lol

Man I can't get the color right with my camera but I took a few of the neon yellow ones I found I hope they stay this color

cloves019.jpg

cloves017.jpg

cloves013.jpg

More growth on this frag

cloves018.jpg

Random pics ( forgot to upload orange tips they look so bad)

cloves020.jpg

cloves016.jpg

cloves015.jpg

SEND ME SOME CLOVES HEHE

LOL you have something to trade ? or $$

I actually did a test , the frag I posted showing growth I tossed into my 20 sps tank to see if they would be ok in a lower flow area..... BOY was I wrong they have shriveled up , they did noy like that at all so i placed it back into the clove tank. I just wanted to see what color it was under MH lol. I guess I will have to wait till friday to find out.

I am going to temporally put them in my soon to be new BC 29 with a 150 watt viper.

Let me know when you want to set up a trade, I'm still looking for the yellow laced and those sweet lookin yellowish ones pictured in your first post. ;)

Let me know when you want to set up a trade, I'm still looking for the yellow laced and those sweet lookin yellowish ones pictured in your first post. ;)

Well they have feathered out and are not so yellow under PC I just got them under MH I have frags available now for those :P

Ok updates I moved my babies to my new bc 29 I have a 150 watt viper over it with a phoenix bulb ( which I hate so much ) anyways, with the MH I have discovered some new cloves that where together on one of my bigger colony. Neon green tips they look awesome . I also got some creamish/orange tip cloves. I hate this bulb I should be getting a DE reeflux 12 so I will get better color. Will post pics tonight

Do you have a 10k bulb or something? I would go with 14k or higher for better color.

its 14k bulb I don't like it too white but then again its old lol

Post photo's of those yellow ones if you can, I want to get a frag of those. :)

Ok not the best but here are some they don't look as great if I were to have a 14 or 20k bulb. I should get one from hellolights next week

My mini green centers I call them Mini G's lol

stuff2011.jpg

My new found glories lol the neon tips I was looking all over for

stuff2012.jpg

stuff2007.jpg

More Random shots I hate this bulb !

stuff2006.jpg

The yellows rim/tips I call them sunflowers look kind of whitetish they should pop with new bulb

stuff2005.jpg

My new found glories lol the neon tips I was looking all over for

stuff2012.jpg

Those are the ones I was hoping to trade for the yellow ones, I can do a 10-25 polyp frag of those if you want more. :D

Those are the ones I was hoping to trade for the yellow ones, I can do a 10-25 polyp frag of those if you want more. :D

Wait clarify you confused me :huh:

Wait clarify you confused me :huh:

I have green laced cloves I can frag, I was hoping get a frag of your yellow ones in return for them.

Here's an updated photo of the green laced colony.

GreenLaced.jpg

I have green laced cloves I can frag, I was hoping get a frag of your yellow ones in return for them.

Here's an updated photo of the green laced colony.

GreenLaced.jpg

If it was of the ones I hearted then yes lol I don't want more of what I already have I am running out of room :P

GreenLacedfixed.jpg

I need to really see what my stuff looks like under better lighting to even know what I have.

Archived