Coral Vue Hydros

Paradise Reef Frag Pack Special

ParadiseReef

Atlantis Reef

Not to say he is doing right but alot of places are off until after the first of the year. I have several orders that will not ship until after the firs tof the year

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand that alot of places close down for the holidays and thats fine. We were never imformed of such a shutdown and all we needed was communication. A simple I will be out of town until after the new year would have been enough.

I understand that alot of places close down for the holidays and thats fine. We were never imformed of such a shutdown and all we needed was communication. A simple I will be out of town until after the new year would have been enough.

Agreed. He also did state he was able to ship out Wednesday for Thursday just passed but has not made any contact whatsoever in 8 days.

whatever, this is mad shady. I posted a claim on paypal. I suggest you guys do the same.

I am real close to taking the same action. Have any of you guys that are local to the shop been in there in the past couple of days?

I am real close to taking the same action. Have any of you guys that are local to the shop been in there in the past couple of days?

I just made my claim as well. I tried leaving phone messages and they are not being returned either.

Been 8 days since he made any comments in here but yet he was online here yesterday morning at 7:37....pffft. . Even some contact could of made some difference but since there has been none I am done with Paradise Reef.

What a great way for paradisereef to introduce themselves.... :rolleyes:Also whats up with all the people that were supposed to go over to the store and ask what was going on?

I just made my claim as well. I tried leaving phone messages and they are not being returned either.Been 8 days since he made any comments in here but yet he was online here yesterday morning at 7:37....pffft. . Even some contact could of made some difference but since there has been none I am done with Paradise Reef.
Just checked it out he was on here yesterday. I am filing a dispute with paypal. I was going to hold out until Monday but the fact that he was one here really gets me upset.

On a side note I hope the moderators of this site will consider banning Paradisereef as a vendor here after this event.

So no info from the local guys? It's like Paradisereef dropped off of the face of the earth when things got serious.

I get the feeling that those people were created by paradisereef to hype them up, seems like a shady place.. :angry:

I get the feeling that those people were created by paradisereef to hype them up, seems like a shady place.. :angry:

I just can't believe that there has been no response from James. This is a really bad start for his online business.

Or maybe the people who vouched for him are embarrased now, I know I would be!

I've been tagging along on this thread since it started, and I watched as everyone was excited and made their orders, and then as everyone slowly became a little more anxious, then fustrated, and then cancelled their orders, up to now where everyone is pretty pissed.

At first I figured the guy had some kind of emergency to take care of or something. I was sure he would come back with some kind of story. A break in at his store, a bomb threat, a brain aneurysm...... something.

But when I saw that he logged onto this site and still didn't communicate anything to his customers, that's when I can't give the guy the benefit of the doubt anymore.

If he signed on, then he deffinately read everybody's posts, and still never responded. That's pretty messed up.

If it's a scam, it's a pretty crappy one. I mean how much did he make? Around $1500 if all 15 people bought the frag pack, right?

$1500 isn't alot of $ when you're sacrificing your whole reputation and pretty much forgetting about anyone on this board (and I'm sure a few others, if people spread the word) from ever ordering from him.

On a good note, if everyone paid through paypal, they're pretty good at getting your money back. Assumming it's still in his bank account....

Good luck everyone! I really hope you get your money back!

I am a real person hence the 1,000+ posts before paradise reef even started. Several of the other people are in the same local aquarium club as me that have posted on his behalf.

This is an actual store and not a scam... that is where I have purchased my last 6 or 7 corals.

Or maybe the people who vouched for him are embarrased now, I know I would be!

Yeah it is kinda embarrassing that he has not even made an attempt to contact you all.

I have not had a chance to get there with all the holiday family stuff. I am however planning on going over there on tuesday.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:26 am

**** I just got a message from james and he said he is working on getting everything straightened out****

I am sure he will attempt to make his mistake right. Just give him a chance.

I am a real person hence the 1,000+ posts before paradise reef even started.

**** I just got a message from james and he said he is working on getting everything straightened out****

I like this he contacts the guy who vouched for him and not the people waiting for orders.

Ok, that's even more messed up.

No offence, but I think everyone gave him a chance when they placed their order with him.

If he can get a message to you, then he can get a message to all of the people who gave him money over a week ago. If he's really working on getting things straightened out, that's what he would be doing.

I'm not trying to be rude, but he's really putting you in an awkward position to relay his messages. Not to mention, getting everyone else even more irritated by not contacting them, but contacting you instead.

it takes very little to stay in contact with people. and even less effort when you take care of business.

I have sold online alot. And found it to be little to no hassles if I always do these few simple things.

I never try to pull one over on anyone.

I will only ship what I would be happy to recieve.

I ensure both myself and the buyer are clear on what is offered and exact price.

I make listings with every intent of following through with my promise.

Most importantly I ensure that priority one after taking in someone elses funds is getting them the goods, or a darn good understanding of why i am delayed.

It really sucks this group of people were possibly taken advantage of. I hope it is just really poor communication. Claims with paypal should be put off untill 10 business days to give the benifit of the doubt to a seller.

I relize it is a holiday time of year. but sellers that hide behind that excuse for giving poor service need to realize they chose to sell at those times.

Do what you say and say what you do. I would love to see more succesful sales/trades on this site.

xoxo

Ok, that's even more messed up.

No offence, but I think everyone gave him a chance when they placed their order with him.

If he can get a message to you, then he can get a message to all of the people who gave him money over a week ago. If he's really working on getting things straightened out, that's what he would be doing.

I'm not trying to be rude, but he's really putting you in an awkward position to relay his messages. Not to mention, getting everyone else even more irritated by not contacting them, but contacting you instead.

Seriously if he wants to straighten things out he needs to post here or return a call not relay a message. At least two of us have called him and left a message. Even if he is having computer problems he could call.

This is a post he made on another forum:

jcoleman_3

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:58 pm Post subject: PR Open New Year's Day!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will be closed New Year's Eve and open 3-6 New Year's Day. There will be a storewide sale New Year's Day as well. 25% off everything! As those of you who were here Saturday can attest, we have a bunch of new coral. See you then!

This post was made last night, so there goes the computer's not working theory.

It's too bad that he can't just email somebody. This will give people more apprehension the next time they make an order with an online source, and not all people operate this way.

The other posters that have praised him didn't order online, and live nearby. They all say he has great stuff and is a nice guy, which could be true. But he's blatantly ignoring people after he took their money, and going on other forums to advertise, instead of using his time to contact his customers who are upset.

I guess marketing is his strong point. Internet business... not a strong point.

All that I can say is this has been the worst online purchase experience that I have ever had. Nothing will completely repair this situation I just want a refund ASAP.

whatever the excuses may be, whatever the circumstances are, I really dont give a ######. The fact is, I gave this guy money, gave him the benefit of the doubt, AND supported a fellow reefers business. I have plenty of really good websites where I can order stuff from. i also have been to many local stores that carry excellent selection of corals. I was litterally supporting a new business and taking advantage of a deal that was litterally "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!!!!

ok well I have been doing some internet searches for the Indiana area and reef clubs and have found the place where he has been posting stuff as recent as today. I just joined it and blasted him there and let people know there what he is doing to us.

I personally will make it my job to let as many people as I know about this guy and his so called internet dealings.

Archived