Pod Your Reef

My cube

whofeelsitknowsit

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
whofeelsitknowsit

So dwarf cuttlefish in an 8 gallon biocube is a bad idea, right?

You have 7 minutes to talk me out of it before I hit "buy."

whofeelsitknowsit

I was thinking of getting a few eggs and seeing if I can one to grow out of them. NYaquatics has eggs for pretty cheap, even with shipping.

But yeah, feeding is gonna be the issue. And keeping the water clean.

On the other hand, they're really cool...

• 2 weeks later...
whofeelsitknowsit

So my 3 cuttlefish eggs are now three baby cuttlefish. I was hoping to get 1 out of 3, but I guess I'm better at this than I thought. My only question, how do I clean up the ink? It's getting hard to see in there. I have a bag of purigen in the back chamber, but it's not enough.

• 2 months later...
whofeelsitknowsit

No baby yet. Apparently 4 cm dilation doesn't mean anything in terms of predicting.

And, yeah. The cuttle was a failed troll attempt.

whofeelsitknowsit

I don't use a mediabasket, although they seem like a good idea. I think I set my tank up before Stevie was selling them -- or at least I didn't know about them.

I have liverock rubble, a bag of purigen and a heater in the first chamber, and chaeto and filter floss in the second chamber.

whofeelsitknowsit

No, it's cool. It would get eaten again. That pencil urchin's got an apetite.

Negative on the gobies. I'm waiting for labia's clowns.

• 3 weeks later...
whofeelsitknowsit

I haven't updated this in a little while.

I ordered a whole bunch of frags -- zoas, acans, dendro, sun coral, duncan, hammer and GSP from Mr.Coral a few weeks ago, but I missed the first delivery attempt due to the birth of my son and consequently most of the frags didn't make it. Two zoa frags, two acan frags and the dendro survived (although I'm not certain the dendro isn't a sun coral). The GSP may pull through too, but it still hasn't opened up.

I ordered a rhizo from phishy business over the weekend, and it arrived today. It's pretty sweet.

I put all the Mr.coral zoas and acans on the left side. I think that side's gonna look real purdy once the little frags start filling out. The rhizo is in a little nook on the right side.

What should I do up top? There are some yumas up there, but I think it needs more.

Also, I have a koralia nano that I want to hook up to add some flow. Where should I put it?

It's a work in progress:

50f738cb.jpg

da69aceb.jpg

0abe30e8.jpg

Please ignore the algae. I'm working on it by ignoring it. Also, the dendro in the middle of the tank is not staying there. I just put it there until I decide what to do with it.

And the pics were taken shortly after I put the rhizo in the tank. It has opened up a lot more since then.

Archived