Cultivated Reef

lilredneckmans RSM

lilredneckman

lilredneckman
better than the 750 witch is lowest price that ive seen it ill trade my tv for your tank lol

Yeah and the even better thing is that i got the whole thing for 450!

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lilredneckman

Thanks Nick!

And yes this is my tanks 1 year anniversary. I took a BUNCH of pics but i cant find my frickin cord to upload them! I doubt i will find it tonight but will look tomorrow again@!

Hey, when/if you come over saturday to help out with the whole BB thing you can get the wrasse since I'll have the rocks out and can catch him, wish i could keep him but he'll fight with my flasher and is getting big quick.

• 2 weeks later...
lilredneckman

Alright guys so i went to the fish store yesterday and picked up myself a "fancy Perc". he has already pared up with my other clown and the have been swimming side by side in the tank together. He ate some pellets this morning so that is always a good sign. Also i don't remember if i said this but i also got Nick's yellow coris wrasse because he was going to get a flasher but it died. Anyways all of my 4 fish are all doing magnificent!

I also have gotten a few new zoas and a purple cap.

Birdsnest before:

Picture042-2.jpg

After:

StMarteen010.jpg

Red cap before:

Picture023-3.jpg

After:

StMarteen017.jpg

Green cap before:

Picture004-4.jpg

After:

StMarteen018.jpg

Green paly before:

Picture033-1.jpg

After:

StMarteen003.jpg

Shrooms Before:

Picture119-1.jpg

After:

StMarteen009.jpg

And now just some pics!!

Kenya tree

StMarteen002.jpg

zoas

StMarteen004.jpg

rics

StMarteen005.jpg

NEW "Fancy" CLOWN!!!!

StMarteen013.jpg

StMarteen014.jpg

them side by side

StMarteen012.jpg

lilredneckman
True perc right?

How long in between are those before and afters shots?

Well its called a "fancy" perc but to me it looks like a true. It doesnt really matter ot me though cuz hes really neat!

The birdsnest was like 1 month growth...

Red cap like 4 months....

Green cap like 2 months....

green palys like 5 months...

Shrooms one year.....

lilredneckman
Um, at the LFS they were calling them fancy occelaris not percs, and they are occys not percs.

Actually on the little name tag or w/e where they had the names listed on that blue lid they called then "fancy percs" Then on the other clowns they called them "TR Percs. But it doesn't really matter to me

Looking good Lrm! I like the new clown :D I have 3 in my 40L I originally had 2 captive bred then 1 jumped I bought 2 wild caught they all hang out together :)

lilredneckman
Looking good Lrm! I like the new clown :D I have 3 in my 40L I originally had 2 captive bred then 1 jumped I bought 2 wild caught they all hang out together :)

Thanks! Ya the new clown is really cool and seems to be enjoying itself. Thats cool that all of the clowns just hang out together. Im surprised that they haven't fought.

lilredneckman
Happy Anniversary! The SPS growth rate looks great

Thanks Stevie! I know it was a little late for pics but i had a few delays. Everything has grown quite a bit, the red cap has grown but not AS much as i though it would.

• 3 weeks later...
lilredneckman

Well i went to a PBMAS frag swap on Sunday and i picked up a few new things. I got...

1 polyp of RPE

1 purple death

5 polyps of pink zoas from Morgan at Reefgardner.net

Another Giant red cap

ORA Rose Milli

Rainbow monti but it RTNed over night :angry:

Ill have some pics up later after the lights come on

that too bad about your Rainbow some of my best pieces i have ever had all ways seemed to die while the cheap crappy always stayed alive

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
lilredneckman

Well i figured i would update a little. I have been kinda neglecting my tank for a few months now and i decided that i would clean it up a little. So today i clean up a little of the overgrown algae that i had and bought a few turbos an emerald crab and a few blue leg hermits.A few things have died and a few things have grown but overall everything is still pretty good. Right now the only fish i have are the yellow coris and my yellow tailed damsel. Tomorrow i will be doing a major water change and clean up everything and then i will take some pics!!

you have'nt been around much so its good to hear that you are getting your tank back in order post pics of your progress

lilredneckman

Thanks David!

Well i did a major cleaning today and just finished about a half hour ago and i took a few pics. Sorry there not that great but my camera sucks and everything is still getting over the big cleaning and 5g water change.

FTS

tires001-2.jpg

Purple death + new frags

tires003-1.jpg

SOme SPS

tires004-1.jpg

Orange Digi

tires005.jpg

Angry duncan

tires006.jpg

PO'D zoas

tires007.jpg

Shrooms

tires008.jpg

Yellow polyps

tires009-1.jpg

Red monti cap

tires010-1.jpg

Left side

tires011-1.jpg

Right side

tires012-1.jpg

lilredneckman

Thanks for the reply Weetie! The montis have their good days and their bad days but they have been doing good recently.

A few more things were open today so i decided to take some more pics! Enjoy my crappy photography!

RPE

tires013-1.jpg

Happy acan

tires014-2.jpg

Some kind of acro

tires015-1.jpg

Green digi

tires016-1.jpg

Rics and trumpet

tires017.jpg

And a blue shroom

tires018.jpg