inTank Media Baskets

Clove Mania !

roxy25

Those yellow rimmed cloves are my favorite, I've never seen those before I saw your photo of them.

The white cloves are nothing special actually, at $10 a polyp it's not worth it.

Have you seen this site before:

http://www.trieu-exotics.com/cart/index.ph...a74ee0a2e6569c2

They have a nice selection but high prices.

Yeah I got the whole colony for 40 bucks it had like 50-60 polyps. I thought they where badly faded orange tips but when they never colored up i realized it was a different type lol I was actually praying that they did not color up because I never seen those before.

I actually take back what I said about not seeing fuzzy green centers I have but just not in person

I have been to that site but I am sure I can find all of those cloves with out paying those prices so I never tried to order from them lol. I just hit up this ebay seller who has a website called aquaticcollection.com He has some cloves I have been trying to get FOREVER. Hopefully he makes me a frag pack I just emailed him with pictures of what he was selling on ebay.

I stilll want to see the whites lol , some people confuse Anthelia with cloves on the website you posted he has some frosted blue cloves which look like Anthelia but they are label as cloves........

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is an awesome idea for a tank. Very kewl setup. Never really been interested in cloves but you all have some really nice pieces. Interesting in their own right.

Bill

I think these are true gold tipped cloves:GoldTipped.jpg
yes that is the ebay sellers cloves I want HAHHAH we keep responding at the same time !the names are confusing !. Theses where called orange lace cloves a long time ago. But now some people call the green centers with orange tips orange lace :huh: I actually like calling those posted above golden flakes.I had some but they died also :mellow: My friend gave them to me for free !!!!
That is an awesome idea for a tank. Very kewl setup. Never really been interested in cloves but you all have some really nice pieces. Interesting in their own right.Bill
I can not wait to post my new set up for them !!. Yes people don't really know what kind of conditions Clavularia need so not too many can keep them alive. So I think this is why there is not that much interest with them.
looks like you need to topoff your tank....... noob

:lol::D;)

shut up lol dont make me punk you on NR and stop ruining my clove thread !

more pics to come

totallyexoticcorals.com had 4-5+ inch pieces for around $50 (which my lfs sells them for also), so 1+ inch for $40 seems a bit steep.

totallyexoticcorals.com had 4-5+ inch pieces for around $50 (which my lfs sells them for also), so 1+ inch for $40 seems a bit steep.

Yeah it is , I notice a price drop tho. But vivid is expensive !

well I had some one on RC ask me about fragging cloves, So now I have a question for clove owners.

I have notice that there are two types of growth with cloves, it might not be 2 types but maybe because I have mature colonies and then frags.

Take a look

Here are a pic of the yellow tip colony , the stalks grow like moss ( vein like system)

SNC11066.jpg

The cloves from ATL and the orange tips grow like veins also.

I fragged them one time by chipping of the rock , I am not sure if I took a blaze and cut would it live.

Now here is the other type of stalks , they seem to have grown a green or red base thats harder than the fleshy part . With these I can pull them apart or cut one polyp off at the base.

SNC11074.jpg

SNC11070.jpg

I pulled some off with hand

SNC11067.jpg

single polyp that fell off colony I have found 3 that have came off.

SNC11072.jpg

I have small pink cloves that spread like the ones you posted in the first photo. I've seen people say that cutting them will irritate them, but it shouldn't kill them. Unfortunately not to many people seem to be into cloves so it hard find any info out on them.

I have small pink cloves that spread like the ones you posted in the first photo. I've seen people say that cutting them will irritate them, but it shouldn't kill them. Unfortunately not to many people seem to be into cloves so it hard find any info out on them.

When I fragged the yellow tips by rock chipping , they seemed irritated for only a few hours then they opened up.

Well knowing my self I will do some experiments with the cloves maybe in a few days. I was thinking about trying to cut them with a blade. ( for the vein type ones)

I have done little experiments such as seeing what would happen if I didn't do a WC for a while. But I didn't test water or anything like that. (I don't test the clove water at all really lol) I notice faster growth in a few colonies.

hmmm Well I hope more people enjoy this thread and add more info, or just post pics of there cloves!

I found this post from awhile back when I did a search on here for "cloves".

Hey there fellow reefers!

So recently my gold laced cloves have gone berserk and started reproducing and multiplying outrageously fast . So i made 5 frags of 15-20 polyp groupings. Each of the frags also have a nice little extra gift attached. One has a ricordia yuma attached, and the others have the nice blue snowflake cloves on them. If you'd like to swing by and check them out, Ill show you what i did to propagate them and how the method promoted EACH *individual Clove to send out their own new root system. ( which will result in extremely fast multiplication ) You'll then be able to propagate and continue fragging yourself!!

Interesting to know that there's a way to help them grow, if only I knew what you have to do?!

I found this post from awhile back when I did a search on here for "cloves".

Hey there fellow reefers!

So recently my gold laced cloves have gone berserk and started reproducing and multiplying outrageously fast . So i made 5 frags of 15-20 polyp groupings. Each of the frags also have a nice little extra gift attached. One has a ricordia yuma attached, and the others have the nice blue snowflake cloves on them. If you'd like to swing by and check them out, Ill show you what i did to propagate them and how the method promoted EACH *individual Clove to send out their own new root system. ( which will result in extremely fast multiplication ) You'll then be able to propagate and continue fragging yourself!!

Interesting to know that there's a way to help them grow, if only I knew what you have to do?!

hmmmm I am not sure if there is a way to cut them to make them grow fast or not. I could be just the type of clove he has and that it just grows fast. On the first page the 6th picture down, those cloves grow like CRAZY. I almost see a new polyp every other day. Here is a new pic top view of them, notice 3 polyps on the right.

SNC11095.jpg

top view of orange tips ( messing with cameras color settings lol)

SNC11089.jpg

Getting a serious urge to buy those stargazer cloves from atlantis now, but I get sick to my stomach thinking about the $10 per polyp price....

The plain purple/pink cloves grow like crazy, I take it that's why they're common to find.

Getting a serious urge to buy those stargazer cloves from atlantis now, but I get sick to my stomach thinking about the $10 per polyp price....

The plain purple/pink cloves grow like crazy, I take it that's why they're common to find.

The ones that grow fast are some silver/blue color under MH right now they look pink purple.

Don't buy any from ATL I will see who has some for you at a better price, I and will even frag mine once they grow out more, They are just starting to grow because I didn't have them attached to a bigger piece of rock and now they are finally rooting onto the new rock. I have 4 new polyps :D

Where are you located ?

I'm up in Napa, but if you're willing to ship I would buy a frag of them or do a trade.

Yeah that would be cool I have never shipped We can do a trade once they grow just keep watch on my tank build thread soon. I have never sold a coral lol I normally trade or give away.

I will Pm you once I see if any of my friends can get some if you want them now I will let you know how much.

I noticed something about flow this morning. I hooked up my nano koralia pump last night and this morning I noticed that a few polyps on two separate colonies that have been closed since I bought them were open. I guess it produced more oxygen for them.

im not sure which is sexier... your avatar or your cloves :PB)
LMAO
I noticed something about flow this morning. I hooked up my nano koralia pump last night and this morning I noticed that a few polyps on two separate colonies that have been closed since I bought them were open. I guess it produced more oxygen for them.
awesome , I have been noticing something with my cloves not sure if it has to do with the fact they may need more flow, but when I got these new colonies I notice that polyps opened and stalk extended but they would be bent over like a flower that needed water. then with in about a minute they would bounce back up..... I change the flow direction a few times but i have not seen the green colony do it for a while. Last night the yellow tips look funny kind of droopy but not bent straight down like the green ones. If I catch it again i will video tape it or take pics.
000_0011-2.jpg

These where one of my favorites, I called them mini greens I hope to get some more from my friend B)

sweetness!

Thanks they where cool I hope I get more

well I have to still post pics on the cloves looking wilty .... I changed the water and they still look like that until yesterday, I put in some amino acids and topped of. They look better I will post pics once I get out of this office.

Here are the pics I think its because my alk was low I just put some buffer in and they look a lot better.

Here are some before pictures

kstuff006.jpg

kstuff001.jpg

kstuff003.jpg

Here are some growth picks, this colony is growing long tub like things to find new rocks to grow on. I turned it around to take pic and it attached to my wall lol. I think its cool so I will have some frags growing on my glass now.

kstuff016.jpg

kstuff018.jpg

Pics of the frags I made growing a tub/numb ( look at the base on the right top polyp)

kstuff015.jpg

and just a pic

kstuff005.jpg

Archived