Pod Your Reef

Paradise Reef Frag Pack Special

ParadiseReef

a thief doesn't return money... but yea... i hope its a good reason cuz i feel bad for this guy :/ im a puss puss i know.

I hate that all this got to this point but seriously all he needed to do was inform us of a problem or whatever and I am sure we could of worked through a lot of this amicably. The three of us here all tried several attempts at emails and calls but were completely ignored. That was the biggest problem with all of this, no contact or anything whatsoever until now.

If he did or does have a good reason he never shared it with us.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARE YOU CRAZY?

I'm still waiting for the story, though. What happened?

the usual story is a death in the family.

I'm glad to see efforts being made to correct this situation.

money back and the order...wonder if he will really pull through with actually doing what he says.

Christopher Marks

Well it looks like everyone got their refunds, and it sounds like James is going to ship out some corals anyways for the troubles. I know it's extremely frustrating not to hear back about an order, but consider the timing of everything with Christmas and New Years. I've heard from numerous people that have had nothing but great experiences with Paradise Reef. Calling him a lowlife and scammer is pretty dramatic, and I believe far from the truth. Let's give him a chance.

Well it looks like everyone got their refunds, and it sounds like James is going to ship out some corals anyways for the troubles. I know it's extremely frustrating not to hear back about an order, but consider the timing of everything with Christmas and New Years. I've heard from numerous people that have had nothing but great experiences with Paradise Reef. Calling him a lowlife and scammer is pretty dramatic, and I believe far from the truth. Let's give him a chance.

The only reason that this got so ugly is he was on this site while we were trying to contact him and he made no attempt to tell us the status of our orders. He was also posting on other sites around the time we were trying to contact him which included calling him. All any of us asked for was an update on when he was planning to ship our orders. Some comments that I personally made may have been out of frustration but the fact remains that he left us hanging.

The only reason that this got so ugly is he was on this site while we were trying to contact him and he made no attempt to tell us the status of our orders. He was also posting on other sites around the time we were trying to contact him which included calling him. All any of us asked for was an update on when he was planning to ship our orders. Some comments that I personally made may have been out of frustration but the fact remains that he left us hanging.

+1

simple communication could have avoided all this

Well I am still pending on my refund, so when it goes thru I will be happy. If by chance that I do get a consolation package in the mail, I would be more than satisfied. i am just confused as to why it had to get like this in the first place. I mean, if I had received some sort of response from the beginning, I prob wouldn't have worried at all. I guess this is a learning experience for every party involved.

I have been following this thread the last few weeks, and I have to say I am dissapointed in NR administration. I can't believe they try to make excuses like "look at what time of year it was." He was here reading the post, and never tried to explain himself. He just waited until even his locals were asking him questions, and then decided to refund the money. As an individual who has never purchased anything from this site, I hope the site learns to respond a little faster, and quit standing up for dead beat sponsors.

I have been following this thread the last few weeks, and I have to say I am dissapointed in NR administration. I can't believe they try to make excuses like "look at what time of year it was." He was here reading the post, and never tried to explain himself. He just waited until even his locals were asking him questions, and then decided to refund the money. As an individual who has never purchased anything from this site, I hope the site learns to respond a little faster, and quit standing up for dead beat sponsors.

+1 on that.

Calling him a lowlife and scammer is pretty dramatic, and I believe far from the truth. Let's give him a chance.

I think we gave him more than a chance. He decided to just not respond to phone calls, email messages or anything yet continued to come on here and post on other forums. There is no excuse for that..period.

Coming on here a week after this started and not saying anything to us is not only ignorant but just insulting, almost as if he didn't feel the need to bother with us. At least that is how I felt.

When you take someone's money and leave them hanging for as long as he did and reacted the way he did, I do not feel we were being unreasonable.

I am very glad to see him doing the right thing by refunding the money and perhaps sending us orders as well. I think that is a step in the right direction and a nice gesture...we will see if that comes to light.

And in all fairness the moment I saw the refund come through and his posting, I immediately posted he did just that.

I will give credit where it is due.

Glad everyone got back thier money.

Judging from ebay feedback (left only from buyers with first hand knowledge) and the issues brought forth in this thread, I personally would be weary of any transaction other than C.O.D.

If it is going to be too much trouble to do business during a certain time of year maybe running deals then is not such a good idea. but that is just my opinion and simple common sense.

I'm glad that the forum's buyers from got their money back! I also hope that other buyers that didn't have the backup from NR, who never recieved their order, got their money back too.

Ordering online expects the air of a decent transaction, not chaos, which is what this panned out to be for all parties involved.

And, from my point of view, all customers were not only controlled with their fustrations, but also diplomatic in their expectations, and within their right to expect some form of communication.

When it was clear that they were being ignored, everyone had the right to be upset and make their own assumptions. AND judging from this guy's ebay feedback, he has a history of not sending items.

At least he refunded the forum's members money.

BTW: Has anyone recieved their orders? Not trying to pour salt on an open wound, but I just wanted to check my instincts...

You're welcome to start your own perfect forum. Good luck brother.

BTW: Has anyone recieved their orders? Not trying to pour salt on an open wound, but I just wanted to check my instincts...

nothing received but if I do I will post here for sure.

You're welcome to start your own perfect forum. Good luck brother.

Wow--you peeved him!

It's true. I don't know how "administration" is supposed to tackle the individual transactions of a seller.

I was surprised that CM even offered to contact the seller. In my opinion--admin has no control over individual sellers transactions.

You should have brought it to the posse!!! By the people for the people!!! :D

Hmm....maybe I will buy a frag pack and a dvd now that it looks like things have settled.

Nothing received on my end either. I am not suprised and don't expect anything to ever arrive. My refund is still pending as well. I will feel better when the transaction has completed and this is over. If I happen to get a delivery I will post here.

It's true. I don't know how "administration" is supposed to tackle the individual transactions of a seller.

I was surprised that CM even offered to contact the seller. In my opinion--admin has no control over individual sellers transactions.

This guy is one of the NR sponsors. Admin getting involved was the right thing to do. It gives the forum and all of their other sponsors a bad name when business is done (or not done) this way.

Forums like this, their sponsors, and members like us have one big symbiotic relationship. The forum needs the sponsors' money, the sponsors need to advertise to people like us, we get the benefit of a free forum and in turn buy stuff from the sponsors.

From the sponsor page:

Our Sponsors

Many thanks to the following companies for their sponsorship of Nano-Reef.com! It is their support that allows Nano-Reef.com to be available free to all. If you enjoy using Nano-Reef.com, support the businesses that help support us. Tell them you saw their banner on Nano-Reef.com, let them know that you appreciate their sponsorship when you do business with them.

Paradise reef doesn't have a banner on the sponsor page (probably too much money for him), but he's still a sponsor, nonetheless. Most would assume that a sponsor has a straightfoward way of doing business with their customers.

Maybe they'll rethink supporting this guy's 'business' to online buyers.

Hmm....maybe I will buy a frag pack and a dvd now that it looks like things have settled.

You should be ok, as long as you go pick it up. This guy can't find the post office. ;)

Eh--

NR is just a vehicle for advertising a business--just like a magazine, newspaper, radio or TV ad.

We make up the community that supports businesses.

I can see where a new business owner could be overwhelmed---I know this guy...........

Add: If you're that pissed--make a feedback thread about it to let others know. That's where they will look.

Looking through that post, I see little in the way of a "good point".

I don't think CM has stood up, defended, or made excuses for this sponsor. The simple fact that he's let this thread go refutes that claim, as RC or any other forum would have shut this thread down from the beginning, and probably banned many of the people who flamed the sponsor. The fact that both CM and adin have looked into the situation shows their care for the people on this site as much as their sponsors because their job isn't to babysit transactions on other websites (or this one, for that matter). We're adults - we should know how to wisely choose a website to order from, and how to go through legal channels to fix a problem. Banning or publicly flaming the sponsor would have been a stupid move on their part because the people affected by this ordeal would have less access to him (and making a person mad is NEVER a smart way to get money), and he could have had a valid excuse through much of this thread.

Frankly, you guys should just be glad that you've been allowed to continue this thread - a problem was brought up, he was flamed, the situation was eventually remedied. If it weren't for the fact that it's NR, I'd be surprised that the thread is allowed to continue. And I personally don't believe anyone who isn't a paid member of this site (and especially those who've done so little posting) has much right to complain about the running of this site. These guys do a great job of running this site, and giving us a LOT of liberty. If you can't handle it, go over to RC and be babysat.

omg...

i love you.

just can't make up your mind, eh?

A love that was formed from mini carpet anemones... :P

i think he's a lil bit jealous :P

Archived