SaltCritters.com

My cube

whofeelsitknowsit

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming along good so far... As for the GSP... It has been my experience that as long as the mat stay a good purple and doesnt brown out it will be out and flowing at some point... I have had mine for over a year and sometime they close up for 3 or 4 days... then pop out and flow with the current...

Deleted User 6

Whew! Boy was I worried there for a moment.

Where are the dendros?

Gsp survival rate is pretty good in my expeirence. I had a 40br disaster and my sumplight fell in while I was away for easter weekend and when I came back the gsp had turned black and some if it was melting off the rock. A few months later it has risen back to its former glory and all dead spots have been grown back over. Wish I could say that about all the sps and zoas I lost. You are also most likely nesting, typical male behavior when the old lady is expecting. Use it to your advantage when the wife is bringing the what are doing buying fish stuff speech to the table.

whofeelsitknowsit

The new zoas are very nice. Got them from reefempire on ebay. I recommend them. Great packaging and fast shipping.

I'll post pics at some point, probably on Sunday because I won't be home before then.

And seriously, if anybody wants to send me some chaeto, it'd be much appreciated.

whofeelsitknowsit

I tried again for a rhizo on ebay over the weekend, and I failed again. The thing was like $3 with 10 minutes left in the auction, and it ended at like $125. #### that.

sealifeinc.net

They're good because the critters are cheap, but also priority shipping is only $14 (they don't make you pay for overnight).

yo fifi - did you do overnight? what did you order for priority? are crabs to risky for priority?

Deleted User 6

crabs are risky for priority. i think john (reefcleaners) can do 2-day to NYC though, which should be fine for crabs. not sure if Ken (sealife) does that though -maybe. i want some rusty gobies.

whofeelsitknowsit

I've ordered from sealife several times over the past few years, and I've done priority shipping every time. I've never had any dead on arrivals. I've ordered emerald crabs from them on two occasions. Both survived.

Also, they tend to throw in extras just in case. If you're only ordering one emerald, they'll probably only send you one. But if you order several of something, you usually get more.

If they think something can't handle priority shipping, they don't allow priority shipping for that item.

you cantankerous bunch of sea dogs, I am hoping I can resist the urge to once again, take care of one of my many saltwater tanks. Freaking wifi I used to buy enough from Ken (old diver) to pay his fuel and crew on his boat.

I even found myself checking out saltwater . com again tonight. :huh:

I must resist......

Archived